DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-02-2011, 10:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport 1500 True Blue
Rep:91
nikeman will become famous soon enough

Hey guys... I made my disc using this file and when I started the process all it did was update my garmin maps which took maybe 2 minutes and it did not add the travel link at all. Once it did the map update it left the radio on and at the NAV screen.. I waited about 5 minutes to see if it would go on to do the rest of the updates out of order of the directions or something but nothing ever happened. I tried a second time and nothing at all happened then. Of course, nothing ever goes as smooth for me as it should so I was not expecting any different this time and I was right. What in the world could I be doing wrong when all I am supposed to do is push ok during the process....

Heres the link that someone made off of there original CD that sirius sent them...
http://www.mediafire.com/?fx6hx7eae1zys5p
Sponsored links
Old 08-02-2011, 11:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:103
TerryH will become famous soon enoughTerryH will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeman View Post
Ok, I made my own disc now. Did you guys leave the truck on or just let it update run with the key to on but truck off? I don't want to let my truck run for 20 mins and not go anywhere and I don't want to kill my battery either...

I did mine with the truck just on accessory. Worked just fine. I now have Travel Link on my RHB 430N!!!! Very cool little program. Saved me a little change when I got gas today plus I got the ski conditions in Wisconsin.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Color: Cherry
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Maleki is on a distinguished road

Mine took a while to kick into the second set of updates, It took so long i thought it was done and sat there listening to the radio playing with the new nav.... Then it all of a sudden asked me if I wanted to do the hard drive update. Try giving it some more time and see what happens... I must have been sitting there for 10 minutes while messing around
Old 08-02-2011, 11:50 PM

did you get the disc from sirius or make your own? I bought my truck back in May and have yet to get a CD from anyone... I did get the free oil change coupon in the mail from my dealer about a month ago but that's about it.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleki View Post
Mine took a while to kick into the second set of updates, It took so long i thought it was done and sat there listening to the radio playing with the new nav.... Then it all of a sudden asked me if I wanted to do the hard drive update. Try giving it some more time and see what happens... I must have been sitting there for 10 minutes while messing around

Did yours update the maps first? Judging by the instructions its supposed to do that after the travel link update... Maybe I didn't wait long enough and I have already thrown that CD in the trash!! lol

I can make it again but I don't want to waist any more blank CD's but if yours updated the garmin stuff first then I will def. try it again tomorrow!!
Old 08-03-2011, 11:03 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Color: Cherry
Maleki is on a distinguished road

I think it did the navigation portion first, I remember the color scheme changing for the "NAV" button. I made my own CD from a previous mediafire link. I'm pretty sure it's the same one you used. Try it again, there a chance that maybe you had a bad burn... I've read that if you burn any faster then like 4x or 8x people were having issues with it. Try burning slower when you re-do it. Good luck!

EDIT:

I double checked your link and that is the same link i used to update mine...
Also... I'm not sure if I misread, but it sounded like you were checkin for travel link in the Nav menu and it's actually in the regular main menu of the radio.. Kinda a weird place to put it but at least it functions!

Last edited by Maleki; 08-03-2011 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Added Info
Old 08-03-2011, 09:34 PM

I just burnt a new disc to try again and its doing what it did after I tried again with the original disc. It says "Reading Files Please wait" or something like that and then it says PND Update Error. How did you guys burn the disc? I am using Img Burn at 2.5X speed. Is there a better way? Did I mess it up by just updating the maps the first time? I am letting it run now for a while and i'm about to go get some food so I will see if anything happens between now and then but I am doubtful. Looks like another dealer run for me... I swear if it wasn't for bad luck i'd have no luck at all.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Black
Rep:11
riggz is on a distinguished road

ok, after you get back and it still hasn't updated, try ejecting the CD and close the face, making sure the unit is off, then re-load the CD and see if it will try to pick up where it left off.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:57 PM

I have tried it several times now with the same thing happening. PND Update Failed

Today I called sirius and of course talking to them is like talking to a brick wall. I told them what car I had and gave them my radio ID number and told them what I wanted. The lady said "your dealer was supposed to give you a disc to add travel link". I told her that I knew that and that was why I was calling because I did not get a disc and my dealer did not know anything about it. She then said "your dealer was supposed to give you a disc". I again said that I knew that but I did not get one! Then before she could say that again I cut her off and said that I borrowed a disc from someone else who has the same radio (the one I made) and when I tried to do the update all I get is that error message. She said "sir, your dealer was supposed to give you a disc" at which point I hung up.. I then went to 2 dealer ships today and one of them had no idea and told me to call sirius about it but of course I already knew how that would go so I didn't bother and just went all the way to the dealer I bought the truck from. They didn't know anything either and were persistent that ONLY THE 730N Radio can have that. I told them that wasn't true but they looked at me like I was crazy, so I asked them to call there sirius rep and ask him about it. They said they would call him and give me a call back so I guess I will wait and see.

Anyway, how can I prove to these guys that the 430N radio CAN INFACT have travel link and should have it for 1 year? I told my dealer about how I tried to update it with another disc and all I got was an error every time and of course they told me it was because I don't have the software for it... Someone please help me out here! I need to some how prove to these guys that I should have it so I can get what I am supposed to have had from day one for one year.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Black
keldrick1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to keldrick1

@ Nikeman: You should go sign up with Dodge as a new owner. They have all the info on their owner's website. Hope this helps. I have the 730N unit and it clearly shows an iPhone 4 update available for my vehicle. You can also go to the owner's website and enter your VIN and see if it shows up as a recall.