Volts to vent blend motors - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum
DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum > LD RAM - Ram 1500 Forum > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!

Old 09-10-2017, 02:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Hommit is on a distinguished road
Default Volts to vent blend motors

So I've got my dash apart, started the truck, alternated the selector switch from feet only to defrost and no movement observed in the blend motors. Flaps do have good stop and at least now I can get my window cleared up humid weather but who wants to drive around with no console

Verified that the motor gears are in good condition, verified with a 12v source that the motors do travel forward and backwards. However when I check for 12V off the 2 connector switches when switching from feet to defrost, I get only flashes dc power, nothing observed above 2v and that was only for a half second.

Where would my next step go? Selector switch itself? Is there another relay somewhere? Anyone already dealt with my problem

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2017, 03:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2016 Ram Ecodiesel 2 whl drive
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2964
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

The Climate Control used in the Rams have changed very little in the last 10 years

There is a website called Heater Treater Dodge
They troubleshoot the system & show with images what they are checking
They also have 3 long videos on the system

YouTube has several videos also
Old 09-10-2017, 08:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Hommit is on a distinguished road

I had came across the Heatertreater site but didn't go thru it as I knew the flaps were in working condition. Went back per you response and found the columns about the motors, thanks. Put the motors back in for more testing now both motors were responding to the controls however it was switching from defrost to dash on its own until the computer said no more and that motor stopped. Pulled the motors again for one last inspection put them back in and now all is fine. I'm leaning towards a bad spot in the dc motor much like when you need to do the "tap the starter trick on some cars " inspecting the motors around must have freed it up.

Every time I go the net for figuring out problems I cant help but wonder how people who don't have any troubleshooting skills (not that mine are great, but if its broke cant make it any worse, well maybe) get taken to town on repair cost by the people who know better.

Old 09-16-2017, 02:46 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: SLT, Big Horn
Color: Black Pearl coat
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:276
Ramzaq is a jewel in the roughRamzaq is a jewel in the roughRamzaq is a jewel in the rough

I haven't monitored the voltage myself but wondering if they don't use pulse DC for the motors. It would be easier to control the motor going to far and stripping the gears.

Which motor/actuator are you checking? If you have the center stack apart and cup holder out you will see 2 motors. Normally it is the lower center motor that is bad and will give you the problem you have.

Check the other motors that are working and see if they are the same. Check the one between the glove box and radio, Temp/control motor. It is easily accessible. Reading pulse voltage can be difficult unless you use a deflection meter or high end digital meter, you may just be seeing the pulse and not the actual voltage.

It is also a possibility the front control unit is bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement