DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Heating & Cooling

Notices

Heating & Cooling 4th Gen Dodge Ram Heating & Cooling Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2007-???? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:10
littlebugpaint is on a distinguished road
Default Air Conditioner

Does anyone else have this problem? Every once in awhile, my a/c seems to cut off and then gradually come back on. It is always right at first when I have just started the engine and started driving. I usually always run mine in sync mode and regulate the fan speed by using the temp control. I'm not sure if it is part of the sync thing or what. Just curious if anyone else had this problem. Also, the other day, my air cooled seat on the driver's side wouldn't stay on. It kept cutting off when I hit the button to turn it on. Not sure what that was about either. I know that the heated seats will turn off after awhile to keep the motor from burning up, but didn't think that would happen with the air cooled portion.
Sponsored links
Old 08-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Woo Pig Sooie!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Color: White
Rep:95
Razorbass will become famous soon enough

No problems with mine. Might want to have that checked out. In this heat wave, not having A/C would be very bad.
2011 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4, skid plates, 3.92 gears, Magnaflow cat back, spray-in bed liner, debadged, Bakflip F1 tonneau cover, WeatherTech liners & deflectors, K&N drop-in filter, 20% tint, Sickspeed carbon fiber antenna
Old 08-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mineral Grey Metalic
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:41
Lothario80 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebugpaint View Post
Does anyone else have this problem? Every once in awhile, my a/c seems to cut off and then gradually come back on. It is always right at first when I have just started the engine and started driving. I usually always run mine in sync mode and regulate the fan speed by using the temp control. I'm not sure if it is part of the sync thing or what. Just curious if anyone else had this problem. Also, the other day, my air cooled seat on the driver's side wouldn't stay on. It kept cutting off when I hit the button to turn it on. Not sure what that was about either. I know that the heated seats will turn off after awhile to keep the motor from burning up, but didn't think that would happen with the air cooled portion.
I've experienced this twice with my a/c both times within the first 5 minutes of driving. Not sure what to make of it. No problems with the cooled seats other than they don't cool my hind quarters nearly enough
Old 08-04-2011, 04:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2007-???? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:10
littlebugpaint is on a distinguished road

Thanks Lothario, glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem and it is within the first 5 min. of driving. LOL, I agree on the cooled seats!!! I think it must be a computer issue.