DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 3500
Trim Level: Slt outdoorsman
Color: Blue
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
lextorhazzen is on a distinguished road

there is no place to put my spare sunglasses the cab of that truck is huge the overhead console is also huge yet there is no compartment for anything. I traded off a 2010 tundra (nice truck poop mpg) it had compartments everywhere enough room even for all my wifes junk and 20 packages of clean x . but the dodge which i love has no sunglass holder dang it
Sponsored links
Old 09-11-2011, 07:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Austin Tan Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Holleywud is on a distinguished road

I agree about the hassle of putting on car seats. In a crew cab its almost impossible to hook up the upper mounts. The damned wiper blades SUCK! $40k and we get shitty wiper blades? Come on! The oil filter location sucks too. Drains right onto the rack boot on the passenger side. Other than that, I love my truck. Just turned 1 year old last month.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Rugged Brown Pearl
amorelimos is on a distinguished road

Well I have noticed slot of chips in the paint(rugged brown pearl). I do not like the noise the housing around the steering colum makes when u use your turn signal. The passenger seat belt buckle makes noise if not turned in the right position and the materials around cup holders, that flat black material is very cheap. The last thing is the slosh in the gas tank that occurs when u have about 3/4 of a tank , when u bring the truck to a dead stop about a second after your stopped u feel like somebody is hitting u from the back or the trans is downshifting late the dealership told me because of the type of gas tank that I have it's the slosh effect because dodge took the baffles out of the tank for 2010.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:249
CHVYKLR has a spectacular aura aboutCHVYKLR has a spectacular aura aboutCHVYKLR has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorelimos View Post
Well I have noticed slot of chips in the paint(rugged brown pearl). I do not like the noise the housing around the steering colum makes when u use your turn signal. The passenger seat belt buckle makes noise if not turned in the right position and the materials around cup holders, that flat black material is very cheap. The last thing is the slosh in the gas tank that occurs when u have about 3/4 of a tank , when u bring the truck to a dead stop about a second after your stopped u feel like somebody is hitting u from the back or the trans is downshifting late the dealership told me because of the type of gas tank that I have it's the slosh effect because dodge took the baffles out of the tank for 2010.
do you have the 32 gallon tank?

Stage 2 is underway by L&M Customs & HHP
Old 09-12-2011, 02:37 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn Edition
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:23
wickedpissahtruck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holleywud View Post
I agree about the hassle of putting on car seats. In a crew cab its almost impossible to hook up the upper mounts. The damned wiper blades SUCK! $40k and we get shitty wiper blades? Come on! The oil filter location sucks too. Drains right onto the rack boot on the passenger side. Other than that, I love my truck. Just turned 1 year old last month.

That's a good one! I forgot about adding that one to my list. I couldn't have come up with a worse placement for an oil filter if it was my job to do so. WTF
Old 09-13-2011, 02:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Laramie Hemi
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Grey with silver trim
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
rockdoc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorelimos View Post
Yes sir that "thump" at stoplights with anything but a full tank on mine too. My last truck, with the long range fuel tank, {H3 SUT} did the same thing. Learned from it so knew instantly what it was on this one. And the passenger seat belt rattle is a little annoying too. Neither a big deal. Truck 1 1/2 year old and holding up pretty well for what it cost.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:55 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram, Quad Cab
Trim Level: ST with combo packag
Color: white
Rep:119
Dancianne will become famous soon enoughDancianne will become famous soon enough
Default complaints

I like to save gasoline whenever possible. On downhill grades, My Ram seems to experience engine/trans hold back even though I have set the + at max.
My old Silverado dropped into O/D immediately and accelerated rapidly on the downhill almost as if freewheeling. I've noticed an approximate 5 plus decrease in gas mileage between my new truck and the Silverado though similiarly equipped. Some holdback is great on long steep mountain downhill grades, but for everyday driving I'd rather have the better gas mileage.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:249
CHVYKLR has a spectacular aura aboutCHVYKLR has a spectacular aura aboutCHVYKLR has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancianne View Post
I like to save gasoline whenever possible. On downhill grades, My Ram seems to experience engine/trans hold back even though I have set the + at max.
My old Silverado dropped into O/D immediately and accelerated rapidly on the downhill almost as if freewheeling. I've noticed an approximate 5 plus decrease in gas mileage between my new truck and the Silverado though similiarly equipped. Some holdback is great on long steep mountain downhill grades, but for everyday driving I'd rather have the better gas mileage.
yeah I've noticed it on mine too. when I let off the accelerator to coast it reacts almost like I have a manual trans.

Stage 2 is underway by L&M Customs & HHP
Old 09-13-2011, 10:12 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Yeah I believe it is a good thing though as if you ever tow it will really help you out. I think the harder you brake the quicker (higher rpm) it downshifts as well to help you slow down. It would be nice to sort of have a on off button for this so if you didn't want it on (coasting down a hill) you could turn it off, but when you have a load you could leave it on...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500
Rep:17
BrownNinja55 is on a distinguished road

seeing as how i just recently got mine, i cant find anything i dont like about it...other than the lack of high income to buy all the fun things i want for it. i know it wasnt gonna be spectacular on gas, but my 71 mustang i used to have wasnt really either.