DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram Special Edition Models > Dodge Ram R/T


Notices


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 08-06-2011, 11:00 PM
garner's Avatar
garner garner is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Harker Heights, TX
Age: 20
Posts: 972
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram lonestar
Trim Level: Lonestar
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:46
garner is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeHemi57 View Post
As someone who has spent a lot of money on vehicles myself i will give you a little advice before you do buy all those cars, they are a terrible investment i would be putting that money back for college and a house, you don't want to still be living with momma when you're 26 do you?
I won't live with her when I'm 26. I'll be out by the time I'm 18
__________________
2012 Ram 1500 lonestar crew cab
Gone but not forgotten:
First 2011 Ram R/T in Texas
Best time: 14.7402 @87.53 on bald goodyear fortera sl 285 45 22 in 2500 DA. Corrected to 14.301 @ 90.28
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #32  
Old 08-06-2011, 11:59 PM
JoeHemi57 JoeHemi57 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Little Rock
Age: 32
Posts: 28
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2011 Ram R/T
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
JoeHemi57 is on a distinguished road
Default

Yeah ok just think about it the economy is in really bad shape your moms checks may not last forever.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-07-2011, 12:21 AM
garner's Avatar
garner garner is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Harker Heights, TX
Age: 20
Posts: 972
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram lonestar
Trim Level: Lonestar
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:46
garner is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeHemi57 View Post
Yeah ok just think about it the economy is in really bad shape your moms checks may not last forever.
Military retirement and disability checks are guaranteed
__________________
2012 Ram 1500 lonestar crew cab
Gone but not forgotten:
First 2011 Ram R/T in Texas
Best time: 14.7402 @87.53 on bald goodyear fortera sl 285 45 22 in 2500 DA. Corrected to 14.301 @ 90.28
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-07-2011, 02:48 PM
stangallmotor stangallmotor is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sacramento/CA
Age: 27
Posts: 279
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2011 RAM R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:60
stangallmotor will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeHemi57 View Post
As someone who has spent a lot of money on vehicles myself i will give you a little advice before you do buy all those cars, they are a terrible investment i would be putting that money back for college and a house, you don't want to still be living with momma when you're 26 do you?

You and me both man, I spent way to much money on cars and motorcycles. I bought a new Yamaha R1 and only had it for 6 months and I totaled it, The bike was completely gone and I only had it for 6 months! I lost out on 12k in six months, no insurance or anything!!! I lost about 20k on my Tundra in 3 years, and I regret buying an R/T, I want a sport QC now, the whole two seater is getting old. SUCKS!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-07-2011, 02:53 PM
garner's Avatar
garner garner is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Harker Heights, TX
Age: 20
Posts: 972
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram lonestar
Trim Level: Lonestar
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:46
garner is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangallmotor View Post
I regret buying an R/T, I want a sport QC now, the whole two seater is getting old.
I feel the same way after last night. 2 guys and 8 chicks doesn't work that well even if you have a bed. Especially since I just checked kbb to see if they had the 2011 ram values and a quad cab slt hemi that I was looking at is worth more than the R/T even though I could've got them for the same price
__________________
2012 Ram 1500 lonestar crew cab
Gone but not forgotten:
First 2011 Ram R/T in Texas
Best time: 14.7402 @87.53 on bald goodyear fortera sl 285 45 22 in 2500 DA. Corrected to 14.301 @ 90.28
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-07-2011, 08:36 PM
E.L.D. 44's Avatar
E.L.D. 44 E.L.D. 44 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Age: 32
Posts: 692
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram CC 4x4 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 5
Rep:388
E.L.D. 44 is just really niceE.L.D. 44 is just really niceE.L.D. 44 is just really niceE.L.D. 44 is just really nice
Default

Garner,

I'm not going to say you are lying because I don't know you. If you are telling the truth, awesome. I would make a couple recommendations for you though. Since, you are trading in yours for a 2012, why not save the money there and get a 2010. You can start modding it right away instead of having to wait on the tuners. With the money you save you could supercharge it. Seems like a better use of 30 grand. The GWI 392s are sick! I would love to own one, but I am still in the same boat as before. If you plan on modding it, why not get a 2010 or 2009 srt8, paint it gwi, stroke it to a 426, and add some other mods for the same price. The hauler you seem pretty set on leaving alone. Go with what you want on that one. Can you afford to go new, sure. But why? You spend an extra 25 grand that you don't have to and can't do anything to them for the time being.

