DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-08-2011, 01:07 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:20
TimsHemi is on a distinguished road

The things I hated about my truck I remedied or tolerate.

1. the low height and the "rake" (added lift and Suspenion Maxx leveling kit)
2. Tires (replaced them with lift)
3. MDS (eh I can live with it or turn it of)
4. Already replaced both bumpers (rusted)
5. seatbelt noise (simple fix)
6. I now have a truck payment again (self induced issue)

After personalizing it some I am really starting to love this truck!!
Sponsored links
Old 09-08-2011, 11:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
myfoot is on a distinguished road

Here's my list after one year of ownership of my Black 2010 CC Sport 4WD. All are QC or choice of materials issues. Total miles to date only 8,200.

1. Junk in paint, every time I wash and wax I notice more flaws.

2. Window glass flaws (debris embedded in the glass) on driver's side edge. Trip to dealer was a waste of MY time.

3. WAVY WINDOW GLASS!! The rear Quad Cab windows are incredibly wavy...why? Again, dealer just wasting MY time "they are all like that"..but WHY?. This is something you will not notice in a large open lot such as dealership. It is most obvious with reflections from trees buildings or overhead wires. It just screams low buck supplier.

4. Window felts collect trash. All that trash (pine needles, seeds, dirt) ends up inside the door when lowered. The sounds the pass. window makes right now when lowered is like fingernails on a chalkboard! I'll have to clean it out when and if it ever stops raining otherwise the glass will be scratched.

5. Console chrome glare, visor glare (sun visors too short at hinge side) and the old pass. seat belt rattle at times.

6. Chrome Clad Wheels pitting, nice wheel, but cheaply finished, again low buck supplier. Pitting after ONE year, really?

7. Exhaust rattle at 40 +/- mph, under slight load, sound like it's touching the body? For now just turning up the tunes.

8. Transmission surge (at times) when shifting from park to drive and yes I have my foot fully depressed on the brake. The truck lurches forward. While on the tranny, it bangs at times when down shifting to pass at highway speeds.
Another annoying thing is the chugging (surging) when rolling to a red light when the truck is cold....torque converter?

9. Thin ass sheet metal, I have a dimple on my hood from oak tree acorns, a shallow dent from my hand assisting in closing the hood and I am deathly afraid to park anywhere near someone in a parking lot.

10. Blower motor fan noise (ticking on low), again low buck supplier. And the blower direction (dashboad design) on the windshild glass has a dead spot right smack in the center of the driver's view when frosted. Real cold days I go no where until the truck's fully warmed up...can't see!

11. Bad lifter tick upon start up after truck is moved in driveway. Example, truck is cold your blocking someone in, you back out of the driveway...pull back in and shut it off. Next time you fire it up LOUD ticking for 3-5 seconds.....drives me nuts, again why?

In closing I will have the dealer address some of these issues, but over the years I have come to realize the dealer can "create" as many issues as they fix... i.e. trade one problem for another.
If you have any suggestions as to "fix" anyone if the above issues....thanks in advance.

Lastly,The 4th Gen Ram is by far the BEST "looking" truck out there inside and out!

When comparing to say a new GMC Sierra (what I had prevoius) the GM trucks seem unfinished or underfinished. The GM interiors are cheap and dated. Yes, some don't like the Ram's rear coils, but atleast Dodge put a wheel well liners inside the bed to keep salt and debris away from the suspension, my 2000 Sierra's rear suspension was rotting away after just 5 years of NJ winters.The interior of the GM trucks at the same price point as my Ram seemed entry level. Again, I got 390hp, 20" wheels, dual exhaust, four real doors (hated the sucide doors) and a kick ass looking truck for the same price as a middle to low end GM truck.

If Dodge / Chrysler can EVER improve quality.... consistantly, this truck would be the "total package". For having to deal with these QC design issues.... it's just okay..... and that's a shame!

