DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-27-2011, 05:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram1500, 2004 600RR
Trim Level: SLT Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
cj1 is on a distinguished road

the fact my diff went at 29,000km, my water pump went at 9,000km, a body seam broke and had a water leak, from the left front (dripped onto my factory amp) the rattles from: passenger seat (seat belt i always move) rattle from drivers door window switches. ummm....the fact is squeaks when changing gears under harder acceleration, the fact is knocks coming out of MDS (i have a tuner) the fact that the pipes for my exhaust tips keep sliding off with the mufflex exhaust (even though they are tight as sh*t), the super horrible factory tires, the wobble from a level kit, the scratches, the lack of factory "alarm" (no knock sensor)...shall i continue? lol
Sponsored links
Old 09-28-2011, 02:39 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 4x4 RC/SB
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:398
Butter is just really niceButter is just really niceButter is just really niceButter is just really nice

1. Headlights suck
2. Don't like where the cruise is, I bump it with my knee and turn it off
3. Don't like that I have to turn the cruise on every time I start the truck. If it was on when I turned it off i want it on when i start it!
4. Headlights really suck!
2010 Ram 1500 reg cab swb 4x4, 5.7 Hemi, 3:92 gears, Flowmaster 40 true duals, 2.5 leveling kit, Bridgestone Dueler 275/55/20 on KMC Skitch Wheels, DeeZee steps, BakFlip G2 tonneau cover, Weathertech Digital fit floor mats
Old 09-28-2011, 04:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 SLT
Color: Orange
Rep:10
bfro76 is on a distinguished road

the color of your truck is beautiful
Old 09-29-2011, 02:10 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Deepwater Blue
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:14
rdrckt is on a distinguished road

This thread is DEPRESSING! But anyway here is my two cents.
1 - the Dodge dealerships
2 - Headlights
3 - great rear suspension when running bobtail but squats like a big dog with 1K tounge weight AND stabilizer bars!
Old 10-01-2011, 05:22 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge RAM
Color: White
Rep:17
TLC John is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Total Load Control is the answer for squatting RAM

We can't solve the headlight, paint, seat belt and other assorted problems....but we can fix the squatting.

And you don't have to wait for Chrysler to put in air springs, because you can have them now!

TotalLoadControl.com is a new vendor to Z. All we do is manufacture a revolutionary new, patented air suspension that makes your RAM level with any legal load and improves safety, steering, handling, braking and even the ride. Body roll is virtually eliminated.

TLC is different from all other air suspensions because the air springs are independent - they can inflate and deflate - and because we use 9" air springs on a 1/2-ton truck - the largest of any aftermarket air system. TLC operates at very low psi - 30 is enough to level almost any load; 5-10 psi for everyday driving improvement.

TLC is specially designed for the RAM and bolts on easily without any modification. Great warranty.

Please check out on the vendor page or at TotalLoadControl.com.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram 1500 quad cab
Color: Sagebrush
Paramedic1809 is on a distinguished road

Can anyone tell me if putting higher wattage bulbs in will trip the computer overload protection circuit? I was told that the computer will only allow the metered amount of wattage to headlight circuit no matter what the wattage was on the bulbs. I know this sounds stupid, never heard of it before, but wanted to make sure before I went through the laborious task of changing the headlight bulbs. What a poor design for headlight accessibility.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: trx4
RAM10 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
^lol, my wife hounded me one day to let her drive the truck while we were helping someone move (I drove a U haul) and then she somehow curb rashed all 4 of my tires at one time, then when I was mad at her she said "you should know better than to let me drive it, you know I can't back up"......it's funny now lol...

My biggest complaint with the truck is someone will always say "Oh, your moving? Sean has a truck!"
Solution to helping people move.... I put a topper on my truck.. and tell people im sorry.. i have a topper.. hehe..
Old 11-25-2011, 10:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Big Horn ST Crew
Trim Level: Big Horn ST
Color: Black Metalic
The Reverend is on a distinguished road

So I've been reading this thread the last two days and have this to ask:

Is there anyone besides me here who has no complaints? I love everything about my truck including the head-rests! Granted, I'm 5'7" and can see how it could be annoying for someone taller... My truck is one of the few things that I own that is the best available; My truck and my guitars (both to my wife's chagrin - lol).

Anyway, my ONLY coplaint would be the cost of an oil-change! I can even live with the gas mileage since I like to step HARD into the HEMI from time to time... Or ALL the time as the case may be

[CENTER][B]2010 DR1500 Big Horn ST 5.7L HEMI Crew Cab:[/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B]Blacked [/B][B]out (including black chrome bumpers), Dark Tint, Machined Chrome Wheels, K&N Cold Air Intake system, Flowmaster Exhaust system.[/B][/CENTER]
Old 11-29-2011, 01:35 AM

Vehicle: Waiting on"15 RAM Quad Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Granite Crystal Metallic
rick980 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsg1963 View Post
- MDS
- Transmission (lets not kid ourselves, it's crap compared to many others out there). And the 2nd and 3rd gears, which on are they really? Ugh. And don't get me started on the lag after shifts if you're not getting fully into it. (many have reported this issue besides me)
- Yeah, the headrests suck and should be tiltable especially for road trips(they are on or 2009 Honda, our friends BMW and even a rented Lexus we just drove, so why not here?)
- Cruise control swich location on that stalk thing. WTF!?!
- Full tow package with 10K capacity but with mirrors that do not extend or tilt out or even have an included convex mirror?
- Poorly designed rear slide window. Should be much larger and slide down into the cab for protection, not to the side where it can hit peoples heads or catch on something. The Nissan Titan got this 100% right before it's demise.
- Keyless entry but not keyless ignition? Kinda retro considering how advanced the rest of the truck is.
- Why have the option of a 28 Gal tank? It should be 35 for all of them. They have the room under the bed, between the rails, so charge a couple bucks more per unit and have only one option. Decent cruising range would be the result.
- Note: I still love this truck and would buy another one if needed, these items, if corrected, would simply make it near-perfect.
yOU NEED TO RUN IN TOW MODE AND THE MDS IS OFF AND THE TRANS SHIFTS FIRMER.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:02 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

^ what's wrong with the 28 gal tank? lol. I can go like 400-500 miles on the highway with the small tank. No complaints here, I'd rather fill up less money out of my wallet every week at the pump lol.

Same with the trans, the ratios may not be perfect but they aren't bad, and the trans can handle a lot of torque, I hear a lot of people complain about it but it's actually pretty good.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.