Supposedly Sirius or Chrysler is responsible for mailing out a "Sirius Welcome Kit" with an update disc included. I purchased my truck about 2 weeks ago and have not received any such kit yet. I called and they said they send them out in "batches" about once a week and there is no way to tell who is in what batch... So I did a little searching and found this:
Download the image file here: http://www.mediafire.com/?rjw4hyrcaay958k
Burn the image to a CDR using some burning software like ImgBurn
Then follow these steps:
1. Turn vehicle ignition ON. LEAVE THE IGNITION IN THE ON POSITION FOR THE DURATION!
2. Remove any USB devices from the radio face plate. (I also removed the iPod in the glove box.)
3. Press the VOL knob to turn the radio OFF.
4. Press "LOAD
" and insert DISC (P/N 68141133AA).
Radio Software Update
5. When the prompt "Update from 20.02.01 to 23.04.41
" appears, press "YES
". Radio will restart.
Progress bars will indicate the status of the software update. Upon completion of the software update, the radio will restart. After about 2 minutes, the radio will prompt for a series of additional updates. (This may take longer than 2 minutes and seem like the radio is frozen, just let it sit...)
Travel Link Database Update
6. When the prompt "Update baseline data files on HDD?
" appears, press "YES
Navigation Software Update
7. When the prompt "A new version of software is detected. Do you wish to update?
" appears on the Navigation screen, press "YES
a. When the prompt "PND Update Completed" appears, press "OK".
b. If the message "PND did not update!" appears, your Navigation software is already up to date. Press "OK".Completion
8. When the prompt "Update application software from 23.04.41 to 23.04.41
" appears, check the version numbers.
a. If the version numbers match (i.e. 23.04.41), press "NO". Radio will complete the update procedure and restart.
b. If the version numbers do not match, perform the Radio Software Update section again.
9. When the prompt "Update baseline data files on HDD?
" appears, press "CANCEL
" (bottom right corner of screen).
10. Press "LOAD
" to remove the DISC and return the DISC to this protective envelope. Press "LOAD
" again to close the screen.
Software Update is Complete