DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2009 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2009 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2009 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-28-2011, 11:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500 Crew Cab TRX
Trim Level: TRX
Color: Detonator Yellow
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:29
NolaRam is on a distinguished road

My 04 was a quad and that is the reason that my 09 is a crew. If no kids or frequent guests, then the quad works, if frequent passengers the extra space makes a big difference.
Sponsored links
Old 07-31-2011, 08:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500 Sport Crew
Trim Level: ST
Color: Silver
Rep:10
5 speed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodysgotacuda View Post
I'm wondering how you guys feel about whichever truck you have. I've driven a crew cab, and a quad cab. I like the bigger bed of the quad, but the extra rear space is very nice in the crew. Do you have a quad and resent not getting the bigger back seat of the crew? or vice-versa?

My rear a/c question is regarding a 2009 crew SLT I test drove. It had rear a/c vents, but on the max blower speed it was hardly moving air out of the rear vents. They appeared to be open. Is this a normal characteristic for this truck? It was so little flow I wondered why they even bothered putting vents there!

Thanks
I had a Quad Cab back in 03. I now have a Crew. The back seat is very big, really too big. I would have preferred right in between the Crew and the Quad but whatever. My kids have more room back there than my Chrysler Aspen so it looks like it will become the trip vehicle. It gets better gas mileage too; better than my 03 as well. I will check on the vents next time I am in the vehicle and let you know.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Jim Ram is on a distinguished road

I got the Quad because I wanted the bigger bed. There have been several times that I completely filled the bed and was glad I didn't spend the extra money for the Crew with the smaller bed.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
njsurfmaster is on a distinguished road

I just got back from a 2 week 4700 mile road trip in my 09 QC. My two sons (6' and 4') rode in the back. My older son can only ride behind my wife who can pull the front seat up enough for it to be bearable for him. My younger son had plenty of room behind me.

If tall passenger comfort is key, the CC is the way to go! That said, it can be done in a QC.

Sean
Old 08-14-2011, 11:29 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:209
Barnyard has a spectacular aura aboutBarnyard has a spectacular aura aboutBarnyard has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excoastie View Post
As for the AC issue that you noticed... The flow out of the back vents isn't a strong as out of the front vents, but I believe that the flow is adequate to allow the back seat passenger a lil air and make it so it's not quite as hot.... I've got the climate control in mine, so I just leave everything on auto (which will sometimes reduce the flow to the back)

good luck

Exco
I've noticed a lack of air flow to the rear as well. I've been combating the issue by switching to the floor and dash setting (fan on high, of course). This splits the flow 1/2 & 1/2 between the normal dash vents and the heater floor vents that exit under the front seats (on the floor). We've found that the location and volume coming from there tends to cool down the back seat better/faster. You might give that a try.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Laramie CC
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl
Rep:15
fier23 is on a distinguished road

I ride ATV's with 2 friends from work, we go on multiple trips a year. Our trucks consisted of my 08' quad cab, a 04' quad cab, and a reg cab chevy(which doesn't count). Each trip wether it be to the sand dunes or the reg trails consisted of 300mi. each way. For a grown man in the back of a quad cab for that long is completely unbearable and inhumane. This is why we now have 3 Crew Cabs. 2 Laramies and 1 Big Horn. We couldn't be happier. Yes I didn't like giving up the bed room but it's worth it. We all had trailers before but having to leave the tailgate open to haul the Raptor isn't going to kill me either.

As for the rear vents they do blow less than adequate but I just close 2 up front and it fixes the problem. I also turn the floor vents on as you have them under each front seat going to the back also.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:07 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Hemi QC
Trim Level: sport
Color: silver
Rep:65
stricnine will become famous soon enough

I went with the Quad cab for a few reasons:

1. I don't care if a passenger in the rear is comfortable or not! If they need extra leg room they can sit in the middle of the rear seat. lol
2. The Quad Cab looks sportier, the Crew Cab doesn't look symetrical to me. The crew cab loses the sporty look in my opinion.
3. I fish alot and could never have a truck bed less than 6 ft. I would rather have plenty of room in the bed of my truck for gear and such rather than not having the room I need.
4. The Quad Cab is faster
Old 08-29-2011, 10:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Rep:73
Dustinmc15 will become famous soon enough

I had a 3rd gen quad cab before I bought my 4th gen crew cab. The extra room has been nice for longer trips for the rear passengers and I haven't really missed the extra bed space, but I'm looking at buying a 4wheeler so that might change.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:11 PM

Vehicle: 11 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Fire Red
Rep:13
Roman Chariot is on a distinguished road

I have a QC and there are definately times that I wish I had the CC. My kids are 2,4,6 So i bought the QC thinking that they didn't need as much room. While this still hold true, most car seats don't fit in the back because the angle of the back seat is too steep. It does work good for booster seats. If I had to do it over again I would have gotten a CC.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:35 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:73
Rayne will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by stricnine View Post
I went with the Quad cab for a few reasons:

1. I don't care if a passenger in the rear is comfortable or not! If they need extra leg room they can sit in the middle of the rear seat. lol
2. The Quad Cab looks sportier, the Crew Cab doesn't look symetrical to me. The crew cab loses the sporty look in my opinion.
3. I fish alot and could never have a truck bed less than 6 ft. I would rather have plenty of room in the bed of my truck for gear and such rather than not having the room I need.
4. The Quad Cab is faster
I chose the quad cab for the exact same reasons as stricnine, especially number 4!. The only time I wish I had a Crew Cab is when I need to lock my groceries up in the back seat and I run out of room. Guess I could get a tonneau though and solve that problem
Recon 3rd Brake Light & Spyder Tails | AVS Vents | OEM Flares
WeatherTech Floorliners & ClearCovers | Black Honeycomb Grill