DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-07-2011, 04:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:143
Edokdyshi will become famous soon enoughEdokdyshi will become famous soon enough

Only thing I don't care for on my truck is the location of the cruise control stick. It just seems like an awkward place to put it. Thinkin about it....the headlights could be a bit brighter as well. Other then that...I love my 2500...have the Cummings diesel, issues with that are a whole different tread.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:58 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT QD CAB Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:65
DodgeRamMan71 will become famous soon enough

So, I am in love with my RAM,lol, that being said...

1. The colum shifter is in an awkward position, if I have a drink in the cup holder in the middle stack I sometimes bump the shifter, not hard, but still a bump none the less.

2. The drivers sun visor does not cover the upper left side of window and the sun pretty much blinds me when driving into it.

3. I wish it came standard with rear back up camera
Old 08-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 RAM
Trim Level: OUTDOORSMAN
Color: Blue metallic pearl
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:10
trusstrucker is on a distinguished road

I agree I hate that TC,ESP, & the drive by wire....more like drive by pigeon carrier.. does anyone know if you can disable or adjust these things with a programer..if so which one.... I have not been able to find one for the 2011 4.7
Old 08-07-2011, 07:49 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:1338
GeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud of

1) My 4.7l semi hemi
2) The curved shape of my headlamps
3) Sliding rear glass window

Still love my truck.
8000k HID lows, 10000k Fogs, AAC Halos, white interior LEDs, 4' of blue LED strips, two blue LED pods, LED reverse and license plate lights, 2% Tint 3% visor, 50% Windshield, Debadged, Pioneer MVH-P8200BT headunit, JL C2-690TX door speakers, 10" JL W7 subwoofer, JL 500/1V2 Amplifier, DiabloSport Predator, Volant CAI, 14" Magnalow Exhaust with Turndowns, 2500 Tow Hooks, 3" CST Lift, 35x12.5x20 Toyo M/T.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2006 ram hemi
MikesHemi is on a distinguished road

Seems like these issuies are constant. Hope someone from dodge. Oops i mean RAM is taking notes
Old 08-09-2011, 11:13 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Big Horn Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Western Brown Pearl
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:160
Otterdriver has a spectacular aura aboutOtterdriver has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mph300 View Post
Wow, I thought I was the only one that noticed or had that problem!

I just moved the seat all the way back and moved the back of the seat rearward to make it where it does not get "trapped" sideways and rattle.

Mike
A buddy of mine keeps asking who my imaginary friend is I pull up and the passenger seatbelt is done up all the time....hahahahaha, that's my fix for the rattling seatbelt.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:00 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Section VIII is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerGorilla View Post
Definitely sits too low. Also, the fact that they make the a non-limited slip axle even an option for a 4x4. I got the 3.55 just assuming it was limited slip. Won't make that mistake again. One last thing, albeit a big one, I can't stand MDS or at least the option to permanently shut it off without buying a programmer.
Yeah, I made the same mistake of not paying attention to the sticker after reading the "Tow Package". My 2004 Dakota came with 3.92 with the towing package so I thought the same for the RAM. Trucks should come with a minimum of 3.92...especially with a "towing package".

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsg1963 View Post
- MDS
- Full tow package with 10K capacity but with mirrors that do not extend or tilt out or even have an included convex mirror?
- Why have the option of a 28 Gal tank? It should be 35 for all of them. They have the room under the bed, between the rails, so charge a couple bucks more per unit and have only one option. Decent cruising range would be the result.
Agreed. Towing package should have all the bells and whistles for towing.
Gas tank (standard) in a truck should also be bigger as they generally have less gas mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollateralDamage View Post
Other then that i wish i would have read the build list and realized that just cause i had a towing package that it didnt mean it came with lower gears like 3.92 instead of 3.55's other then my own ignorance i love the truck so far but the damn headrests(gotta love safety...)
Same as previous. I've had no problems with the headrest though as I don't use them anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glcarter View Post
After one month with my 2500:
3. Grill does not go up with hood, makes it harder to get bugs out of the radiator
Agree. The grill on my Dakota came up with the hood...which made it easier to clean the radiator. But I'm thinking that the RAM is a bit bigger so the engineers thought the grill would get in the way when working in the front end under the hood.

My biggest gripe is that a manual transmission isn't an option. I loved the manual in my previous Dakota. Additionally, more standard tie downs in the bed would have been nice too. I don't always use the bed but when I do, it would be nice if I could have more than four tie down locations. I would've gotten the RAM bed option for more tie downs but it decreases the usable area for stuff. You know, like hauling stuff....sorta the whole point in having a truck.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:52 PM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

theres nothing i dislike about my truck
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Old 08-16-2011, 04:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT Crew
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
thedraco is on a distinguished road

I've got a pretty much base model, I'd love some bells and whistles, but i get by fine without them, but the ONE things that pisses me right the F#@$ off that that black strip across my bumper that says to the world "I have a cheap ram"
Old 08-17-2011, 10:13 PM

Vehicle: 2011 CC 2wd
Color: White
Rep:26
Lie2me is on a distinguished road

Thin paint and the fact that I have to have the front bumper repainted because you can see the primer at the edges of the fog lamps. Dodge is covering it under warranty. There are also several 'bumps' where debris/trash was introduced into the paint process. Sadly, this is a quality control issue...a little more attention to detail and I would have no complaints.
Only other minor issue is the fact that the glare on the factory radio is killer. Bad angle or material...who knows. During the day, the backup camera is useless due to this fact.
This is a huge truck with a lot of bells and whistles, I honestly expected more issues, but I haven't seen them. 2011 White CC 2wd.