DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-27-2012, 12:48 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Rench810 is on a distinguished road
Default What I don't like about my truck....

Headlights. And I don't think it's the halogen or the aiming: I have owned plenty of vehicles with halogen lighting that provided adequate lighting for night driving. I have to believe it is the reflector and/or the lens: the light simply does not get to the road. And a lighting engineer is lying (or drinking a lot of corporate kool-aid) if he/she denies it.

As consumers we need to push for a recall on these headlight assemblies; they pose a danger to both drivers and pedestrians.

I'm not a big fan of the Uconnect marketing: my truck label and factory build sheet both indicate Uconnect radio. Well, it is not. It is Uconnect 'capable' (with appropriate upgrades). As if there isn't enough distrust in the market between consumers and car manufacturers, Fiat/Dodge continue with the 'smoke and mirrors'. Why not try 'straight up' guys? As in: "Don't drive this truck at night because you won't be able to see anything, and Uconnect is a trademark of ours, and one we like to splash all over your paperwork, but.... you don't get it -sucker."

You gotta love companies that spend money on market research to attract customers and then do whatever they can to build a product to piss them off. Fix it Fiat/Dodge or lose market share; it really boils down to that, doesn't it?
Sponsored links
Old 11-27-2012, 02:26 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express RC
Color: Black Express Package
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:62
RyanJM will become famous soon enough

#1-4 the driveshaft
#5 seats could be better
#6 don't put.a u connect radio in if it doesn't connect to anything
#7 3.21 came in my Big Horn, 3.21's don't belong in a truck at all.
#8 needs a mds shut off next to.the traction control.
#9 would have been nicer if it sat a little higher stock
#10 delete the wrangler hp's and put bfg at on the dam trucks.

2014 Black Express, 4.5" Maxtrac lift, Ballistic Razorback's 20x9, 35x12.5 Federal Cougaria MT's, DeeZee tailgate assist, K&N drop in filter, magnaflow 16" welded in, Diablo Trinity, 20% tint on the front and 5% on the rear glass, AVS Smoked Aeroskin, HID 3000k fogs, 6000k HID's in the projectors.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:30 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Rep:83
Turbovsix will become famous soon enough

1. Build/quality issues with differential/driveshaft. Two issues with mine in the last three months.
2. Awful Wrangler HP's - it was like a new truck when I finally ditched them.
3. Transmission needs another gear and more snappier shifts. Awful.
4. I find the pastic surfaces in the interior scratch easily. I have a Big Horn and no leather.
5. Thin sheetmetal. I mean, come on Chrysler - the sheet metal around all my door handles is deforming - you can see it when you look at the truck from the side. You can literally dent this truck by looking at it.
6. Lack of tow hooks/skid plates as standard equipment.

And, rounding up the top spot, or bottom in this case....

7. HEADLIGHTS. Horrendous. I had to add driving lights behind the grille because even the high-beams are dreadfully weak.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Grey
12mingreyram is on a distinguished road

MDS is horrible. But leaving it in fifth takes care of that. Still should be able to turn it off.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:20 PM

Vehicle: '11 SLT Crew w/Rambox Coolers
Rep:30
JHemi1 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, the MDS should only kick in at highway speeds or something. Having it kick in and out putting around town is annoyyyying. Funny thing is my wife doesn't even notice it and laughs at me when I kick the shifter over to 5.

That and the headlights. Rural night driving sucks as-is. Can't wait to hook up some additional lighting.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Rammin2010 is on a distinguished road

2010 Ram 1500, any one have water leaking in the crew cab. just found an inch or more puddle in my back seat in the storage area, i haven't looked where my amplifier is but i think there might be some water there too. i have search on the web and a few people say it might be coming from the 3rd brake light just on the back of the cab. going to the dealership to see what they will do, man i am so dissappointed with this defect i was starting to enjoy this truck so much!!!
Old 11-29-2012, 04:36 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

The freakin' PAYMENT!!!
Old 11-29-2012, 04:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 RCSB 4X4
Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
Rep:173
Unfairkickazz93 has a spectacular aura aboutUnfairkickazz93 has a spectacular aura about

My complaints would be:
1. THIN paint. This is the thinest paint I have ever seen!
2. Headlights.
3. Lack of a skid plate option on the express package.
4. The stock tires!
MODS- QTP Exhaust Cutout, ARH Long-tube Headers, HornBlasters Train Horn, HemiFever Tuned, Linex bedliner, Painted mirrors and door handles, 14" magnaflow muffler, Cabin air filter, BakFlip G2 tonneau cover, Black 17" Sport Edition TK5 Wheels, K&N CAI, BT Catch can, 85mm Throttle body, Upper glovebox Mod, Recon Black Projector headlights, Retroshops- Tinted LED Tails including 3rd brake.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:43 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:12
FireWire is on a distinguished road

* headlights too weak
I was getting used to them and then I was driving my work truck at night ( Silverado ) Realized again how bad they are.

* no limited slip in my truck
last year I got stuck momentarily in an inch of snow. Slight incline and 1 front and 1 rear wheel spinning.
this is my fault I guess for not looking into it before buying. I assumed a 4wd truck would have it standard
Better yet an auto locking rear diff like the Chev I drive at work.

* the radio doesn't control my Ipod touch like it's supposed to

* the horsepower is less than advertised
Lots of power, but I don't believe this engine is 390 HP.
Or, there is an awful lot of loss in the drivetrain.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:13 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT-Big Horn
Color: Blue, Sexy Blue
Rep:66
seanbeckaroo will become famous soon enough

I've only owned this 2009 SLT Crew Cab for a few months, and don't really have too many complaints. I assume like most of you here, I've owned and drove them all, so I have a good basis for comparrison.

1. First of all, for people complaining about gas gas milage; you bought a 6000 lb piece of metal to drive down the road. It certainly requires a vast amount of fuel to accomplish this feat. My old 1978 Bronco with a 460 swapped into only got about 6 mpg, with about 200hp. So I'll take my 15 city and 18 highway with the 390 HP Hemi anyday of the week.

2. Trucks ride like well....trucks. I bought a new 2010 F150 Crew Cab a few years ago with the dreaded 5.4L (blah) And I find this Dodge to be much more comfortable and dampaned. Now it doesn't compare to Luxury SUV's, but hey, it's a truck. My family finds it more than adequate.

3. I love the styling. I went and looked at the new GMC trucks and started laughing when the salesman started showing them to me. I said "they look like cheap tin cans from China!" Ford is always a great product, but with the ECO Boost, I don't trust it yet. I loved the look of the Dodge, the true Crew Cab is HUGE. Love the 5.7 HEMI, it is a monster. The trucks sits just right for me and the family, height is not an issue.

4. I am disapointed in the 3.55 gears with the tow package. I'm sure the HEMI will make up for it, but with 20" wheels, 3.92's should be standard. I will be switching to 4.10 gears when I upgrade to a larger camper and get a locking differential, that's just a personal preference.

5. I find the headlights more than adequate, I do have the Quads, so I don't know if that makes a difference or not. The fog lights are extremely bright, and I will gladly spend the $20 a year to replace bulbs for that kind of safety vision.

Other than a crummy dealership experience (who HASN'T had one) I will just perform the prescribed maintenance, not buy an extended warranty, and hope my Dodge RAM lasts me for 10 years