DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-18-2011, 01:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram SS/T
Trim Level: SS/T
Color: Emerald Green/Silver
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:15
Nine8SST is on a distinguished road
Default Drunk Driving!

Just got out of the hospital after spending 4 days there. I was out for a ride with my dad and brother on Thursday evening, around the same time some selfish, idiotic sob decided to get behind the wheel after drinking. Darshaun, is his name, was cutting through the Taco Bell (N 26Th. and Pearl if you know the area) parking lot and sped out of the driveway to the main road and slammed into me and my bike. Fortunately my pops and brother didnt get it, but me and my motorcycle are pretty effed up. Darshaun, the idiot, had no insurance so I get to absorb all of this financially, and I'm already a struggling single dad as it is. As you can imagine I am extremely pissed off, but I am thankful that I will still be around for my daughter for a while. And, I am so grateful my sister is gonna stay at my house for a while and help out with my daughter's daily needs, and make sure she gets to her therapy appointments and whatnot. I will have to struggle for a while, but at least I gat to live another day and there is one more drunk off the streets.
Oh and the douchebag that hit me didnt get a scratch, but I suppose he will be in jail for a while.
So, I spent close to 5 and a half hours in surgery, I was given some donor blood but I dont remember how much she said it was. My right leg is broken in 7 places(including 3 right below the knee where it was pretty mangled. My right foot was broken in a few spots as well. Oh, and my left elbow was pretty scraped up but not broken or anything. Doctor said there is close to 7 pounds of metal and hardware in me now, he is gonna give me some cool xray pics next time I see him. Here are a couple pics I snapped with my cell phone when they were changing the dressing the day before yesterday, and the one of my foot that the nurse let me snap a pic of.....LOL I thought the screws looked pretty wicked.

***WARNING*** Do NOT scroll down if you have a weak stomache or if the sight of blood grosses you out.

>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>

>>>>>

>>>>

>>>

>>

>

Sponsored links
Old 07-18-2011, 01:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 93'250,01'1500(RIP),02'1500
Trim Level: Le,SLT,SLT
Color: White, Blue, Silver
Rep:14
Encratic is on a distinguished road

Ouch... good to have you still here with us. Keep us posted on recovery. Hope its painless and fast. Had a friend in past year die to drunk teens. Sadly he was just in the car with the drunk driver. I dont understand the mindset they have.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:48 PM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1178
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

So not worth it to drive drunk. I hope that ******* gets whats coming to him, if you know what I mean.

Sorry to hear about this ordeal. If you need anything, dont hesitate to ask.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Old 07-18-2011, 01:53 PM

Thanks for all the well wishes guys. I'm not "exactly" sure whats gonna happen as of yet. I know the dumbass is in jail right now, State Farm called my mom Saturday to let her know I have personal Injury Protection for my entire policy so basically they will pay my medical bills and then sue him. As far as my bike, its a 99 Harley FXSTB, I dont have comprehensive coverage on it. But it may be covered under my uninsured motorist because the loss was caused during the comission of a crime.....so things are just kinda up in the air right now. I may call my lawyer in the next few days when I'm not so drugged up to see what he advises. I have been with the same insurance company for a long time though, so hopefully that counts for something.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:11 PM
US Army Retired

ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

I am right local to you, I deploy VERY soon, but if you need anything...send me a PM.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Old 07-18-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyofOne View Post
I am right local to you, I deploy VERY soon, but if you need anything...send me a PM.

Thats awesome man, thanks so much for sticking your hand out.....be safe when you deploy ok!!! You probably know the driveway im talking about, on Pearl Street between Taco Bell and Key Bank......
Old 07-18-2011, 02:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 RAM R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:60
stangallmotor will become famous soon enough

Sad to hear, what a dam idiot. I know a few people who have many DUI's and one is in prison right now for his 5th DUI at the young age of 23. I swear they are dumber then a door knob. Good luck man I hope you get tooken care of!
Old 07-18-2011, 04:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 4x4 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Water Blue
Rep:584
yamifz1 is a name known to allyamifz1 is a name known to allyamifz1 is a name known to allyamifz1 is a name known to allyamifz1 is a name known to allyamifz1 is a name known to all

Really sorry to hear of your bad news, hopefully he will do some time and things will work out in your favor. Hope you have a speedy recovery. Take care.

Kick the tires and light the fires!!!
14" Magnaflow, Extang Tonneau cover, Vararam CAI, Line X bed liner,Vent visors, Shorty antenna,fuel door cover, Tinted tail and 3rd brake light, rally stripes, LEDs inside and out.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum - Dodge Truck Forum - Dodge Ram Club

Vehicle: SRT-10
Color: Red
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:434
Quiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enough

Ow man hope everything works out for you and your family
Old 07-18-2011, 06:59 PM
US Army Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8SST View Post
Thats awesome man, thanks so much for sticking your hand out.....be safe when you deploy ok!!! You probably know the driveway im talking about, on Pearl Street between Taco Bell and Key Bank......
Yes, I know exactly where you are talking about. It was right there? That Suuuuuuuucks.

On a side note (not that its important, but...) I am assuming the bike is totalled? I dont know alot about bikes, except that it doesnt take much.