DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-19-2011, 01:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Sport
Rep:10
Raf is on a distinguished road

That and Tundra is made in the US, in Texas I believe.

I sort of agree with the opinion that the Tundra sort of does look like a clump of bubbles...lol.
Sponsored links
Old 07-19-2011, 01:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

My opinions: The tundra is extremely ugly, almost looks like it's out of terminator movie or something. I've never seen the interior. I think the interior on my ram is way too nice, it's like a cadillac, I wanted plastic dash cloth seats and vinyl floor, but they don't make real trucks anymore so I have to settle for this fancy stuff. I like the interior, but just too much for me. Toyota has had a lot of issues recently, they are not known for building dependable long lasting trucks. For less money, you'll get more truck with the ram. Not to mention more REAL WORLD power and towing capacity (regardless of what the numbers say). Not telling anyone what to do, but I couldn't bear spending that much money on a car, so I bought used and spent under $20,000 for my 2010 (it was 9 months used at the time and in about perfect condition). Saved about $15k off sticker by doing that, maybe 7or8k off what I could've got a new one for. That's $7k into mods if I want...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:28 PM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

I should say my only experience with toyota trucks is my friend that has a tacoma "half ton" pickup. We put his 400lb motorcycle in it and drove a few hours, getting about 10-13mpg hwy and the truck drove like it was overloaded. I looked at the springs they were nearly on the overloads (some half ton huh...). I have put a ton in my s10 half ton pickup with a 4 cylinder and although it struggled it got the job done and without tearing anything up. I also hauled 2 motorcycles (about 400lb each) plus our gear, maybe 1,500lb, me and my buddy from orlando to nashville in the same s10 with over 200,000miles on the clock, no issues, 24mpg. Just my experience with toyota compared to american manufacturers...

Old 07-19-2011, 01:31 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crew
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:41
M.Scipione is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyofOne View Post
However, that has no basis in fact, because Toyota employs thousands here stateside as well.

Nowadays, Toyota/Honda/Nissan and BMW/Mercedes are as american as the big 3.

Buying vehicles PERIOD stimulates the economy...doesnt really matter which brand anymore.

BTW, if you look around your house, nearly everything you own is probably foreign. Right down to the computer you typed that post on.
Your attempt to justify not buying American disgusts me.

Simply put, the profits from the sale of a Toyota go to Tokyo.
The profits from the sale of a Chrysler go to Detroit.

I don't shop at Walmart, and my food comes from the local farmers market.
I am in a CSA for all my produce, and I buy American whenever it is an option.

P.S. Intel is in America too.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:

^^ +1

Sometimes buying american is not an option anymore (whether my truck was made in mexico, or a kia that was made in georgia, at least the money for my truck comes back to my country), I buy american when reasonably possible. For example, I wanted to buy a little charcoal grill, the only ones I could find that are cheapo's were about $15 and all foreign made, the cheapest american made one I believe was a weber and near $100...that's not reasonable. Also when purchasing my television, couldn't find one made here, maybe there are none. I constantly check the packaging for its origin, everyone should!

Old 07-19-2011, 03:38 PM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1178
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Scipione View Post

Really? You preach to me about buying or not buying american? Its a matter of choice. I fought for my freedom of choice. I will exercise it as I see fit.

I bought a Ram didnt I?

I am glad your food comes from a farmers market. Mine comes from the Commissary on the military base. I have no idea (nor do I care) what a CSA is.

And Intel might be american, but last I checked, Intel does not make computers. So you are looking at a Toshiba, or whatever the case may be...unless you are on an Apple computer, it is not 100% american. Nothing is anymore.
Say what you want, I dont really care. If my "so-called" attempt to justify not buying american disgusts you then dont ****ing read it guy. I did not attempt to justify anything...just stated a fact.

And oh, BTW, your lack of respect and insult towards me shows me the true type of person you really are.

"RAWR Bah Americun! They took ower jobs!" You old fashioned types need to get with the program. I am as country as the next guy, but you have to realize there is more to making your choices than the brand. Over half the components in a Ram are outsourced made by different companies (MOSTLY JAPANESE AND CHINESE) outside the US. They might be a US based company, but what difference does that make if some of the profits go to toshiba, or denso for making that one component.

Your way of thinking is severly outdated, and you will see it soon enough. Afraid of change? Too bad. Change is scary, but get on board or you're going to get run you over with the damned bus. Like it or not its a GLOBAL economy and there is nothing you can do about it.

Come to think of it, this thread disgusts me. OP you have my take on it, The ram gets my vote, simply for value for money. Dont let the hijacking get in the way of the reason for the thread.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Last edited by ArmyofOne; 07-19-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:50 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:100
LeKy411 will become famous soon enoughLeKy411 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Scipione View Post

The simple fact that you are using a computer monitor or even any sort of TV in your home negates the fact that you only buy American. Along with modems and the majority of those fine products you plug into the wall. As mentioned before buying "American" isn't always an option as many of the "American" companies have closed down because they cannot compete with new technology produced in Japan. Hence why RCA and Zenith don't make those flat screen TV's we all love.

Although Intel is American everything that goes into your MoBo is made in China. I personally don't care if it is American or Japanese as long as it is built well for the money, hence what the gentleman was trying to say before you attacked him. I wouldn't buy a Ram if it was a POS just because its "American" and I would not shop at the farmers market if their produce was old and nasty.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:18 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Custom
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:1648
dodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant future

Keep it civil folks......

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD.....lightly modded

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 #3560.....lightly modded
2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon....lightly modded (yeah right, it's a Jeep!)
2010 Jeep GC SRT-8.....lightly modded
Old 07-19-2011, 04:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Sport
Color: Deep Cherry Red Pearl
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
BassRam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeKy411 View Post
The simple fact that you are using a computer monitor or even any sort of TV in your home negates the fact that you only buy American. Along with modems and the majority of those fine products you plug into the wall. As mentioned before buying "American" isn't always an option as many of the "American" companies have closed down because they cannot compete with new technology produced in Japan. Hence why RCA and Zenith don't make those flat screen TV's we all love.

Although Intel is American everything that goes into your MoBo is made in China. I personally don't care if it is American or Japanese as long as it is built well for the money, hence what the gentleman was trying to say before you attacked him. I wouldn't buy a Ram if it was a POS just because its "American" and I would not shop at the farmers market if their produce was old and nasty.
On 11 April 2011, Fiat increased its share in Chrysler to 30% when the second of three performance objectives was achieved.[27] Fiat S.p.A. reported on 24 May 2011 that Fiat used US$ 1,268 million to increase its stake to 46%, following the refinancing of Chrysler’s debt to the U.S. and Canadian governments.[28] On 25 May autonews.com reported that Fiat could buy government stakes in Chrysler as soon as the end of July 2011, increasing its total stake to 54%.[29]
On May 2011 was also revealled that Fiat can actually increase its stake in the Chrysler Group to more than 70 percent using further options.[30]

Fiat an Italian Automobile Factory

Last edited by BassRam; 07-19-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:31 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crew
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:41
M.Scipione is on a distinguished road

yeah i must be old fashioned and out of touch.

2 pages into a discussion about the pros cons between toyota and dodge and noone mentioned buying American as a reason to choose dodge.

It's no wonder the country has gone the way it has.