As far as haters go, I'm not saying the kid is gonna get all the stuff he says, but what do we know. I have a 2011 sport cc 4x4 with a mod list a mile long. It's paid off and I just might be buying a Challenger and making it into a cuda conversion for a fun toy because I can. I am 28, not 16, but you don't know me. Why assume that I am lying? If you think he's lying so be it. We are still all here because we love MOPARS. Show some love to the fellow members and quit trying to call bs on everything.
__________________
MY MOD THREAD

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=87541
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-07-2011, 08:56 PM
garner's Avatar
garner garner is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Harker Heights, TX
Age: 20
Posts: 972
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram lonestar
Trim Level: Lonestar
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:46
garner is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.L.D. 44 View Post
Garner,

I'm not going to say you are lying because I don't know you. If you are telling the truth, awesome. I would make a couple recommendations for you though. Since, you are trading in yours for a 2012, why not save the money there and get a 2010. You can start modding it right away instead of having to wait on the tuners. With the money you save you could supercharge it. Seems like a better use of 30 grand. The GWI 392s are sick! I would love to own one, but I am still in the same boat as before. If you plan on modding it, why not get a 2010 or 2009 srt8, paint it gwi, stroke it to a 426, and add some other mods for the same price. The hauler you seem pretty set on leaving alone. Go with what you want on that one. Can you afford to go new, sure. But why? You spend an extra 25 grand that you don't have to and can't do anything to them for the time being.

As far as haters go, I'm not saying the kid is gonna get all the stuff he says, but what do we know. I have a 2011 sport cc 4x4 with a mod list a mile long. It's paid off and I just might be buying a Challenger and making it into a cuda conversion for a fun toy because I can. I am 28, not 16, but you don't know me. Why assume that I am lying? If you think he's lying so be it. We are still all here because we love MOPARS. Show some love to the fellow members and quit trying to call bs on everything.
Reason I'm looking at a 2012 is cause of the 6 speed auto. I could get a 2010 and be able to mod it but I would have to buy the 2011/2012 R/T wheels for it unless the dealer would let me swap. And on the challenger I've driven both the 6.1 and the 392, and I prefer the 392 all around to the 6.1. And on the 3500, the reason I want to get new is because diesels as they get older become more and more expensive to maintain so I want as much of a warranty as possible. Not to mention they hold their values pretty well, like the one I want if I theoretically put 150,000 miles on it in a year(which I won't) would be worth at least $23,000(according to kbb on a 3500 laramie crew cab so 2011 laramie longhorn would be worth even more)
__________________
2012 Ram 1500 lonestar crew cab
Gone but not forgotten:
First 2011 Ram R/T in Texas
Best time: 14.7402 @87.53 on bald goodyear fortera sl 285 45 22 in 2500 DA. Corrected to 14.301 @ 90.28
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Jimbob's Avatar
Jimbob Jimbob is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 52
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2011 Ram
Trim Level: R/T
Rep Power: 0
Rep:22
Jimbob is on a distinguished road
Default

What was this thread about again????
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-10-2011, 10:36 PM
Zevox's Avatar
Zevox Zevox is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: East Palatka, FL
Age: 24
Posts: 154
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Ford Mustang
Trim Level: GT
Color: Race Red
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
Zevox is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbob View Post
What was this thread about again????
^^ made me lawl ^^

On another note, is the 6-speed for the 2012's a *new* transmission or a retuned one? I had heard speculation they were just adjusting the gear ranges in the current tranny and renaming it a 6-speed.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-11-2011, 12:37 AM
RadioFlyer's Avatar
RadioFlyer RadioFlyer is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 60
Posts: 949
Gender: Male
Rep Power: 6
Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
^^ made me lawl ^^

On another note, is the 6-speed for the 2012's a *new* transmission or a retuned one? I had heard speculation they were just adjusting the gear ranges in the current tranny and renaming it a 6-speed.
It's the same 545RFE that you have in your trucks but reprogramed to use second prime as third gear...that's all there is to it. If you manually shift your transmission that you have now, you get the same thing as the new 65RFE...garbage! Second prime as a third gear is too close to second and would not improve 1/4 mile ET. The only good new one is the 66FRE that comes in the Hemi 2500 "ONLY" which has the same gears as the 68RFE that comes with the deisel. We need the 66RFE for our 1500's, that would be awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2012 Sport no longer standard with 430 Media Center farf02 2012 Dodge Ram Forum 16 01-30-2012 11:56 PM
Confirmed: 6 Speed Auto and Ram Box in 2012 chrismeyers2k1 2011 Dodge Ram Forum 9 08-28-2011 02:55 PM
2012 JGC SRT-8...Me WANT... ArmyofOne Other Vehicle Discussion 2 07-16-2011 11:36 PM
2012 Ram orders GTyankee Other Vehicle Discussion 3 06-03-2011 04:18 AM
write up on the new 2012 ram 1500 sirrednexx 2012 Dodge Ram Forum 4 05-20-2011 02:45 PM


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:10 AM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum