DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 2ND Generation Dodge Ram 1994 to 2001 Dodge Ram Trucks > Powertrain > 5.9L V8 Specific Topics

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-18-2011, 09:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2001 dodge ram 1500 slt 4x4
Trim Level: Slt
Color: blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:10
chawk is on a distinguished road
Default Hho

i was wondering if anyone has seen the HHO that people are trying out if you don't know what it is you can go to youtube and type in HHO for $20
Sponsored links
Old 07-18-2011, 10:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Inferno Red Pearl
Rep:743
RedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to behold

Never heard of it - heading there now.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:35 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2001 dodge ram 1500 slt 4x4
Trim Level: Slt
Color: blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
chawk is on a distinguished road

yeah i guess these guys are creating hydrogen out of water through electrolisis its a really cool concept.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: OutDoorsman
Color: Silver/Dark Gray
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
JAMS RAM is on a distinguished road

Well, to start I am not advertising here simple responding. I know of one companies equipment and not sure if mentioning it here will break rules so please let me know. HHO is out there and yes it usually is produced via electrolysis. The units have come along way since I started with them and through my experience I have noticed two usuall outcomes. On gas powered enigines it really depends on the engine management system wether or not you will see an increase in fuel economy. Some vehicles software will except the addition and continue to run on the factory settings which in turn will allow for an increase in mpg. Other software will simply get confused with the new readings and go into an open loop pattern which increases fuel consumption thus eliminating any improved fuel economy. Diesels are more receptive and on older models I have personally seen increases as high as 40%. I will be installing a unit on the new HEMI in conjunction with a computer enhancement which should allow the engine management system to accept the new readings and hopefully intern allow the HHO to do it's job without back pedaling. It seems to date that the more the computer controls the motor, ie. Fuel injection and such the more of a hurdle there is to get over. All vehicles seem to have improved throttle response, smother engine performance and much cleaner emissions. I have about 5 and a half years in the industry and the biggest improvement to date seems to be with the Electrolyte Solutions used which directly effects the generators out put and longevity of the solution before it needs to be replaced with a fresh batch. Average service intervals have been increase dramatically from serval hundred miles to several thousand miles before the Electrolyte needs to be replaced. One issue all systems must deal with is the ambient air temp. The warmer the climate the higher the temp the gen will run at and the high the out put. Cold winter climates will require a high level of insulation to help the gen maintain an optimal running temp, around 100f. The opposite occurs when running in hot climates. Keeping the unit around the magic 100f will be a little more difficult as cooling issues arise. These are usually addressed via a simple trans cooler which acts as a radiator cooling the Electrolyte Solution as air passes through the cooler. I have the distribution rights for New York state for one of the leaders in this evolving industry and if allowed to share I will be happy to list the manufactures company here.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1443
916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of

My buddy is putting a 600 dollar kit into his Honda Ridgeline in a week or so. I will try to see what it does for him...I was curious about this for the Ram too, but have since abandoned that idea for go fast / waste gas parts instead! His Ridgeline is a 2010...so bright new shiny vehicle with all the same computer stuff as any other newer car.