DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-27-2011, 07:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Blue
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:19
2k84by is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgert View Post
I was going to make an alarm system that if you broke in and did not know the code the vehicle explodes lol
Haha, i was joking with my wife that i was going to install an alarm that required a code, if you didn't know the code/typed it in wrong twice, then a gun would pop out of the steering wheel airbag compartment and shoot you. lol
Sponsored links
Old 11-28-2011, 10:18 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: ST
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:25
pitt gsxr is on a distinguished road

That giant box is only temporary. It had been 6 months since I had bass and I was going crazy! Here in the next few months I am building a custom down firing center console, if I can figure it out I want to mount the flip up arm rest onto the box...

As for "drawing attention" sorry but that's a load. If someone hears me, or looks through my windows and decides he wants my stuff he's going to get it... My Viper 5901 will only deter amatures and notify me that something is going down...

I'm 6'-4" and have to be within 2-3' of my truck to see the box so unless you're parked next to me you're not going to see it unless you're looking through my stuff.

This is my first truck system and I didn't like my options with under the rear seat subs... I'm used to having a trunk to hide everything in.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:20 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt gsxr View Post
That giant box is only temporary. It had been 6 months since I had bass and I was going crazy! Here in the next few months I am building a custom down firing center console, if I can figure it out I want to mount the flip up arm rest onto the box...

As for "drawing attention" sorry but that's a load. If someone hears me, or looks through my windows and decides he wants my stuff he's going to get it... My Viper 5901 will only deter amatures and notify me that something is going down...

I'm 6'-4" and have to be within 2-3' of my truck to see the box so unless you're parked next to me you're not going to see it unless you're looking through my stuff.

This is my first truck system and I didn't like my options with under the rear seat subs... I'm used to having a trunk to hide everything in.
Sorry to say this but i had a viper on my car and they shimmied underneath and cut the battery cable no battery no alarm and like i said crooks are smart they might hear you thumping follow you look in your window say when you park see the amp and bass box sitting there and then find you later and take it. Never said it was a bad thing just said with it just sitting there its asking for trouble.And ya i hear ya about trying to hide it i have a 2 door and i got no place to put crap lol you know they make subs and boxes that go under your rear seat
Old 11-28-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgert View Post
they might hear you thumping follow you look in your window say when you park see the amp and bass box sitting there and then find you later and take it. Never said it was a bad thing just said with it just sitting there its asking for trouble.And ya i hear ya about trying to hide it i have a 2 door and i got no place to put crap lol you know they make subs and boxes that go under your rear seat
The first part has already happened to me... thats why I said if they want it, they're going to get it....

I didn't like the under the seat sub boxes... and my amp will be relocated under the seat very soon...
Old 11-28-2011, 09:58 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt gsxr View Post
The first part has already happened to me... thats why I said if they want it, they're going to get it....

I didn't like the under the seat sub boxes... and my amp will be relocated under the seat very soon...
Just do what ricky booby did get a mountain lion keep him in the truck lol
Old 05-28-2012, 12:39 AM

Finally got started on this build....

Back from HD (first trip) acquired a Ryobi plunge router for $99, 10 piece bit set for like $37 and 4 clamps @ $12 each... ended up spending $230 on trip 1.

First baffle cut, test fit... Beautiful!

No table saw, so using my OLD Skil saw (didn't realize how dull the blade was)... good thing for belt sanders

Broke my cheap Ryobi 1/4" cut bit.. afterwards realized I was turning the router the wrong direction... back to HD for 2 more bits.. $37

Speaker holes cut in baffles

Gluing up and end of progress for the night....

I'll get the sides, top and front piece cut and glued tomorrow... ordered my 3" port this morning, it will be here wednesday...

Now i just have to figure out how I want to complete the compartment at the front... really want to hide my aux cable in there, some cup holders in the lid and for it to be hinged so I can store stuff in there.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:00 PM

Some more progress today.

Had a set back right off the bat, gluing up the first side panel... I pried too hard on the back panel and broke the glue joint

The brace is just dropped in for now, waiting for the clamps so it can be glued.

The last pic shows the cubby portion of this custom center console. You guys can see where I kinda layed the binding posts... I was thinking of cutting a small hole in the bottom of the cubby portion and putting the binding posts on the wall between the cubby and speaker enclosure... Thoughts? The binding posts are too short to go through the double baffle, but I could use the router to cut out part of the bottom baffle and make an area thin enough to mount them to the bottom, but I need to drop it in the truck and see if I'll have enough clearance

Thoughts? And I'm open to ideas about a lid for the cubby space... the more I look at it instead of a hinged lid maybe a shelf in the bottom with the cup holders cut in it and a shelf up high that has a recess in it to hold phone, ipod etc...
Old 05-31-2012, 11:14 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:10
testiclops is on a distinguished road

I just skimmed through the link you posted. Wouldn't having a sub right next to you get annoying? And rattle any type of storage / cup holders incorporated into the box?

My buddy has 2 10s under the back seat in his ram. Girls that sit there start to giggle...if you know what I mean
Old 05-31-2012, 11:27 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Just an FYI for making nice cuts without a table saw, you can mark the line you want to cut, then clamp a 2x4(or something else straight) to the piece you are cutting, offset it the same distance as the offset from the blade to gaurd edge on the circular saw. This allows the guard on the circular saw to follow the 2x4 along the whole cut, making a near perfect cut, just as good as a table saw. I do this all the time because I hate pulling out the table saw, and I feel this is much easier/safer way to cut. If I didn't describe it well let me know and I'll post pictures, as I will be doing it this weekend.

I'm not a big audio guy or anything, and probably wouldn't put subs there either, but it looks like good craftsmanship and a cool project

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:24 AM

it may become annoying to some but not me...