This is by far the quickest and safest way to debadge your truck with no damage to the paint.
*Eraser wheel + drill, Can be bought at NAPA or any auto paint shop.
*Few microfiber rags
*Polish compound, I used Scratch-X
*Car soap, wash rag, shammy and water
1. First clean area with soapy water and rinse clean.
2. Use the hair dryer to heat up the emblems, I would recommend only 30 seconds per emblem with dryer set on high heat.
3.While emblems are still warm remove with dental floss with a slow and steady sawing motion while pulling the dental floss forward against the truck.
4. Now you will have the emblems removed and be left with the double sided tape stuck to the truck. Use the eraser wheel attached to the drill. I recommend a medium speed and hold eraser wheel at 60 degree angle. Slowly push the eraser wheel up the tape and it will remove everything with ease. PLEASE BE CAREFUL TO NOT USE THE ERASER WHEEL IN ONE PLACE TO LONG AT THIS MAY DAMAGE PAINT?
5. Wash area again with soapy water, rinse, and dry.
6. After you remove the tape there will be residue still left on the truck, soak area with Goo Gone and wipe clean. You may have to do this a couple times.
7. Wash area with soapy water, rinse, and dry.
8. Apply polishing compound to area, I used the drill with the eraser wheel attached to make a ghetto buffer by placing a microfiber cloth between the truck and eraser. It worked great. Now everything should be good to go!
Sorry no before pics, didnt take any
Tools needed minus car washing stuff
After removing the RAM 1500 emblem, Notice my girlfriends little dog!