DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-21-2011, 05:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: Midnight blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:24
Sirchris is on a distinguished road

I thought it was the road. I have one corner that always shakes the truck. What I don't like is no programmer for 2011.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:31 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: 4x4 Sport
Color: Red
Rep:0
Kleeeen is an unknown quantity at this point

el crapo paint!!!!!!
Old 08-21-2011, 09:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 dodge ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
gbkinggerry is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwatson View Post
the extra soft rear suspension that seems to sit on the bumpstops with just 100 pounds in the bed. OK, maybe I'm exagerating a LITTLE bit.
This is the only thing I hate about this truck. A truck with coil springs. I had to add a timbren system (with load levers) in order to hall a 6000 lb toy hauler about 7000 loaded with the bikes.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwatson
the extra soft rear suspension that seems to sit on the bumpstops with just 100 pounds in the bed. OK, maybe I'm exagerating a LITTLE bit.
This is the only thing I hate about this truck. A truck with coil springs. I had to add a timbren system (with load levers) in order to hall a 6000 lb toy hauler about 7000 loaded with the bikes.
Weird, my truck seems to be very beefy in the back. Granted I don't tow several thousands of pounds, but seems to haul well, and I tend to overload the bed of my trucks. My truck also seems to have the highest payload of any from the tables I've looked at.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Chrysler is now thinking seriously about AIR SPRINGS on the rear end of the Rams, quite a lot like on semi trucks. the front end will still be coil springs
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 08-22-2011, 08:49 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Chrysler is now thinking seriously about AIR SPRINGS on the rear end of the Rams, quite a lot like on semi trucks. the front end will still be coil springs
That would be nice but I would worry about longevity. Makes me think about when ford put the air suspension on the crown vic and had a handful of issues with it.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 dodge ram
Color: black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
gbkinggerry is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
Weird, my truck seems to be very beefy in the back. Granted I don't tow several thousands of pounds, but seems to haul well, and I tend to overload the bed of my trucks. My truck also seems to have the highest payload of any from the tables I've looked at.
I'm not sure of payload buy my toy hauler (desert fox) has an 800 lb tongue weight (empty) and before I put the timbren in I had the load levers adjusted to the max and it squatted way down in the rear. It pulls great now lots of power just uses lots of fuel but that is to be expected. I didn't buy it for the fuel mileage
Old 08-24-2011, 10:12 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Color: Gray
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:12
EVERHART is on a distinguished road

If I had to complain about my truck it would be the body roll. I have had many trucks and they didn't have near the body roll. Another thing is the tmps, it sucks. Always blinking. Even with the right pressure. Seat belt is great. Lights suck. Look cool but suck. And the fact that the trade in value really sucks. They loose value so quick.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:24 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 3500
Color: Austin Tan Pearlcoat & Light Greystone Pearlcoat
Engine: 2007-???? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:38
Arctic Owl is on a distinguished road

I love the truck. I hate the support Chrysler gives it's dealers. Long story. NO ONE from Chrysler Canada will speak to me in person & my dealer cannot get answers from Chrysler on my questions to them. Pathetic customer/dealer repore from Chrysler Canada. As much as I like the truck I would likely NOT buy another Chrysler Canada product. JMHO.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Bright White / Tan
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
WSpeedRacerZ28 is on a distinguished road

This is my 4th Ram. I have seen the improvements and changes over the years and can say this is the best truck they've created and I've owned yet.

There is always room for improvement and here are a few things I dislike:

1) The chrome molding around the floor console where the cup holders/shifter is will down right blind you on a bright sunny day. Even with sun glasses on, the angle is perfect to hit your eyes where there's a gap between your glasses and face.

2) Changing head light bulbs. Whoever designed the way these headlights are mounted needs to be shot. It should not take the kind of time and effort to do something as simple as change head light bulbs, and you shouldn't have to remove parts like your grill to make it easier. I could change the bulbs in my previous trucks before 2009 in 5 minutes or less.

3) MyGig 730n RER w/ NAV not being able to upload custom Points of Interests. These days I think it's a must have option for GPS systems.

4) Wish there was an SRT-8 option with the 6.1 or 6.4 Hemi engine option.