DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-09-2011, 03:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 4x4 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:584
yamifz1 is a name known to allyamifz1 is a name known to allyamifz1 is a name known to allyamifz1 is a name known to allyamifz1 is a name known to allyamifz1 is a name known to all
Default My 2008 build

Recently I have come across a few people that have started threads dedicated to the progress of their truck from the time they bought it to the present. Well Maddog and Wildcat ( sounds like a cartoon) have inspired me so I thought I would do the same for my truck.

This is what my truck looked like the day I brought it home. Just like about 50 other Rams in town.
[IMG][/IMG]

Shortly after this I was wanting to change the appearance of my truck and this is when I discovered the Forum. I decided to make some changes and call them my Christmas present to my self. I added a Xtang Trifecta tonneau cover, tinted the windows and got vinyl graphics for the hood and tail.
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Kick the tires and light the fires!!!
14" Magnaflow, Extang Tonneau cover, Vararam CAI, Line X bed liner,Vent visors, Shorty antenna,fuel door cover, Tinted tail and 3rd brake light, rally stripes, LEDs inside and out.
Sponsored links
Old 07-09-2011, 03:16 PM

yamifz1 is a name known to allyamifz1 is a name known to allyamifz1 is a name known to allyamifz1 is a name known to allyamifz1 is a name known to allyamifz1 is a name known to all

Next came the fog lights and I added mesh to the grill.

[IMG][/IMG]

By now I had started reading a lot about lighting and thought that could be my next mod, which turned out great.Loved the new look. I added Halo projectors to the front and a set of LED tails.
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Christmas was fast approaching again and I was in need of another good Christmas gift. I decided on a new hood. I sent out a thread asking members for different suggestions for hoods and after a lot of deliberation I made my decision. I picked the 440 six-pack hood.

[IMG][/IMG]

14" Magnaflow, Extang Tonneau cover, Vararam CAI, Line X bed liner,Vent visors, Shorty antenna,fuel door cover, Tinted tail and 3rd brake light, rally stripes, LEDs inside and out.

Last edited by yamifz1; 07-09-2011 at 03:45 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:29 PM

Once again I turned to the members because I wasn't sure how to paint it, I was given several different options. The final decision took a while and it was not til about 4 months after getting the hood that I finally got it painted along with the grill to match. At the same time I also decided that I wanted some of the older style rims because they would go with the old muscle car styling I was looking for.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Well now it was time to work on performance, I had put an 18" Magnaflow on earlier and now I needed a CAI. Being that I had the functional ram air hood I started looking for a system that would work with that. What I found was an APM Ramair system.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

And to make it all work, next came the Diablosport Preditor. Made a few changes and now the performance matches the looks...For me anyway.

Old 07-09-2011, 03:41 PM

Now that I had the majority of the larger mods out of the way it is time to start the shall we say "finishing" touches. I decided that it was time to upgrade the stereo. Nothing fancy, or loud, just wanted to be able to use the music on the phone and the bluetooth so i can go hands free.

[IMG][/IMG]

and today I finally got around to cleaning up the looks by de-badging the truck.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Well that is all that I can think of. I have another mod sitting in the basement waiting to get installed. However I have heard so many horror stories that I have been Leary to install it.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by yamifz1; 07-09-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:57 PM

Rep:22
MADDOG is on a distinguished road

Awesome thread, Richard!!!!

I like everything you've done.

Don't be leery about the HID's...go for it and see if they work. My horror story may not be your story, bud. So get after it!

And I am still working on my headlights but I think I've come up with a solution, finally. "Think" is the operative word....nothing's been tested yet. But, if it does, I'll post it up in my mod thread!

Nice work on the truck and the thread. That deserves some beans!
Old 07-10-2011, 01:57 PM

Thanks Micheal, I will likely tackle the HID's soon and see what happens.

Last edited by yamifz1; 07-11-2011 at 12:02 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Woo Pig Sooie!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Color: White
Rep:95
Razorbass will become famous soon enough

That is awesome. Definite reps for that. Thanks for sharing!
2011 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4, skid plates, 3.92 gears, Magnaflow cat back, spray-in bed liner, debadged, Bakflip F1 tonneau cover, WeatherTech liners & deflectors, K&N drop-in filter, 20% tint, Sickspeed carbon fiber antenna
Old 07-13-2011, 09:51 PM

Thanks guys appreciate it.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 1996 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Hunter green
Engine: 1993-1993 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp 325lb/ft
Rep:21
Reddog170 is on a distinguished road

Nice, very nice. One question. What happened to the mesh grill?
Old 07-13-2011, 10:10 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: True Blue
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:851
RockyRam is a splendid one to beholdRockyRam is a splendid one to beholdRockyRam is a splendid one to beholdRockyRam is a splendid one to beholdRockyRam is a splendid one to beholdRockyRam is a splendid one to beholdRockyRam is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to RockyRam

The Ram looks great! Good Job!!!

Have a Gray Ram?? Join the Mineral Gray Metallic Ramz Group!!!
http://www.ramforumz.com/group.php?groupid=21

"Rocky and Bullwinkle"