DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Body & Interior

Notices

Body & Interior 4th Gen Dodge Ram Body & Interior Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-22-2011, 10:12 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
ramrod2185 is on a distinguished road
Angry Rear window leaking

it rained last night, when i got into my truck this morning took off about 2 cups of water dumped into my rear seat thru the back window. like the water track ways funneling the water right into my cab. as if the window wasnt even sealed.. anyone else had this issue?

that combined with it not always starting properly, the recall makes me thing all the rumos about dodge are true and i might hava bought the wrong vehicle
Sponsored links
Old 07-22-2011, 10:55 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

just got the call my truck was gun.. the top seal on back window was non existant.. thsi really pisses me off >:/
Old 07-22-2011, 10:58 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Sounds like warranty issue....

My 3rd brake light was leaking, I just got it fixed last weekend, I have a write up I did on this site on how I fixed it. I was getting water at both rear corners of the cab at the very corners of the headliner. Not sure if this is the same issue you are having. I've also heard the sliding rear window can be shimmed or adjusted better to keep water out of the bottom slider track.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:28
Nimz is on a distinguished road

I didn't make light of this issue on mine either when a Chrysler rep called me about a week after I drove mine off the lot.

I was done power washing it and opened the rear doors and noticed some had gotten inside too. She took down the issue and responded really well to whatever I had to gripe about.
DiabloSport Trinity Custom 89 Octane Tune by Hemifever. Magnaflow Catback Exhaust #16869 & Y-Pipe #10778. K&N 63 Series CAI. Moe's Performance 87mm Ported TB.
Billstein 5100s front & rear, 2.1".
Tinted windows. RhinoLiner. WeatherTech digital floor mats.
Allgig installed to RBZ & backup camera.
Debadged dealer markings. Color-matched interior bezels, rain guards, tail lights & 3rd brake light, & front & rear emblems painted blue.
Color-matched Bushwhacker Pocket Style Fender Flares.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:59 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
Sounds like warranty issue....

My 3rd brake light was leaking, I just got it fixed last weekend, I have a write up I did on this site on how I fixed it. I was getting water at both rear corners of the cab at the very corners of the headliner. Not sure if this is the same issue you are having. I've also heard the sliding rear window can be shimmed or adjusted better to keep water out of the bottom slider track.
the exact issue i had the rear corners of headliner. it was warrnt coverd it. they said they fixed it and water checked it.. didnt think to look at the bedlight how would i know if that is where it was leaking!?
Old 07-22-2011, 12:47 PM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Here's a link to what I did to fix mine:

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread....highlight=leak

Some others have used silicone to seal the lens. I didn't want to do that because I didn't want it "glued" to the cab, I wanted to be able to remove it when necessary. The dealer probably used silicone and did a crappy job.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 1500 Sport Crew 4X4
Trim Level: SPORT 4X4
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Bootz is on a distinguished road
Cool Leaks at the corners of the cab...

OK maybe my luck is just for chit BUT my 5 day old Sport Crew 4X4 leaked in the corner rear cab, the dealer told me there are issues with the 3rd tailight, ACTUALLY, thats the cover story, the leaks are from the roof seam, under the rubber strip running the length of the cab roof.
MAKE SURE you drop the headliner and sanitize the topside or you will grow mold, ALSO the water channels all the way to the front check the front carpet just below the dash and along the door edge, if its wet you need to pull up the rubber strip and shampoo and DRY the floor and carpet or it will grow mold. Lastly due to leaking roof, the hinges on the rear seats are rusting already!!!

Force them to re-seal BOTH seams in the roof, not just one, otherwise you'll regret it!

ya know this just sucks, my truck 5 days old and I only had it 2 days, cant wait to git r back
Old 08-10-2011, 10:24 PM

Not everyone has the roof seam leaks. They seem to be less common, the 3rd brake light leak seems to be very common...I fixed my 3rd brake light leak and haven't found a drop in the cab, front or back....I'm convinced mine is fixed. I also didn't drop the liner to dry thoroughly, I doubt I'll get mold, it gets air in there, for the little water I had coming in it should have dried out fine...If I start to smell something or notice it there, I'll drop it and clean up....

Old 08-10-2011, 10:53 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2463
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

That sucks man, I hope they get it all fixed up properly for you.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:05 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 1500 Sport Crew 4X4
Trim Level: SPORT 4X4
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Bootz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
Not everyone has the roof seam leaks. They seem to be less common, the 3rd brake light leak seems to be very common...I fixed my 3rd brake light leak and haven't found a drop in the cab, front or back....I'm convinced mine is fixed. I also didn't drop the liner to dry thoroughly, I doubt I'll get mold, it gets air in there, for the little water I had coming in it should have dried out fine...If I start to smell something or notice it there, I'll drop it and clean up....
You may be right that the seam issue is far less common. I am somewhat jaded on the issue. My wife and I bought a Grand Caravan new in 2004, and we had the same problem. After 3 trips to the dealership they finally relented and checked the seam, there it was, only problem left was they ended up replacing the headliner and carpet, we we're without the van for over a month. We kept that van for about 3 yrs.

So I return to a Dodge and this is my experience now with my Ram. It's very disappointing! Ya know my friends and co-workers are all praising how nice it is and 'it;s a great truck' and 2 days later I have to explain why its in the shop,...it would make me think twice about buying a Dodge especially at 40K.

I wish you well with your ride and hope you don't have any lingering issues due to prior leaks!!!