DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 3RD Generation Dodge Ram 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 3rd Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-06-2011, 05:25 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Trim Level: SLT
Color: maroon
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
RAMIT503 is on a distinguished road
Default aftermarket cd player install, need help please

i have a 04 ram 1500 SLT. my stock cd player wont play cds anymore so im trying to install a aftermarket one. i have the stock infinity sound system. my questions are how do i get the background peice off the cd player area to get the cd player out? also i heard that a aftermarket cd player might not work because the infinity sound uses a seperate am for each speaker. is this true and if so how do i hook the aftermarket cd player up? PLEASE HELP i cant stand another day of no music and only the radio, any help at all would be GREATLY appreaciated. o and i just joined the forumz today but i will try to post some pics of my truck ASAP. THANKS
Sponsored links
Old 08-08-2011, 01:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Inferno Red Pearl
Rep:743
RedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to behold

Hi, I'm not sure I have an answer - so how about a

Welcome to the site and I hope you drop by the Newbie Checkin and introduce yourself to the rest of the gang. We like photos so be prepared to post some!
Old 08-10-2011, 01:37 PM
LenP

Don't know if it's anything like the 2005, but it was dead nutz simple to swap out. I had to buy a wiring harness adapter and a faceplate.

All I had to do was remove the four speed-screws holding the CD player in the dash, disconnect the antenna and wiring harness. Hook up the new harness, plug the antenna into the aftermarket deck and screw the four screws back in.

That's it. Hopes this helps.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:22
Dingo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenP View Post
Don't know if it's anything like the 2005, but it was dead nutz simple to swap out. I had to buy a wiring harness adapter and a faceplate.

All I had to do was remove the four speed-screws holding the CD player in the dash, disconnect the antenna and wiring harness. Hook up the new harness, plug the antenna into the aftermarket deck and screw the four screws back in.

That's it. Hopes this helps.

My 03 was exactly the same way but i needed the antenna adapter too. I actually love how Dodge designed their dash. Makes it easy to add a lot of stuff.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:55 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: None right now
Rep:11
camoman214 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, my 02 Ram stereo installation was insanely simple. I'm not sure on your truck, but on my 02 there were two screws that held the panel on under the steering wheel. Take those two screws out and pull the panel down a bit, then remove the screw on the hook/hanger thingy on the dash just right of the cup holder and then the plastic bezel around radio and HVAC controls pulls right off. It easily clips back into place.

To install the stereo I got a wiring harness, single din install kit and antenna adapter. Oh and I heat shrunk all my butt connectors on my wiring harness. Very professional install I'd say.