DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2009 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2009 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2009 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-22-2011, 09:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: slt
Color: silver
Rep:10
C J R is on a distinguished road
Default Need Help or Advice PINGING NOISE

Bought a new 09 dodge ram 5.7 , since about 6 months old there has been a pinging noise, the dealer flashed the computer once and actually made it worst. It now has 58,000 km and the pinging is worst along with worst fuel consumption. Yes I tried high octane fuel, its had a tune up with wires and plugs from dealer. Is there anything else to do other then complain to dodge themselves. I did not buy this option with the truck lol nor do i want it. I am waiting on a reply from dodge about this issue. Probably get nowhere . Maybe i will start a website if there is enough people with the same problem ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED THANKS
Sponsored links
Old 07-22-2011, 10:10 PM
erm

Sounds like it is running lean and needs more fuel delivered. I am surprised the dealer and the techs didn't get into the fuel tables and tweak them.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
Sounds like it is running lean and needs more fuel delivered. I am surprised the dealer and the techs didn't get into the fuel tables and tweak them.
I am hoping to hear back from dodge next week to see what they may or may not do. Then we will have to take a different route Thanks I will let them know about your thought
Old 07-22-2011, 10:29 PM
erm

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

How's things in Ontario?
Old 07-23-2011, 12:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
Good luck and let us know how it goes!

How's things in Ontario?

Things are good here but way to damn hot and humid
Old 08-03-2011, 09:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Well talked to Dodge and they referred me back to the dealer, lol i expected that one. The dealer now tells me I have to pay for a injector clean which will cost $90 plus taxes. We did a fuel consumption on my ram and I am getting 12miles to the gallon not to good far as I understand. I don't think they can resolve this issue but just keep handing be back and forth from dealer to dodge what a joke. Also my tie rods are gone again so getting it in tomorrow to have them replaced, almost 60,000 km so warranty runs out, that would be in a few days for me. I don't think my next truck will be a dodge unless i know these items do not exist. I will keep fighting the matter on this ping noise as its pretty loud when hauling my trailers, they say its normal but wont put it on paper lmao keep ya posted
Old 08-03-2011, 09:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Ram Big Horn 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:27
unrealtrip is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by C J R View Post
Well talked to Dodge and they referred me back to the dealer, lol i expected that one. The dealer now tells me I have to pay for a injector clean which will cost $90 plus taxes. We did a fuel consumption on my ram and I am getting 12miles to the gallon not to good far as I understand. I don't think they can resolve this issue but just keep handing be back and forth from dealer to dodge what a joke. Also my tie rods are gone again so getting it in tomorrow to have them replaced, almost 60,000 km so warranty runs out, that would be in a few days for me. I don't think my next truck will be a dodge unless i know these items do not exist. I will keep fighting the matter on this ping noise as its pretty loud when hauling my trailers, they say its normal but wont put it on paper lmao keep ya posted
Pinging in any motor (car, truck, etc) generally means you are running lean. Obviously there are a lot of factors to consider, aside from fuel. As for your tie rods, you say "gone again", have you lifted or done anything to this truck or is it stock?
Old 08-03-2011, 10:51 PM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

It doesn't matter if he lifted his truck or not, there's a tie rod recall for over 240,000 Ram trucks that covers it no matter how many times they fixed it. That's in the recalls as well...trucks that were previously repaired with faulty tie rod ends are covered too. And don't let them try and snowball you by saying your vin isn't on the recall list. As for your pinging, they are BSn you and they know better. It is "NOT" normal for a truck to ping under any circumstance, especially when towing...you do have a problem. As for your pinging, if you have a tuner, load an 87 tune to see if it repairs it. If not, you're in the hands of a dealer that can't be trusted...find another one, best wishes and good luck! In the mean time, pay close attention to your temps...fuel, timing, and or heat can play a part in this.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:28 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Ram Big Horn 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:27
unrealtrip is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
It doesn't matter if he lifted his truck or not, there's a tie rod recall for over 240,000 Ram trucks that covers it no matter how many times they fixed it.
Wow I didn't know that, that's a pretty big whoops on Dodge's part lol
Old 08-05-2011, 09:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

so the ties rods are repaired,,, i had to pay for a fuel injection clean and still no change. They now tell be dodge recommends a carbon clean of the engine as part of the fix, how damn funny is that lmao. I am going to try another dealer and if no help there I am going to get my friend to start a website protesting dodge ram 1500 trucks like mine with the same problem and lets see what happens then, this really pisses me off but you cant get any real answers or anything done. What else is there , sell the truck and buy a FORD Yeah