DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-15-2011, 10:39 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:2217
iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dyno Day with Big Dogs and She didn't perform. HELP!

On June 17th 2011 the Charlie Daniels Racing Performance Group held a "crusin" to be followed the next day with a Dyno day. Joining us at the Dyno Day was Eric Hurza, President of Arrington, Al Gennarelli, owner and sponsor of Tiffany Daniels and his Drag Pack Mopar Challenger and Charlie Daniels, Owner of Daniels Racing Group (Daniels Performance Group).
While the cruisin was nice and full of awesome cars, both old and new, there was a group of us Mopar owners full of excitement for the following day, DYNO DAY!
We had 11 Mopar cars and ONE MOPAR TRUCK set to Dyno. I was #9 on the Dyno roster and really anxious to see what my truck would do. It's a 2011 5.7 Hemi, 3.92 gears, Mopar CAI, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust and oil catch can. I must admit watching the Challengers and awesomely modded Chargers take the reigns, I was thoroughly enjoying myself and then came time for my girl. I drove my truck up to Al and handed him the keys, leaving him in charge of her and making my escape to the bathroom as nerves were taking over (briefly). Talk about giving your baby up there's no one (or group of accredited men) I'd rather give her to.
She got loaded up, Al started her and here is where I was very disheartened.....she was purring along quietly and smoothly in the first couple of gears, on to 3rd then 4th and around 3,000 rpms he punches her WOT, she downshifted to 3rd and she starts wailing her siren song then......she hit the speed limiter cutting my dyno run short. It is quickly realized that she is limited to 105mph. We tried 4 runs using compliations of shifting techniques and gears yet she wouldn't cooperate. The most I could get was 335 rwhp and she would shut down. Not bad for a CrewCab heavy beast, but we know there is more. She was just starting her climb when she cut out.
In the end, between these awesome and knowledgable men, our Dodge Dealer and any Mopar enthusiasts, we are unable to find out how to unlock the speed limiter. For those not aware, there is no tuner available for ANY of the 2011 Mopar vehicles. So that, in addition to telling you about a great time, is why I am posting.

Here are my dyno runs:

http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/a...9697508578.mp4

http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/a...9696572709.mp4

http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/a...9666177352.mp4

Special treat, fastest car of the day:
2009 SuperBee
Cam, Heads, Exhaust, Tune and CAI
Ran 435 rwhp
http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/a...9698806264.mp4
Sponsored links
Old 07-15-2011, 10:46 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Express
Trim Level: Express 1500
Color: Silver
Rep:10
vtelvr is on a distinguished road

Not too shabby! However, like you said, she was still climbing...With your supporting mods, I wouldn't doubt that you are in the 350-365rwhp range...And I could be off there!
Old 07-15-2011, 11:35 AM
erm

Sounds like you had quite a bit to go before the HP curve would have flattened out, Paris.

What needs to be done is to remove the speed limiter and to set WOT shift points at the optimum RPM value. To do that, you need a program. I sure wish DS would get theirs out for the 2011 trucks.

With the programmer, I suspect you'll be at around 370 RWHP, maybe a bit more if the ambient conditions are good.

Did you get a dyno sheet to go with these runs?
Old 07-15-2011, 12:37 PM

iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

I did receive my sheets. I don't know what everyone wants to see exactly, so I will post all 5 or 6 with descriptions:

First run, flat out regular run upto 5th (278.23 rwhp):

Second run, 4th gear with no shift, automatic (158.30 rwhp):

Third run, 3rd gear punch with no shift-auto (355.56 rwhp-at shifting):

Fourth run, 3rd shift to 4th stick run (295.88 rwhp)

I think I am explaining these right. Chime in if not. Thanks again fellas.

Last edited by iRESQu; 07-15-2011 at 12:54 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:47 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram QC 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:166
Wildcat has a spectacular aura aboutWildcat has a spectacular aura about

On one of the other forums, some 4th Gens were able to get past the speed limiter by holding down the accelerator. They said after about 5 seconds it would keep on going. Not everyone had the same experience, but several did. I haven't had anywhere that I could try it, so I don't know from first hand experience. Not a lot of roads you can get up to 105, and hold it for that long and then keep on going.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:48 PM

*Correction, I WAS NOT running 335 rwhp, that was an average given by these gentlemen but not dyno listed* This was an adjusted/estimated figure.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:05 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram CC 4x4 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:388
E.L.D. 44 is just really niceE.L.D. 44 is just really niceE.L.D. 44 is just really niceE.L.D. 44 is just really nice

Paris, those are actually really good numbers. Most stock guys are getting 305-315 rwhp. You've got a lot more with two mods. Your hp curve does explain why the programmers add so much to hemi motors though. These motors are really choked from the factory...

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=87541
Old 07-15-2011, 03:09 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram CC 4x4 Sport
Color: White
Rep:388
E.L.D. 44 is just really niceE.L.D. 44 is just really niceE.L.D. 44 is just really niceE.L.D. 44 is just really nice

There's also a flash update out that is supposed to help performance...

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=87541
Old 07-15-2011, 06:45 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram
Trim Level: Sport Crew w/Rambox
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Rep:36
moose3 is on a distinguished road

As someone who has done a fair amount of dynoing on motorcycles. The only dyno numbers that are truely comparable are runs made on that dyno on that day. Your numbers compared to what someone else did on some other dyno in some other part of the country is essentially a mute point.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:10 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:539
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

Yup, same thing goes for track slips from the drag strip
on a nice cool evening with low humidity I can run 13.8-13.9's
...one week later in the heat I'm lucky to break 14.2-14.3 on the same track.

A 1000 miles away and a 2000' drop in elevation closer to sea level
... I could be almost a half second quicker.

Have you been to a track yet? ...not much chance you'll hit the speed limiter there

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP