DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Front passenger wheel.

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Screamintrashcan 
#1 ·
Recently my front passenger tire has been sitting out quite a good bit. Alignment and rotations on fix it temporarly. So I replaced the U-Joint and it fixed it for about 2 months. Then the other night I was driving to work and noticed my steering was real bad off and it was shaking more than normal (it shakes till I get up to about 55mph havent figured that one out either). Well when I parked I check both front tires. My steering wheel was sitting almost sideways but my driver side tire was pointing straight and my left tire is now turned a slight bit out. All the ball bearings were replaced about 5 months ago. But also come to think of it nothing was really wrong with that tire until I had to have the passenger leaf spring replaced. Help?

#2 · (Edited)
Hi, I'm not sure I have an answer - so how about a :icon_bump: Have you had the tie-rod ends checked and had a full alignment done?

Brittany, How about using the link in my SIG to jump over to the Newbie Checkin to say Hi and post a few photos of your truck?

#4 ·
If one tire is pointing straight and the other is not (if the tires don't point pretty much exactly the same direction), it has something to do with the steering links/tie rods/tie rod ends. I'd recheck them, look over them again to be sure, that's the only reason the wheels would point in different directions....

#6 ·
I 'd be looking at the wheel bearings, they wouldn't show up to an inexperienced aligner, they'd be correcting everything except the problem. jack up both front wheels, one at a time, and roll em around by hand, bent wheel? do they have slop, side to side, or wiggle if you pull on the top in and out??? when you're driving, and apply the brakes, does it pull in either direction, or does the brake pedal jump up and down a little??? Has your track rod been looked at on the drivers side end, when someone is gently turning the steering wheel back and forth, if the ballsocket is moving up and down, theres a permanent fix for it known as "Lukes Link" a really good product sold by a guy out of Colorado, it's also a great permanent fix for the long tierod ballsocket, wish I had invented it, priced very reasonably, only basic tools are required to install it. I don't know of anything else that hasn't yet been mentioned. Remember, the best guarantee of a job being done right, is to do it yourself, or at least properly troubleshoot so you can tell a maintainer exactly what the problem is , and what you have found in looking into it yourself!!! Good luck!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.