DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-22-2011, 08:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
phalstead is on a distinguished road
Default I had my truck for one day

Hey all,

Needed to vent and wanted some input from the people on this forum. Here's what has taken place over the last week in a nutshell.

Monday - Bought my 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab Big Horn.
Drove it home from the dealership, messed around with the stereo like a kid with a new toy for about 15 minutes, then locked it up and went inside for the night.

Tuesday - Drove it to work, parked it and left it alone until around noon. One of my coworkers wanted to check it out, so we walked outside and I hit the remote start button on the way to the truck. The truck cranked, fired up for about a second then I heard it stall. After it stalled, it started cranking again and fired up. When we got up to it the idle sounded really low and rough, and the truck was shaking and rocking quite a bit. I opened the door and hopped in and noticed the check engine light was on. I didn't think a whole lot of it since it had just randomly stalled, and figured maybe it somehow kicked itself into ECO and couldn't get itself back out. I figured when I got out of work and hopped in to drive home, it would have reset itself and hopefully be back to normal. Anyhow, jumped in after work, truck still ran like butt, didn't feel like it wanted to idle, didn't really have any power at all, and shook violently at low speeds. Called the dealership I bought it at and told them I was bringing it in. Got it to the dealership with no problems other than it not really having any power and just feeling sluggish. When the salesman started it up the last time I saw it the engine sounded like it was knocking a little bit. Truck had like 58 miles on the odometer.

Wednesday - When I hadn't heard from anyone at around 1pm, I decided to call and see what the deal was with my brand new truck. Once the Service Department was finally able to track it down and figure out who had it, they told me that the parts were on back order and would let me know when they came in. Being absolutely clueless as to what the hell they were talking about, I asked to talk to the manager. He informed me that the lifters had collapsed on the cylinders. It still doesn't make sense to me why that would make it feel like it's running on about 3 cylinders, but maybe that's just me. Anyhow, that was the last concrete answer I got about anything. Was told they were probably going to just replace my truck with another one that's similar to it and that they were waiting to hear from Chrysler.

Thursday - Was told they were still waiting to hear something, but they should definitely know SOMETHING by 1pm Friday. I go get all my stuff out of the truck since chances are I'm never going to see the damn thing again.

Friday - Called at 2 and was told that they still haven't heard anything yet. Called back at around 4 and was told the General Manager had been in meetings all day, but once they hear something they'll give me a call.

Am I getting dicked around here or am I just overreacting? Thanks for any input anyone might have. At this point I'm just stressing about the whole thing and pissed off that my brand new almost $50k truck is sitting in the parking lot at a dealership and no one has a straight answer as to when I'll actually have a truck.

If anyone cares, here's what it looked like when I had it for a whopping 24 hrs:
Sponsored links
Old 07-22-2011, 08:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram Quad
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:840
UltraFlame is a splendid one to beholdUltraFlame is a splendid one to beholdUltraFlame is a splendid one to beholdUltraFlame is a splendid one to beholdUltraFlame is a splendid one to beholdUltraFlame is a splendid one to beholdUltraFlame is a splendid one to behold

You are getting screwed around. Thake your extra set of keys and all your paperwork to the dealer and tell them HERE IS EVERYTHING, I want a new truck now and I am not happy. Either give me the loan papers back or another truck of equal or greater value.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:11 PM
Woo Pig Sooie!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Rep:95
Razorbass will become famous soon enough

Agree with UltraFlame on this one. The dealer is figuring out a way to screw you and make you take a new - repaired - truck. Tell them you will only accept a brand new truck or a complete and total refund. No exceptions. In most places, I believe there is a lemon law that gives you that right.
2011 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4, skid plates, 3.92 gears, Magnaflow cat back, spray-in bed liner, debadged, Bakflip F1 tonneau cover, WeatherTech liners & deflectors, K&N drop-in filter, 20% tint, Sickspeed carbon fiber antenna
Old 07-22-2011, 09:19 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Rep:112
jdubsss will become famous soon enoughjdubsss will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraFlame View Post
You are getting screwed around. Thake your extra set of keys and all your paperwork to the dealer and tell them HERE IS EVERYTHING, I want a new truck now and I am not happy. Either give me the loan papers back or another truck of equal or greater value.
100% agree.

I would not accept this vehicle whatsoever.
Mods: 14" Magnaflow Muffler, AirRaid CAI, Recon Smoked LED Tails, Recon Smoked LED 3rd Brake, Recon White Lightning, 6k HID Fogs, White LED Plate Lights, LED Interior Lights, EZ Down Tailgate, 20% Tints, Pillar Tape Removed, Stubby Antenna

PICS: http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=87696
Old 07-22-2011, 09:19 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram Sport 5.7
Trim Level: Sport
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:202
sullivan has a spectacular aura aboutsullivan has a spectacular aura aboutsullivan has a spectacular aura about

its got 58 miles, and the lifters dropped. Id want a new fcking truck! 58 MILES!
06' Sport - 3.92 Gears - Superchips - Bilstein Shocks - HellWig Anti-Sway Bar - Cooper Zeon LTZ - Viper Alarm & Remote Start - Halo Projector Lights - 5k HID Lows & Fogs - Custom Emblems - Magnaflow - CAI
Old 07-22-2011, 09:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: BIGHORN
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl
Firefighter4547 is on a distinguished road

I'd be doing the same thing your doing bro. Calling every damn day to get answers. They cant dick you around forever. Like ultraflame said, take everything you have that pertains to that truck down to the dealership and say I want a new truck or a refund. That should light a firecracker under their ass and get them moving on something. This post is making me kind of nervous by the way. I am buying my '11 Bighorn Crew next weekend. I hope i dont have the same problem!!!!
Old 07-22-2011, 09:20 PM

^^

Forget calling at this point...walk in there with all of your stuff and demand a new vehicle. 58 miles and it sounds like a lemon to me.
Mods: 14" Magnaflow Muffler, AirRaid CAI, Recon Smoked LED Tails, Recon Smoked LED 3rd Brake, Recon White Lightning, 6k HID Fogs, White LED Plate Lights, LED Interior Lights, EZ Down Tailgate, 20% Tints, Pillar Tape Removed, Stubby Antenna

Old 07-22-2011, 09:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

I'm just sick of getting ****ed around. I told them if they gave me the lifted 2500 they have on the lot for the same price, I'd be happy. They didn't seem to be down with that idea. At this point I'm just more frustrated than anything else. I don't understand what the ****ing hold up is. If I told them I was going to give them something for trade-in and just never showed up with it, I'm sure they'd want the vehicle. This is a two-way street. They've got my 06 F-150 FX-4 SCrew and my wifes 2009 Honda Civic Si for trades. We both got new cars from them. I don't want to have to come to the point where I just take them both back, but I don't know when to draw the line. They keep telling me they're waiting for an answer from Chrysler. How ****ing long can that take? Is this not a high-priority thing to them? Because it sure as hell is to me. Granted, they gave me a loaner 1500, but what does that solve? It's not my truck.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:34 PM

go in there and get loud...they'll do anything to calm down an angry customer shying away new ones

aside from that, you're entitled to a new vehicle. you got a piece of shit, period. there's no reason you should have to accept it in anyway, shape, or form.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

They said yesterday that they found me 2 replacement trucks, but no one told me any details about them. They just always say they're waiting for Chrysler. I'm about done waiting for Chrysler. I walked in yesterday to a dealership full of customers and introduced myself as 'THE GUY WITH THE BRAND NEW RAM WITH THE BLOWN MOTOR'. I got helped pretty quick.