DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Body & Interior

Notices

Body & Interior 4th Gen Dodge Ram Body & Interior Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-14-2011, 08:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: gray two toned
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Cloudpeak is on a distinguished road

I have State Farm and recently had a deer strike on a 2001 Accord. If you use a "preferred" body shop, you can take it in and get 'er fixed. I don't like the preferred shop in our town so they sent an adjuster and it worked out very well. He wrote a check on the spot and the body shop I took it to did an excellent job. The damage was around $5,000. I was surprised they didn't total the Honda as it had 160,000 miles on it and is 10 years old.

The Honda stays outside and the Dodge is in the garage

Here's a link a friend sent me about the hail storm. You guy's really got hammered. http://blogs.wyomingnews.com/blogs/s...12/hail-storm/
Old 07-14-2011, 09:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:167
rtkman has a spectacular aura aboutrtkman has a spectacular aura about

I manage a shop and from my experience your company is a good one. I would advise against being rude with the appraiser. All that's going to get you is hassle. The appraiser will write a fair estimate. These guys are pros and if there are additional items that need to be added because they missed something its a hassle for them so they will certainly try and get it all on the estimate the first time. The shop will deal with them on your behalf for anything missed. There will be no question about used parts on your truck i'm sure. Although if your policy reads as mine does they are within their rights to use them. (you signed it remember) What people sometimes forget is they are used parts coming off right? Whats the difference between a hood of another 2011 truck and yours? Why is it worse than new? Either way that likely will never be a issue. Paintless dent repair is a good thing. If you can have it repaired without painting that's great. I've had many hail damage jobs done with PDR and our guy does an awesome job. I would advise against trying to get the shop to eat the deductible. Its dishonest and if they will do that what else will they do? Good shops don't do it. They don't need to. Good luck with your truck I'm sure you'll get it all worked out.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:08 PM

Vehicle: "Beast" - '09 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie - Crew
Color: Inferno Red Crystal / Lgt. Greystone
Rep:42
strafen is on a distinguished road

some shops will "eat the deductible" to where you dont have to pay out of pocket, but if there's a lil left over after the repairs are done, they get to keep it... whats so shady or wrong about that?... i'd rather them do that then keep it...

the PDR maybe good, IF they know what they are doing.. ive seen few cases where they do and it does look good, but ive also seen several where the paint chips later after the dent pops back in

and lastly, i wasnt advising being rude... sometimes the adjusters arent very professional and try to make it seem like you know nothing about vehicles, and they need to be shown that (if you do) you know your ride and care about it, and wont take a dime less than what its worth to have it back in correct order. and sometimes that does take a lil rude behavior. not smart to use it, unless you have to, but dont be afraid if you do.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:19 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram QC 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Rep:166
Wildcat has a spectacular aura aboutWildcat has a spectacular aura about

State farm was great on my last vehicle with hail damage. Mobile claims unit, with refreshments. They had four bays open with bright lights, and after looking at the vehicle, walked me through everything on the report. At the end, they asked if I agreed or thought they missed anything, and then cut me a check and sent me on my way. I think you will be fine, just make sure they are thorough, and have them walk you through everything they are claiming.

With my current company, it was awful, phone calls to schedule and reschedule appointments. Then waiting for them to mail the check, and dealing with disagreements as to the damage. Not good. In fact, I am in the process of switching back to State Farm.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:20 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 2005-???? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
wyosmoke is on a distinguished road

Ok well I have my appt Sunday at 7:15 am. From everyone I have talked to the damage repairs will be between 7000 to 9000, I hope I can on the high end and put some to the first payment, wish me luck1
Old 07-17-2011, 01:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 2005-???? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft

Well the State Farm Estimate is in. It seems fairly comprehensive and here are the highlights.

77 hrs sheet metal replace/repair. 34 hrs paint,(no PDR, complete repaint) $2700 in new parts (OEM).

