DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires

Notices

Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires General discussion related to wheels and tires.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-29-2011, 12:39 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Quad Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:10
farf02 is on a distinguished road

Good luck with tire warranties.....its not exactly like bringing something back to Walfart. I wouldn't think twice about getting another set of those Duelers....I am already betting I will see wear and cupping on these Badyears by 10,000 miles. At 30,000 on the Duelers, they were perfectly round and smooth, and were at 8/32
Sponsored links
Old 07-29-2011, 12:42 AM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Q-cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:28
CJ.2007Ram is on a distinguished road

One thing to remember is that softer compounds give better traction but wear faster; on the flip side harder compounds last longer but don't grip a well. Look for tread wear ratings in the lower 400s for a decent compromise. Another tire to look at is the cooper zeon ltz. Good luck on your search.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:48 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Rep:22
BlackLaramie is on a distinguished road

I appreciate the help everyone. I'll keep checkin' on some sets and let y'all know what I choose to go with. I'll also post some pictures when I get them.

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7L HEMI, Single in/Dual out Flowmaster Super 44 with 4" Tips, Extendable Towing mirrors, Cooper Zeon LTZ Tires, and more to come!
Thought this picture was neat looking. Ha ha.

Old 07-29-2011, 12:49 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:44
The Codes is on a distinguished road

All my friends with BFG's, dislike them..especially when they get in mud. Say that they dont fling the mud out and just clog and spin. Also heard that the shoulders wear funny and eventually get very loud during highway use. I have the falken a/t's, I love em. They are an aggressive look but have a close enough tread pattern that they make a good street tire. Havnt tested them on mud or anything other then gravel/dirt, and street, havnt had them slip or spin at all. Great traction. As for tread wearing quickly....I have only had them for 600 miles now, and they look great still to me, and they have a lot thicker tread on them then a lot of tires I have seen so I have doubts about the tread wear issues..mine also have a 50,000 mile warranty but anyways. I also know alot of people with the Toyo M/T's, no a/t's, and they like them and buy the pairs consistantly. My friend has a ram 1500 98 and had the nitto a/t's, they look good and I almost got them but his tread just seemed to dissapear...but he does drive like a maniack..so. Also read something about the nitto's needing to be inflated at high pressure or somethin like that..but no specifics. Theres my .02 man. For the record I would def buy another set of the falkens.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:52 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Also I might add, a family friend of mine is into rockcrawling and has alot of rockcrawling magazines, I was looking through them the other day, the falkens were featured and tested exstensively on a rockcrawling trail, the team was really impressed with them and noted that they would not be dropping the tires for a while.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:28 AM

Those tires look great on there man. I am still leaning towards the Nitto TG's though, because on Discount Tire's website there's 34 pages of reviews, and the overall rating is 4/5 stars. Lots of people say they get 70-80K miles off them. BUT! I want white lettering, and I don't know if Nitto TG's do white letters. I have seen on Google images that a guy has Nitto TG's with white lettering on his Toyota Tacoma, but that's the ONLY picture I've seen with them...

I don't like black lettering, too plain. So if Nitto doesn't do white, I will go with something else. Probably the Falkens or something.

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7L HEMI, Single in/Dual out Flowmaster Super 44 with 4" Tips, Extendable Towing mirrors, Cooper Zeon LTZ Tires, and more to come!

Old 07-29-2011, 11:18 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Well in all honesty when I walked into discount to get my new tires I was getting the Nitto's, mainly because of all the reviews I read on them. The only bad thing I read on them was they needed to be inflated to a high pressure to keep tread wearing down or something like that. I was going to get them anyways, but then the guy showed me the falkens. Say that it was practically a newly introduced tire to the industry because it was falkens first attempt at a a/t. I liked the tread on both a lot, what sold me was that I knew I would be one of few that had this tire, plus because its new and they are trying to get the tire out there and it hasnt been established as a popular tire yet I got the guy down to a really low price, it was 600 when the nittos in the same size were going to be close to 1000-1100. I see a nitto t/g every day, but only seen one other falken a/t. and when me and the guy compared the tread depth of the nitto and falken falkens were deeper. Anyways though man they are both great tires I believe and I am sure you will be happy either way. And as a side note, I wanted white wall lettering as well to stand out, the guy at the store talked me out of it, told me that unless you wash your tires weekly like its a religion the white will be dirty constantly. hope I was a little bit of help.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:42 PM

Well I wash (detail) my truck about once a week anyways. Ha ha. Plus, if you can use an SOS Pad on the lettering if they get dirty, and they will look as good as new!

Old 07-29-2011, 02:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

glad to hear you have a plan! im sure the white walls will look good, I went the lazy route and took the black walls lol
Old 07-29-2011, 02:55 PM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

i have a set of cooper zeon ltz for sale if ur interested pm me
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,