DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-18-2011, 09:27 PM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1178
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

One thought though, especially with 3 kiddo's...is a Mega Cab in your pricerange? Or are you stuck at the 1500 level? Nothing wrong with a CrewCab, but I would make sure to get the RamBox so you dont have to take all the carseats out to lift the seats to get to storage compartments.

I only WISH I had Rambox. I can get ahold of a Rambox bed and convert it to fit on my frame (I have a 6'4" box, rambox only came in 5'7") But i cant figure out how to do it without the bed looking funny.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Sponsored links
Old 07-18-2011, 10:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Crew Cab SLT
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:87
united316 will become famous soon enough

At first I looked at the Tundra but after looking at the inside of the truck I thought it was the fuglyist interior that I had ever seen.

I have a 2011 1500 Crew Cab. in Black Pearlcoat, I also have 3 little ones and a furry one. my kids are 10, 7 and 5. there is more then enough room in the back for them. after our first 5 hr trip the kids told me how much they liked the truck over the old Pacifica we used to have (dont ask Wifes choice and car) I did not do the ram boxes and find that I like the little extra bed space in the corners it makes all the difference when you pack for 5. My father in law has a 09 with ram boxes some times he says he wishes he did not have them.
2011 SLT Crew Cab 4x2, 4.7, 3.55 gears, TruXedo TruXport Soft Roll-Up Dual Latch Tonneau, Westin Black Platinum series oval step bars, Aeroskin Hood Protector, Ventvisors In-channel smoke , Husky Liners Front ard Rear Mud Guards, K&N drop in air filter.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:21 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:1266
Stump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud of

I also have three kids 11, 6 and 4 the crew cab has more than enough space for the kids. Throw a tonneau cover on her and you will be set. The entire family loves the ram it has become the family wagon and hands down is the smoothest riding pick up I have ever been in.

Big Red my old 2011 Sport

Enjoy big benefits with a subscription to RamforumZ, become a site supporter today!

Don't forget to upload pics of your Ram in the Gallery!

Great how to's and lets not forget the Rulez.

Old 07-18-2011, 11:10 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram
Trim Level: Sport Crew w/Rambox
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:36
moose3 is on a distinguished road

We are all biased. I really didn't like the black, is is a funny green metallic, by brother in law just bought a black qc, and I strongly dislike it, but thats why mine is Deep Cherry Red! I love the Ram box, but shopping for a Rambox truck is near impossible. They are so few and far between, trust me I bought one 2 months ago, just after they stopped taking orders on 11s.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:18 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge
Trim Level: Sport, SLT Lone Star
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl, Black
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:23
Larry832 is on a distinguished road

Tundra's get horrible mileage and the computers are very very tempramental(sp?), we never got better than 12 mpg and once we put on the cai the dash lit up like a tree...The truck was strong as oak but not worth ll the issues we had, glad to be back in a Dodge .
Old 07-18-2011, 11:18 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:100
LeKy411 will become famous soon enoughLeKy411 will become famous soon enough

Toyota's are over priced, and the styling is a bit outdated. I went through all the trucks at this years Chicago auto show and hopping from one to the other I quickly realized that Toyota was behind in terms of styling, they kept it rugged, but with a premium price. Also as much as I liked the look of the Tundra, the front end is a little bit on the weak side this seemed to be a common complaint in my research when I was looking for a truck.

I like the black, but I think it is a lot of up keep. With kids jumping in and out the truck, I am sure you will get a fair share of scuffs and scratches. I think they would be the most noticeable on black. Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Rep:10
Sly808 is on a distinguished road

I went through the exact same thing when buying my 2011 1500 Sport. I was seriously looking at the Tundra since my previous truck was a Tacoma. I drove both trucks and actually loved both of them. I also thought the Tundra's cockpit was ugly as hell. It looks so dated, like out of the 90's or something. The Ram looks way better. I was also impressed with the overall technology available in the Ram. The UConnect works flawlessly with my iPhone.

I also had hesitations about the Ram's resale value. I got good money for my '02 Tacoma so I know the Toyota has the edge there. But I was also able to get a way better deal on the Ram. I was able to get the Ram box and the lifetime Max warranty for less than the Tundra without anything else. I'm holding on to my next truck for a long time so I felt the resale value wasn't something I needed to worry about so I went with the Ram. I've had it for 3 months now and I'm very happy with it!
Old 07-19-2011, 10:47 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Sport
Rep:10
Raf is on a distinguished road

Wow....yeah, I see we can all relate in all areas, family, utility, comfort, ride, price, etc.

I had no idea the Ram box eats up at bed space. I'm pretty shocked about that. Never really paid that close attention. So glad you guys brought that up. Not a deal breaker by any stretch as you can make a case for or against it.

Resale value seems to be pushed further and further down the priority list. Afterall...I do plan on keeping this vehicle until it's completely out of commission, making it totally null.

Once again, I appreciate all your input fellas. Keep 'em coming. It's great to hear testimonials. The bias is expected so I don't look at that in a bad light. I made a thread over in a Tundra forum also. With that, I look to gather all the feedback together and weigh my options further. Nothing better than to hear it from drivers of respective trucks. I'm also gather the negatives from both and whatever issues owners have found on both trucks also. All in all, it will give me a fantastic balance from a testimonial standpoint.

Lastly, of course, will be the wheeling and dealing with the dealerships.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:41 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crew
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:41
M.Scipione is on a distinguished road

1. Toyota's are ugly, inside and out...
Looks to me like a clump of bubbles.

2. Toyota's are overpriced.

3. BUY AMERICAN.

It always surprises me that people don't consider the importance of buying American, ESPECIALLY when it comes to vehicles.

I have NEVER and will never buy a vehicle made by a foreign company.

(Before you idiots get started yes I am aware of the Mexican engine assembly, but Chrysler is a US based company and they provide thousands of jobs here in the US.)
Old 07-19-2011, 01:04 PM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:1178
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Scipione View Post
1. Toyota's are ugly, inside and out...
Looks to me like a clump of bubbles.

2. Toyota's are overpriced.

3. BUY AMERICAN.

It always surprises me that people don't consider the importance of buying American, ESPECIALLY when it comes to vehicles.

I have NEVER and will never buy a vehicle made by a foreign company.

(Before you idiots get started yes I am aware of the Mexican engine assembly, but Chrysler is a US based company and they provide thousands of jobs here in the US.)
However, that has no basis in fact, because Toyota employs thousands here stateside as well.

Nowadays, Toyota/Honda/Nissan and BMW/Mercedes are as american as the big 3.

Buying vehicles PERIOD stimulates the economy...doesnt really matter which brand anymore.

BTW, if you look around your house, nearly everything you own is probably foreign. Right down to the computer you typed that post on.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...