DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > Other Vehicle Discussion

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-03-2011, 02:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:327
starquestbd22 is a jewel in the roughstarquestbd22 is a jewel in the roughstarquestbd22 is a jewel in the roughstarquestbd22 is a jewel in the rough
Default My first Chrysler/Dodge vehicle....kinda

Actually, it was a Mitsubishi but they were also sold as Chrysler/Dodge. I miss this car more than any other one I have ever had. Kick my own butt every time I think about it. Sorry for the pic. It was taken with an ancient digital camera several years ago. And no, the blurry buttcrack in the backgound is not mine.

06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.
Sponsored links
Old 08-03-2011, 09:07 PM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

what was it? a Conquest???

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 08-03-2011, 09:49 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Quad Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
farf02 is on a distinguished road

I think the Mits version was the Starion
Old 08-03-2011, 10:58 PM
erm

Starion was the Mitsu, Conquest was the Dodge.

I thought they were cool. I also liked the Mitsu 3000 GT / Dodge Stealth cars.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:19 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:327
starquestbd22 is a jewel in the roughstarquestbd22 is a jewel in the roughstarquestbd22 is a jewel in the roughstarquestbd22 is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, it's an 86 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R, the equivalent of a Conquest TSi. I've owned a couple but this was my favorite and the nicest by far. My cousin got me hooked on them with a black one that he owned (which I totalled...that's another story).

This car was so much fun and was one of nicest Conquest/Starion's I've ever seen. All it needed when I sold it was an engine and turbo rebuild. It was still running strong but had about 150k miles on it and would smoke a little at startup or under hard throttle. I sold it to a guy to buy a motorcycle (which was a HUGE mistake) and he blew it up while racing a 3000GT. It got retired to a field with the back tires swiped to go on his new Camaro. I bought it back out of nostalgia mostly but it was too far gone and too ragged out by that point for my expertise or wallet to fix so I let it go for good.

I would love to have another one but they are getting hard to find. When you do find one it is either a good condition low mileage model priced at $7-8K or more or a ragged out mechanic special. A coworker has one of the latter that I have been seriously considering buying and turning into a V8 project car.

06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.