DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > 2014 Dodge Ram - Member Of The Month! > MOTM ARCHIVES > 2011 Dodge Ram - MOTM - Archives

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 07:41 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:3930
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2011 June - Dodge Ram Member Of The Month

Congratulations to our June Winner !!

E.L.D. 44

And now a word from your winner.....

Wow! Where do I begin? I guess first off a huge thank you to everyone who voted. I am relatively new to the site and it means a lot to even be nominated for MOTM much less win.
I guess first to introduce myself. My name is Dustin, I'm 28, and live in Oklahoma City. I was never a brand loyal guy before. I liked what I liked and it wasn't decided by what emblem. BUT this Ram has changed that view forever! This is the second Dodge I've owned. I had a 2001 Dakota that I loved and was probably my favorite truck until I got my Ram. Dodge has definitely brought the fight to the streets and they are winning! When I'm not hunting for the next mod I enjoy golf, fishing, pool, and working on cars of all kinds. I wish there was more to tell. I am a pretty boring guy. Work, eat, sleep, and somewhere in between find some time to have some fun.
Some of you know my story, but for those that don't, my truck started with the passing of my father on September 23, 2010. My screen name, E.L.D. 44, stands for my dads name, Ernie Lawrence Downs, and his number, 44.He had been sick for a long time, but had fought so long I thought it was all behind him. It really caught me off guard when he passed away and I struggled to cope with it. After the dust settled I wanted to do something to memorialize him in our friends/families hearts. When my dad passed away he owned a 2005 white dodge ram, which I gave to my younger sister. Both of my uncles also own white dodge rams. I thought that this would be the perfect opportunity, so I set off to trade in my truck and buy a white Ram. I had looked at the Rams the year prior so I already knew what I had in mind. I printed off a build sheet and took it to my local dealer and said find it. On November 17th I took possession of "Finishing Touch" and the hunt for the perfect tribute started. I have done a ton of things to the truck in a short amount of time and I have this site to thank for most of it. My first step in the journey was to join this site. I was actually a member when my truck was in transit from a dealer in TX. I didn't want to do something that wouldn't look good or that I wouldn't be happy with so I started early I would search the threads for hours and hours trying to brainstorm. When I found something I wanted to do, I looked for all the different ways I could do it and pick the best one for me. This forum is a great research tool and sounding board. You can see someone else's ideas with your exact same truck and you don't have to guess at what the outcome will be. Many of my ideas have been borrowed from members on this site, and hopefully some of my custom mods have done the same for other members searching for that perfect piece of the puzzle. When I needed help with tires, I came here. When I wanted to start on the stereo, I came here. This site seems to thrive on helping the other members where so many other sites seem to be more about social networking. That's what really sets the Z apart. Every member seems to get more enjoyment out of helping someone else than out of showing off their ride. Hopefully, I can continue that with my membership on this site and help everyone else the same way I have been helped. Without the Z, I wouldn't be anywhere near the point I am with my truck and I can never express how much I appreciate that. Thanks again guys! There are many other forums out there, but only one Z!

Like what you see? Support this fine site!

Go here for great how-to's and make sure you know the rules!

Make sure you show off your Ram by posting pics in the GALLERY!!

L.O.B.

Sponsored links
Old 06-30-2011, 08:07 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Custom
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:1648
dodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant future

Congrats Dustin! WTG! Awesome write up and beautiful ride!

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD.....lightly modded

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 #3560.....lightly modded
2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon....lightly modded (yeah right, it's a Jeep!)
2010 Jeep GC SRT-8.....lightly modded
Old 06-30-2011, 08:07 AM

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT Quad Cab
Color: Black
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
Rep:869
jcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to behold

Congrats, Dustin!!! The fact you dedicated your truck to your father like you did is amazing. You deserved this win for being such a stand up guy and having such an amazing truck.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:25 AM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2463
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

A big congrats for your MOTM win, very deserving. Also enjoyed your write-up and you have certainly done your father proud. Reps to ya and welcome to the MOTM club ...
Old 06-30-2011, 08:31 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1443
916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of

Congrats Dustin! Definately well deserved win! The orange badge will look good!
Old 06-30-2011, 08:42 AM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

Congrats Dustin, nice write up, glad to have you with us on the ForumZ

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 06-30-2011, 09:09 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram CC 4x4 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:388
E.L.D. 44 is just really niceE.L.D. 44 is just really niceE.L.D. 44 is just really niceE.L.D. 44 is just really nice

Thank you everyone. I have said it before, but it really means a lot to be chosen being such a new member! As a sidenote, today would have been my dads 50th birthday. Thanks to all you who voted and gave him a birthday present. All of this is for him after all. Hopefully dad is smiling up there in heaven, and if I know him, with a big piece of cake in front of him. Ha ha.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=87541
Old 06-30-2011, 09:31 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulation Dustin!
A well deserved badge and a great writeup.

Being your father's 50th birthday makes this a perfect mod to an already incredible tribute. I'm not one for coincidence, so see this more as a sign of approval for your dedication to your family and for the respect you have shown your father.

I look forward to your future posts and involvement here.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 06-30-2011, 12:44 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn quad cab
Color: Bright White
Rep:112
Jixer will become famous soon enoughJixer will become famous soon enough

Great story, Dustin!! Very well done, and an awesome tribute to your Dad......Congratulations on your award!!!

Dave

K&N series 63 CAI - 22" Magnaflow muffler - MyGiG Lockpick V.4 - Rhino spray in bedliner - Truxedo LoPro tonneau cover - front and rear view cameras - side steps - tow hooks - skid plates - slush mats
Old 06-30-2011, 01:26 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram QC 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:166
Wildcat has a spectacular aura aboutWildcat has a spectacular aura about

What a powerful story. I am sure you dad would be very proud of what you have done in his honor.

Congrats on the MOTM!!!