DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
keldrick1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to keldrick1
Default Best Bed Cover for the Money

Okay so I just recently picked up my '11 Ram Laramie Longhorn. I was actually replacing my Yukon Denali XL. Now I kinda miss having the interior storage space so I am looking at getting a cover for the bed of the truck. I am looking for a cover that is easily accessible, can be removed fairly simply, durable, and looks good. Help me out guys!!!

Sponsored links
Old 08-07-2011, 05:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 RAM 1500 SLT C.C.
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:946
Juice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to behold

Check out the Extang Revolution.

Justin
Black Mamba- Flowmaster 40 series, Airaid CAI, 20% tint, GTO taillight covers, ATA nerfs, AVS in-channel ventvisors, Curt hitch receiver, Extang Revolution Tonneau, EZ-down tailgate damper, Recon smoked 3rd brake light, Custom painted engine cover

Black Mamba's Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
keldrick1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to keldrick1

That looks sweet. What's the price? Did you install it yourself?
Old 08-07-2011, 10:44 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Sport Ram Hood
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:516
Bordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of lightBordin is a glorious beacon of light

Got a Tri-fold had the dealer install it before I picked the truck up. Got it for 600$. Its an extang solid fold
http://extang.com/docs/solidfold.html
Very durable comes off in seconds, latches down near the cab and he last panel as easy pull/snap/lock handles underneath.
I personally laid on this before to put decals on my rear window, it can hold 200+ pounds without denting.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:47 PM

Rep:13
Grumpy is on a distinguished road

Best "bang for your buck" is Undercover. Hard cover (better security than a soft vinyl cover), you can stand on it, you can install or remove the cover in less than 60 seconds, has a bedlight and is around $700 (except for the model that has to be painted).
Old 08-09-2011, 03:02 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

I don't like the hard covers because I wouldn't be able to get my motorcycle in the bed....I plan on getting the (I think it's Access) cover, they have several, but all are basically the same with slightly different options and warranties. The one I want has lifetime warranty, it is a soft cover that rolls up out of the way(can fit the bike in the bed) and it also locks (I understand you could cut through it, but if someone REALLY wants in, they could get through your hard cover also). It uses velcro not snaps on the sides, so you just roll it up takes seconds. I think it is around $400...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:40 PM

Juice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by keldrick1 View Post
That looks sweet. What's the price? Did you install it yourself?
Yeh, it's a nice cover. I believe I paid around $400 for it. It has a lifetime warranty, rolls all the way to the cab, and instead of using velcro or snaps (both suck) it uses latches along the rails that lock the cover in place about every foot or so. But, the reason why I like it so much is because it has a really low profile. You can also remove the whole cover in less than a minute. Another reason I like it is because it locks with the tailgate. And, yes I installed it myself. Really simple install.

Justin
Black Mamba- Flowmaster 40 series, Airaid CAI, 20% tint, GTO taillight covers, ATA nerfs, AVS in-channel ventvisors, Curt hitch receiver, Extang Revolution Tonneau, EZ-down tailgate damper, Recon smoked 3rd brake light, Custom painted engine cover

Black Mamba's Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 04:43 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Yeh, it's a nice cover. I believe I paid around $400 for it. It has a lifetime warranty, rolls all the way to the cab, and instead of using velcro or snaps (both suck) it uses latches along the rails that lock the cover in place about every foot or so. But, the reason why I like it so much is because it has a really low profile. You can also remove the whole cover in less than a minute. Another reason I like it is because it locks with the tailgate. And, yes I installed it myself. Really simple install.
I'll have to check this one out too, the only thing I didn't like about the Acces brand was the velcro would wear out eventually...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:56 PM

Rep:13
Grumpy is on a distinguished road

Access covers are very good roll up covers, the Access Lorado is the most popular. Lifetime warranty on frame and vinyl, can't beat that!

The Extang Solid Fold is a pretty good cover. The slight cons are that it's not very low profile and the seals are a bit wimpy for a tonneau cover.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Access covers are very good roll up covers, the Access Lorado is the most popular. Lifetime warranty on frame and vinyl, can't beat that!

The Extang Solid Fold is a pretty good cover. The slight cons are that it's not very low profile and the seals are a bit wimpy for a tonneau cover.
IMO tri-folds suck because they take away space in the bed. When they are folded all the way it takes about a foot or so of bed space. While a roll up gives you access to the entire bed.

Justin

Black Mamba's Thread