Thanks for hearing me out.
Steve
Old 09-09-2011, 12:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:39
Porter_ is on a distinguished road

Well worded and rationally thought-out write up Steve. I'll be curious to see if I run into some of the same issues as my truck accumulates miles (currently at 1800). Thanks for your thoughts.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:10 AM

Vehicle: 2010 ram quadcab
Trim Level: slt,big horn,bucket
Color: black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:22
vided is on a distinguished road

1-the head rests
2-the head rests
3-the head rests
Old 09-09-2011, 03:44 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn 4x4 Crew
Color: Austin Tan Pearl
Rep:28
bgerard is on a distinguished road

Seriously, no coin holder for pennies? They're the ones I can't keep corralled...
Old 09-10-2011, 01:02 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Brillant Black/Silver
Leviathan is on a distinguished road

Wow. I am generally really happy with mine. What is the problem with the headrests? Mine are comfortable (I'm 6'4", does that matter?)

Complaints I do have:
1. Child seat install. Just stupid. For a truck that has 10 airbags or whatever you would think that they would put some thought into properly retaining a child seat.
2. Center console chrome. I fixed that though. Plasti-dip is awesome.
3. Not a fan of the front rake. It is on my list.
4. Why even offer a 4X4 without a locking differential? Fixed that with Lock-rights.
5. Not terribly impressed with the RER. But for a factory radio it is ok.
6. Speed governor @ 105. Boo.

I have not had the quality issues that many of you are mentioning. I love this truck overall.

Last edited by Leviathan; 09-10-2011 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Forgot the speed limiter.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:48 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
sottis is on a distinguished road

fixing the head rests is a simple issue using a vise - there's a write-up in another thread that someone posted that details it and it worked great for me. and yes, Leviathan, being 6-4 the factory headrest position should be just right for you. for those vertically challenged (I'm 5-10) it's quite annoying.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:24 PM
Old & glad of it.

Vehicle: 2006 RAM 3500; 2010 RAM 1500
Color: Black 2 tone grey
Rep:48
rsg1963 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sottis View Post
fixing the head rests is a simple issue using a vise - there's a write-up in another thread that someone posted that details it and it worked great for me. and yes, Leviathan, being 6-4 the factory headrest position should be just right for you. for those vertically challenged (I'm 5-10) it's quite annoying.
True, I just fixed both of them using my vise. Waaaaay more shoulder input than I thought. I am 6' 1" and 230 pounds and holy crap it took some serious english to get them where I wanted them. Wife is way happier when she puts the rear seat down to nap. And the drivers position no longer feels like Nascar safery rules are in effect.

RAM Pickup: 2010 1500 Laramie Hemi: Magtec Rear Diff cover/AmsOil 75w-110 Syn, 24" Magnaflow, Resonator delete, Line-X; Bilstein shocks with leveling kit 2.75";305/60-20 GY Wrangler Silent Armor Pro Grades; Lift Air Bag Suspension;
RAM Truck: 2006 3500 ST Cummins:Line-X; Leveling Kit 2" with Edelbrock shocks; Ultra Custom rims w/ 265/70-17 Goodyear Silent Armor Pro Grade; Backup Camera/NAV/DVD video/Reese 24K 5th wheel hitch; RDS 51 Gal tank/toolbox; Banks:CAI, MonsterRam 3.5",Monster Exhaust;Pac Brake Prxb.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
BigGreen13 is on a distinguished road

I don't like the tranny issues in the 90s but thats the body style I love! lol
Old 09-10-2011, 07:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:249
CHVYKLR has a spectacular aura aboutCHVYKLR has a spectacular aura aboutCHVYKLR has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sottis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsg1963 View Post
True, I just fixed both of them using my vise. Waaaaay more shoulder input than I thought. I am 6' 1" and 230 pounds and holy crap it took some serious english to get them where I wanted them. Wife is way happier when she puts the rear seat down to nap. And the drivers position no longer feels like Nascar safery rules are in effect.
I'm interested to know more if anyone could post a link or provide a little more detail.

rsg - do you have any pics?

Stage 2 is underway