DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Cool Vanilla
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:63
MoparMadness08 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHorn 4 Life View Post
Wow 1500.00 for that? You can get a 6" lift for that price lol.
I think they are on something while pricing their products.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Briliant Black
Rep:463
BigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparMadness08 View Post
I think they are on something while pricing their products.
agree wow
Old 08-07-2011, 12:18 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: ST
Color: Blue
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:25
pitt gsxr is on a distinguished road

To each their own. Its your truck and no one elses so do whatever the heck you want to it! On that point tho, I do not see the point of spending the $$ on a 9" lift and 40" tires on something that you will not be taking off road. If you want "the look" do something a little less extreme IMO.

I plan on putting a 4" lift on my 2011 QC and while it wont be a weekend warrior off road it will see trails and mud pits from time to time, not to mention I work construction so my truck sees more than pavement on a regular basis.

Just my .02 and like I said in the beginning... Its you're truck, as long as YOU like it, who cares!
Old 08-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

BigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt gsxr View Post
To each their own. Its your truck and no one elses so do whatever the heck you want to it! On that point tho, I do not see the point of spending the $$ on a 9" lift and 40" tires on something that you will not be taking off road. If you want "the look" do something a little less extreme IMO.

I plan on putting a 4" lift on my 2011 QC and while it wont be a weekend warrior off road it will see trails and mud pits from time to time, not to mention I work construction so my truck sees more than pavement on a regular basis.

Just my .02 and like I said in the beginning... Its you're truck, as long as YOU like it, who cares!
I agree but i don't have 40's under my 9" lift lol.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:02 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Ram Big Horn 4x4
Color: Silver
Rep:27
unrealtrip is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt gsxr View Post

FWIW Some people want to look like four wheelers more than they want to go four wheeling.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:04 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram Club Cab 2 Door
Color: Midnight Blue
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
Sledneck is on a distinguished road

ya it doesnt make sense to me either. Not trying to be "that guy" or anything i just wont understand why people do it and dont use it.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:14 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Some people like the looks "me". My truck had been in mud but only once. That was enough for me.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:30 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Hemi SLT 4x4
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Stone White
Rep:132
Upstater will become famous soon enoughUpstater will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHorn 4 Life View Post
Some people like the looks "me". My truck had been in mud but only once. That was enough for me.
Amen. Cleaning the underside of a rig you try to keep clean and take care off is an incredible PITA. When I lived in AZ we wheeled with the AZ Virtual Jeep Club, and they are some of the most hard-core wheelers you'll ever find - but most of them shunned mud like the plague. Too hard to get your ride clean afterwards, just not worth the "fun".
Old 08-08-2011, 11:35 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstater View Post
Amen. Cleaning the underside of a rig you try to keep clean and take care off is an incredible PITA. When I lived in AZ we wheeled with the AZ Virtual Jeep Club, and they are some of the most hard-core wheelers you'll ever find - but most of them shunned mud like the plague. Too hard to get your ride clean afterwards, just not worth the "fun".
I have Trail Grapplers 37x12.50x20 and they will sling the mud!! I had mud clogs alll underneith my fender wells and that was a pain alone getting off. After I got back on the road after taking it off road my tires threw mud bor about a mile. If a cop was around he probably would have gotten me for messing the road up haha.

Yup no fun after playing for sure.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:51 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Ram Big Horn 4x4
Color: Silver
Rep:27
unrealtrip is on a distinguished road

So I'm also not trying to be "that guy" either, but having a huge lifted truck that doesn't actually go off road because you don't want to scratch it or get it dirty is like owning a bunch of guns you never shoot because you'd have to clean them. lol In fact, not just guns, but guns you've done a ton of mods to, in order to make them shoot better... I dunno, it is just some logic I can't understand.