DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2009 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2009 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2009 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-27-2011, 07:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum - Dodge Truck Forum - Dodge Ram Club

Vehicle: SRT-10
Color: Red
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:434
Quiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enough
Default Crew Cab vs Quad Cab?? + Crew rear a/c question

I'm wondering how you guys feel about whichever truck you have. I've driven a crew cab, and a quad cab. I like the bigger bed of the quad, but the extra rear space is very nice in the crew. Do you have a quad and resent not getting the bigger back seat of the crew? or vice-versa?

My rear a/c question is regarding a 2009 crew SLT I test drove. It had rear a/c vents, but on the max blower speed it was hardly moving air out of the rear vents. They appeared to be open. Is this a normal characteristic for this truck? It was so little flow I wondered why they even bothered putting vents there!

Thanks
Sponsored links
Old 07-27-2011, 07:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:1266
Stump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud of

I have the crew and couldn't be happier. I have 3 boys 11, 6 and 4 and they almost have too much room back there. If you have kids I'd say go crew. If you occasionally haul passengers around the quad might be the better option and take advantage of the bigger box. The only thing with the quad is long distance trips for anyone riding back there might be a bit cramped.

I have excellent output from the rear vents in mine. I was curious so I just went out and tried it

Big Red my old 2011 Sport

Enjoy big benefits with a subscription to RamforumZ, become a site supporter today!

Don't forget to upload pics of your Ram in the Gallery!

Great how to's and lets not forget the Rulez.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum - Dodge Truck Forum - Dodge Ram Club

Vehicle: SRT-10
Color: Red
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:434
Quiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stump3r View Post
I have the crew and couldn't be happier. I have 3 boys 11, 6 and 4 and they almost have too much room back there. If you have kids I'd say go crew. If you occasionally haul passengers around the quad might be the better option and take advantage of the bigger box. The only thing with the quad is long distance trips for anyone riding back there might be a bit cramped.

I have excellent output from the rear vents in mine. I was curious so I just went out and tried it
Thanks for the info. No kids, yet. I've ridden in a 2500 quad cab for a few hundred miles. At only 5'11 I was very crammed.

Glad to know the a/c vent was working for you. Either something is up with the blower/aux blower? or it's just setup wrong somewhere. Like an adjustment for rear flow might be somewhere.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:58 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Inferno Red Pearl
Rep:743
RedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to behold

I have the quad and two over 6' children that we haul only occasionally and chose the extra box size but am torn if I would take the same path again. Both of them complain about the head space and leg room. I'm 6'3" and have to pull the seat up to an uncomfortable position for my 17 yr. old to fit behind me and my 19 yr. old son often sits up front to have enough head room. Wife has to go to the back.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:10 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:23
300MAG is on a distinguished road

I had a quad and got the crew cab this time for the bigger back seat. As much I would like the the bigger bed since I dont haul every day I was willing to sacifice the bed size for leg room. We took it on a 900 mile trip that we did straight through and it was just as comfortable as my 300C.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:54 PM
Conventional Eccentric

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Rep:220
highlandchef has a spectacular aura abouthighlandchef has a spectacular aura abouthighlandchef has a spectacular aura about

I have two boys so I got the Crew Cab; they're 11 and 6 and feel like they're in a limo. The length of the bed was a small consideration but for me the truck is used mostly for towing so I wouldn't change a thing. There are ways around the occasional need for length.

Disclaimer: I'm getting old and my opinions will reflect that fact!
Old 07-27-2011, 10:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Longhorn Limited
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
SoDakMac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodysgotacuda View Post
I'm wondering how you guys feel about whichever truck you have. I've driven a crew cab, and a quad cab. I like the bigger bed of the quad, but the extra rear space is very nice in the crew. Do you have a quad and resent not getting the bigger back seat of the crew? or vice-versa?

My rear a/c question is regarding a 2009 crew SLT I test drove. It had rear a/c vents, but on the max blower speed it was hardly moving air out of the rear vents. They appeared to be open. Is this a normal characteristic for this truck? It was so little flow I wondered why they even bothered putting vents there!

Thanks
I have the Quad Cab primarily because it was on the lot and at the time it was questionable if the Chrysler Corporation was going to survive and they offered me a deal (actually I am a Ford truck guy) I could not believe. I would have preferred to have the Crew Cab for the extra room in the back seat but for the most part it has worked out fine. The extra box length has come in handy for room for gear on our Canada fishing trips since we use every inch. Now that I have confessed that I have always driven Ford trucks (most of them were diesels), I will have to say that I like the Ram 1500 Laramie with the Hemi and will consider buying another when the time comes around. I would get the crew cab for the extra head and leg room for those in the back seat. I am not sure why Ram does not offer 6.3 box with the Crew Cab like Ford since that would be the perfect combination for my needs.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:28 AM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

I had an '08 QC, and now I've got a '10 CC. I like the CC much better than the QC. I've only got one kiddo (he's 11), so that wasn't an issue, it's just that there is a lot more room in the back seat area. I kid people that are unfamiliar with the truck that I can lay down and have a party in the back seat of my truck. The built in beer coolers are cool too.. (very few cops think to look under the mat for the cooler with the open containers [around here an open container is a 12 pk with one beer missing from it] now I've just got to start drinking to make use of them for something other than Coke and Pepsi)

As for the AC issue that you noticed... The flow out of the back vents isn't a strong as out of the front vents, but I believe that the flow is adequate to allow the back seat passenger a lil air and make it so it's not quite as hot.... I've got the climate control in mine, so I just leave everything on auto (which will sometimes reduce the flow to the back)

good luck

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 07-28-2011, 10:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram SLT 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Graphite
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
McCraken is on a distinguished road

My question is which is which between a Quad and a Crew because I keep seeing all the terms used with no clear differences. My SLT has the 6.5' box. As for the back seat I find plenty of room for my 3 dogs. My 2 boys are both over a 100 lbs.

Thanks

McCraken
Old 07-28-2011, 10:37 PM
erm

I have a MegaCab and I am very glad I got it. It does reduce the bed but if I need more room to haul, I just hook up the trailer.