DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-24-2011, 07:46 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep water blue pearl coat/Light Graystone Pearl
Rep:13
gysnst2 is on a distinguished road

Awesome the update fixed most of the streaming audio. Now when I am watching a movie the audio is a bit out of syn. But other than that the update worked flawlessly.
I received the travel link update about a week ago. And it did not give me travel link? Wtf! Should I contact dodge customer service or try to alloy the update again.
AVS bug guard, Mopar rubber mud flaps, Mopar vent visers, Snugtop cap, Remote tailgate lock, 392 LS, VHT tail lights, 9" LCD headrests, Debaged sides, tinted 20% front 35% rear, cabin air filter mod, topguncostumz 2,25 rear lift coils, bilstein 5100 set at 2.8, and bilstein 5100 rear shocks
Sponsored links
Old 08-26-2011, 09:44 PM

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

The reason for the audio to be out of sync when watching a movie is because you are watching the movie in real time, the audio has to be sent to the Uconnect thru BT, then processed into a supported file, sent to the radio and then to the speakers.
This is similar to when you go to a concert and you are listening to the radio station supporting the concert but when you are driving up with the windows down, one ear hears the real time audio thru the radio and then the delay in the parking lot area.
I'd try calling the (loosely put) customer service to see if they can help. If not then please PM me and I'll see if I can try to help (I can't gaurantee anything but I will definitely try to help).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysnst2 View Post
Awesome the update fixed most of the streaming audio. Now when I am watching a movie the audio is a bit out of syn. But other than that the update worked flawlessly.
I received the travel link update about a week ago. And it did not give me travel link? Wtf! Should I contact dodge customer service or try to alloy the update again.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:52 PM

Can you please tell me what phone you have and also the android version? Have you recently performed a SW update on the phone? Have you actually looked at the module and saw that it is an "AK" part? I ask this because I don't think that the "AK" parts started being used until May 2011 (I'll look into this).
The "AK" module is the newer module and is the level that the SW update takes the "AG" module to.
Another thing is that there is an addendum being added to the TSB to support Vehicle build dates up to June 1st 2011 and without the "AK" module.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqpokalipze View Post
"NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built prior to April 18, 2011 **my build date is 4/11** (MDH 0418XX **my MDH 041109**)
equipped with UCONNECT VOICE COMMAND W/BLUETOOTH without 730N or 735N ir 731N or am/fm/cd mp3 nav radio. **I have the 430 RBZ**

the only symptom i have that matches what is on the tsb is the skip sound during streaming. That with an android and it is intermittent
I am also experiencing. No volume control during some streaming sessoins, unable to stream without multiple attempts at connection, unable to answer phone from touch display.

my part number is 05064735Ak and they list a group of part numbers including 05064735AF/AG

so as far as they are concerned I'm good.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:41 PM

Does any one know why the texting feature still doesn't work.

I have an iPhone 3g
AVS bug guard, Mopar rubber mud flaps, Mopar vent visers, Snugtop cap, Remote tailgate lock, 392 LS, VHT tail lights, 9" LCD headrests, Debaged sides, tinted 20% front 35% rear, cabin air filter mod, topguncostumz 2,25 rear lift coils, bilstein 5100 set at 2.8, and bilstein 5100 rear shocks
Old 08-27-2011, 10:43 PM

Xs you have a good point. About the movie having a delay. If on planed on watching movies in my truck in would make a big deal about the voice being off sync. But I probably will never watch a movie. Now you tube that's a different story. That seems to bE in sync.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:04 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Color: Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:31
BC18471 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysnst2 View Post
Does any one know why the texting feature still doesn't work.

I have an iPhone 3g
+1
I have the HTC Evo and thought it was just the droids. I figured the iPhones would work. Would be nice if the truck was able to connect to the HU via the USP port like the iPhones so we can control it from the truck. =/
Custom Katzkin leather, Magnaflow 14" with Y, Mopar CAI, Moroso Catch Can, 180* t-stat, Switchback Front turn signals, All LED lighting, Kenwood DNX6180, Cabin air filter, Smoked Tails and 3rd, Audiovox backup camera
Old 09-11-2011, 10:55 PM

The reason why texting does not work is because the phone does not support the SMS Bluetooth profile. There are only a few older phones that support SMS texting. Your phone can send and receive text messages but not thru Bluetooth. It is a supported feature by Uconnect but not by most phones that I have seen in the last year. Most phone manufacturers are spending R&D $ in a new profile that will be coming out in 2012 vehicles, called MAP (message access profile) Uconnect will support this profile. The problem for 2011 vehicle owners is that the 2011 Uconnect module does not have the hardware or software to support MAP. If this is a feature that your new phone may have and you would like to have it, you will be able to upgrade your module. The other thing that the 2012 module will have is a higher bit pool rate for streaming audio, so it will sound a lot better also.
Back to the texting from the radio. When you receive a text you will get verbal and visual confirmation of it, you will press the uconnect button and say "text message, read". Uconnect will read the message to you, however you can't reply back the way you would if you were sitting at work. You will be able to send 1 of 20 recorded messages such as:
yes
no
call me in 10 minutes
LOL
I love you
I need more directions
and a few more that I can't remember off hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC18471 View Post
+1
I have the HTC Evo and thought it was just the droids. I figured the iPhones would work. Would be nice if the truck was able to connect to the HU via the USP port like the iPhones so we can control it from the truck. =/
Old 09-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 3500
Trim Level: Slt outdoorsman
Color: Blue
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
lextorhazzen is on a distinguished road

Email the people that sell the lock pick maybe that device will let you do that. Only problem is it is a pricey fix if it will do what you want
Old 09-12-2011, 09:37 PM

WELL HERE WE GO AGAIN::::: if you have an ipod or iphone,
please do not do the 4.3.5 update till i can test it. I have just been told by another person that I had helped out with the Uconnect update that there is a new problem with this update. I will be testing it and let you know more soon.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:05 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
954rrmike is on a distinguished road

Hi guys I am picking up my new 2011 ram tomorrow with the 430N. I have a iphone4, should I ask the dealer if they can update the system or wait till there is a fix on here? How do you get the update disc? I want my phone to work with all the awesome features the stereo has.