They cut me a check for $8765.00. I guess thats what I expected, now the hard question

Keep my 2006(diesel) and get rid of the new truck(hemi)?!? ( I should break even or make a few bucks)
Or, get the repairs done and hope for the best?(sell the 06)

I am leaning towards keeping the 06,(maybe with a few upgrades) and saving for another year and order a new truck from dodge (exactly the way I want it)

One last question, If I sell the new truck, will I need to pay taxes and title before I can sell it? I purchased it barley used,it had 900 miles and the previous owner traded for a diesel

Thanks Guys!
Old 07-18-2011, 11:56 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram QC 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Rep:166
Wildcat has a spectacular aura aboutWildcat has a spectacular aura about

I am not sure where you are located and laws vary a bit from one place to the next, but you will definitely have to title the vehicle before you can sell it. As for taxes, you will most likely just pay a pro-rated amount, or pay the full amount and get reimbursed after you sell it.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:51 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:360
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

"some shops will "eat the deductible" to where you dont have to pay out of pocket, but if there's a lil left over after the repairs are done, they get to keep it... whats so shady or wrong about that?... i'd rather them do that then keep it..."

Not sure how many still do this and it probably depends on the type of claim but some insurance companies would allow you to get your own estimate. Then they write you and the body shop a check for the amount of the repairs minus your deductible. Getting the body shop to raise their quote in order to cover the repairs AND your deductible is dishonest and technically insurance fraud. Now don't get me wrong...the insurance companies get plenty of our money and they can afford it more than we can....I'm just saying by way of explanation. As long as you have a fair, reputable insurance company I would say letting them estimate it and cut you a check is the way to go. I don't know if using the money for something other than repairing your vehicle would be considered fraud or not. On one hand, that's why they are giving you the money. On the other hand, it's your vehicle and if you want to ride around with it that way.....I dunno.

Anyway, so you are considering keeping the money and selling your new truck as is? Aren't you going to lose probably more than the amount of that check by reselling that new of a truck with that kind of damage?
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:39 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Caliber
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Silver
Rep:41
UN4GTBL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
state farm's been good to me in the past regarding this...

just stand firm, tell them what you WILL and will NOT go for... such as only genuine mopar repair parts, no aftermarket bs... no paintless dent repair, dont let them try to say they can add fender damage to the hood estimate etc, (ive had them try that!) and if the damage is enough that you think you want a new part such as the hood, tell them a WHOLE hood, not just the outer skin... just stand your ground, dont be afraid to get a lil rude (just not overdone) the bottom line is they work for you.... NOT the other way around, like they try to make it seem.

as far as costs, depends on your deductible, $100, 250, 500, 1000... all depends on your particular policy. some times you can talk shops into doing the work without giving them anything, they take the deductible out of the insurance check.

i have only dealt with one mobile agent, she was a bit** tried to tell me how much my truck was worth and that my bumper can be hammered out... but in the end, i got paid for a whole new bumper, mounts, shrouding, piece under headlights (this was all in my old ranger) and lol, the dent is still in bumper... the check went towards school.

and they do cut you a check right there. hail damage is an easy claim to go through, there is no having to guess if there is hidden damage under the area you see, tweaked frame, mounts, alignment etc, so they are usually able to give you a fair deal right then... just got to watch them for that paintless dent cra--i mean repair, or they will try to go for aftermarket parts. oh and dont let them try and tell you, that you HAVE to go to X shop or dealership to get it... they hand you the check and you go where you want, if you trust your local dealership by all means go, i havent found a good one around here yet, there are good ones out there... or go to a reputable body shop... but if they wouldnt give you an estimate, then i'd prolly look elsewhere... same for dealership.

good luck and sorry to hear about your truck, hail damage is ungodly painfull for me... i almost want to jump over hood to take some of it before it hits my ride... ive seen my share though, and just barely made it through. if it strikes on the Ram, im gonna hit the roof! im livin in an area that is prone to hail during any good rain... im seriously dreading it
I agree with everything except the PDR.

PDR if it can be done properly is much better, as you keep your factory parts and your factory paint. I had it done on my caliber when i got 3 moron marks on my rear driver side door. the guy told me that one might be iffy, but i had him do it anyways. All 3 dents came out just fine, and except for the one that he warned me about (which was a sharp dent on a body line) you can't tell there was ever any damage.

Wanting a new Ram...
Old 07-19-2011, 09:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Well I am going to sell the new truck, I have it listed for $29500, I have had a few calls so far ( just put it for sale last night ) the truck is perfect other than the hail damage, If anyone is intrested let me know ? (fingers crossed) ps it is loaded, has every factory option but powered rear slider, and I already added the bed rug, goose neck ball and weatehr tech floor mats ( still has factory plastic on carpets) thanks everyone for all the advice!