DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-12-2011, 12:45 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 5.7 Hemi
Rep:10
Bigkurt72 is on a distinguished road
Default New Hemi! Lookin to upgrade some parts!

Just got a 2011 1500 5.7 hemi, single cab regular bed, and im lookin to get some stuff done to it! Im lovin it right now, but im a sound and performance guy, so gettin exhaust, headers etc is a must! =D

When im done, i'd like to have a K & N Cold air intake, Cat back exhaust, headers, and a chip put in. Not all at once, but eventually.

Hoping you guys could help me decide the routes to go, since im new with upgrading parts on newer trucks. I'm not lookin to spend a booatttt load of cash, but...anyway!

Exhaust wise, i'd like a single chambered exhaust, single in dual out. Other then that, headers and chip i'm lookin for some help from some more experienced people! Appreciate it ahead of time. =)
Sponsored links
Old 07-12-2011, 09:19 AM
Woo Pig Sooie!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Color: White
Rep:95
Razorbass will become famous soon enough

As far as exhaust goes, the Magnaflow cat back setup seems to be popular on this forum. Mine is arriving today so I am pretty pumped about that. Below is the thread that convinced me to go this route. Lots of pics and videos.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=84922

If you want to save a couple of bucks, you can also consider just changing the Y-pipe and muffler. Here is an excellent thread on that setup:

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=71908
2011 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4, skid plates, 3.92 gears, Magnaflow cat back, spray-in bed liner, debadged, Bakflip F1 tonneau cover, WeatherTech liners & deflectors, K&N drop-in filter, 20% tint, Sickspeed carbon fiber antenna
Old 08-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Grey
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
RamRod11 is on a distinguished road

I agree with Razorbass on the exhaust. I have the DOD18M Magnaflow on mine and it sounds great. Pretty cheap too!!
Old 08-15-2011, 01:16 PM
erm

I like my single in / dual out Magnaflow!

For headers, look at ARH (American Racing Headers) here on the site. I've heard that JBA will be releasing a set of shorties soon.

There are no good programmers available for the 2011 yet but you'll have two choices eventually... SuperChips & DiabloSport.

I prefer the DiabloSport programmers as I've seen noticeable results on both of my HEMI powered vehicles and they are easy to use. You can see some real world before and after dyno sheets on my "Ram Mods" link below. Just scroll to page 2.

Good luck with the mods!
Old 08-15-2011, 02:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

i agree with the magnaflow exhaust and also with the diablo for the programmer but my choice of intake wouldnt be a k&n i would go with a different brand as iv heard they are poor quality for the rams
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Old 08-15-2011, 03:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn 4x4
Color: Bright White Clearcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:309
SS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the rough

+1 for the American Racing Headers. I had multiple sets for my 2002 Camaro as the engine setup changed and my set for my Hemi just came in todya at work. I havent gotten a chance to open them yet but i know what is waiting for me.... pure exhaust tube art!

As for the CAI, look around the for and see what everyone is running. If i remember right the K&N really doesnt do much more than look better than stock because it is not in an enclosed box and doesnt pull and extra "fresh/cold" air.

2011 Big Horn 4x4 -SnowWhite-
1 7/8ths catless ARH ceramic coated longtubes - Sport mirrors-55W 5000K HID low and fogs-LED EVERYTHING
Old 08-15-2011, 08:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 1500 Ram Sport Quad 4x4
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
duster509 is on a distinguished road
Default Exhaust info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigkurt72 View Post
Just got a 2011 1500 5.7 hemi, single cab regular bed, and im lookin to get some stuff done to it! Im lovin it right now, but im a sound and performance guy, so gettin exhaust, headers etc is a must! =D

When im done, i'd like to have a K & N Cold air intake, Cat back exhaust, headers, and a chip put in. Not all at once, but eventually.

Hoping you guys could help me decide the routes to go, since im new with upgrading parts on newer trucks. I'm not lookin to spend a booatttt load of cash, but...anyway!

Exhaust wise, i'd like a single chambered exhaust, single in dual out. Other then that, headers and chip i'm lookin for some help from some more experienced people! Appreciate it ahead of time. =)

I just had a 50 series flowmaster install in place of the stock muffler on my 2011 1500 sport quad with factory dual already and wow it sound and performs awsome and my buddy that helped me had a $1000 cat back system on the same truck and it sounds and performs not better than mine he is not happy lol.hope that helps and will keep some cash in your pocket