DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-04-2011, 12:10 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: White
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:88
Taylo1 will become famous soon enough
Default Front Bumper replacement

Anyone have pictures of a replacement front bumper on there 1500? I was thinking of replacing mine with something like a ranchand.
Sponsored links
Old 08-04-2011, 07:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Fire Red
Rep:12
skruface is on a distinguished road

There are lots of nice ones out there, but the choice is limited if you have a 2009-newer Ram. I myself am looking for one, since I just dinged up my OEM one. So far, the only "reasonably priced" full replacement winch bumpers I've found are by Ranch Hand, Go Industries, Peacemaker, and Top Gun Products. I'm leaning towards the Top Gun, as I can get it for $1500, which is almost half the price of Road Armor (keep in mind I live in Canada and shipping is killer). Also, Iron Cross told me that they may come out with a series of bumpers for the 09-11 Rams in the spring (I emailed them last week to find out if they had any plans for this).

Be careful in your research; there's lots of people who have horror stories about bumpers that were badly made, or just plain never delivered. Good luck with your search!
Old 08-04-2011, 10:03 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 2500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2010-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 383hp 400lb/ft (2500/3500)
Rep:49
glcarter is on a distinguished road

Try Buck Stop, we put one on the front of our EMS rig and I am planning on one for my 2011 Ram.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:13 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
HOOAHHemi is on a distinguished road

Years ago I owned a 2001 Jeep Cherokee and I had a Warn winch bar with tubular gill guard on the front. It weighed a ton. Well as the story would go, I was out and had a bit too much to drink and wrecked the Jeep (I know, I'm an idiot for drunk driving) I hit a parked dump truck at about 80mph and it sent the Jeep flipping. The jeep was destroyed except for the bumper which barely had any dents. A friend of mine who ran the salvage yard the jeep was towed to after the accident said that the only thing that kept the engine from coming thru the firewall was the bumper which didn't bend but tweaked the frame of the vehicle. If Warn made a bumper from my '06 1500 I wouldn't think twice about buying it. The quality bumpers are definitely worth the extra money!
6'' BDS Suspension w/ Fox 2.0 rear shocks, Bilstein 5100 adjustable front struts, 17'' XD Addict wheels, 37x12.5R17 Mickey Thompson Deegan 38s, Diablosport inTune, K&N 77 Series intake, Flowmaster 10 Series SIDO, Mag-Hytec diff cover, Rumble Bee hood, one piece aluminum grill, Extang Trifecta.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Fire Red
Rep:12
skruface is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I know I posted this exact same answer in another thread but whatever. Didn't want to re-type the same info. I just bought myself a Tough Country Deluxe bumper this morning for my '11 Ram 1500 ST. Had to special order it. Cost me $1400 and change, installed, out the door. Ordered it from Shawn at Lignit Tire in Beulah, ND (yeah, I know...I'm in Canada. Driving 8 or 9 hours round trip to the US would actually cost me LESS than international shipping and brokerage). It's not listed on Tough Country's website yet because they just finished R&D on it last month, but the part # is DFR1122D if you contact your local Tough Country dealer.

Here's a link to their website with a lot of pics:
http://www.toughcountry.com/new/sear...luxe_dodge.php

I got mine just with the receiver tube and shackle mounts, as I want to mount my winch in a cradle so I can take it off when I'm tootin' around town and won't need it. I also had mine coated with bedliner, as I do a lot of highway and gravel roads (60 miles round trip 5 days a a week) and want to keep it from getting pitted and rusty.

I was also a little worried about front-end sag with a 200 lb bumper and 100 lb winch + cradle on the front end, so I also picked up some Timbren SES Suspension Helpers for the front which should eliminate any sag when the front end is loaded up.

http://www.timbren.com/timbren-appli...s/DF15004B.pdf

It's gonna take a few weeks for my bumper to get built, so in the meantime, I plan on having some Bilstien 5100's installed while I wait.

Pics when it's installed.