DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires

Notices

Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires General discussion related to wheels and tires.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-13-2014, 05:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 1996 dodge ram 1500
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:10
Mainewoodshunter is on a distinguished road
Default Hi new here questions about 96 ram tires rims

I just bought a 1996 dodge ram 1500 5.9 4x4 for 800$ 160k motor sounds nice not even a tick. oil looks good. radiator is cracked. body.... looks like a work truck. thermistat is stuck closed or cloged. Transmission fluid looks black..... does shift good though. 4x4 works with a little arm work with the shifter. Now the question I had. I have a brand new set of 31s on jeep rims bfg ta kos to be exact. I was hoping some one could tell me if I can fit a 15 inch steel rim on this truck or am I stuck with finding new tires? Also where I might be able to buy a cheap set? Im not into shiny rims that spin or whatever. just a beat up redneck tuck im not looking for anything fancy. Thanks guys

Last edited by Mainewoodshunter; 03-13-2014 at 10:17 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 03-14-2014, 12:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2005 QC 4X4 HEMI RAM
Trim Level: Thunder Road
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:396
hydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nice

Welcome to the forumz from Penobscot. Whoa, black transmission fluid? Those older Ram transmissions need a little love. Before doing anything, I'd drop the fan, clean the magnet, replace filter and fluid and maybe even get a flush. Fluid should be nice red color. Friend of mine just had his old Ram's trans fail at 208,000 miles, never serviced it. Next you probably should flush radiator and replace thermostat. One way to find out about the rims, try em, but 31" dia might be a mite small. If you get a chance this spring, come to Winterport Dragway, I hope to stomp a few Fords and GM trucks.
Inertia Spartan Plus cam, Circle D 3,000 rpm stall converter,Sonnax line pressure booster, Vararam, JBA's with cut outs, Borla duals, Rancho 9000's,3:92's, extra rear leaf. 200,000 miles To Hell and back. 14.2/96 mph NEDW
Old 03-16-2014, 12:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 1996 dodge ram 1500
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:10
Mainewoodshunter is on a distinguished road

Yea I plan on doing a swapping out of the transmission fluid changeing the filter and adjusting the bands. maybe changing out some inards. The radiators shot and its the original water pump. I happen to have a spare waterpump ( I own a jeep with a 5.2 and another with a 5.9). So I ordered a whole new cooling system. I think this summer im going to rebuild the motor. Im thinking Ill put some new gears in the diff aswell. Ive got to strip her down and undercoat her as soon as it warms up. Ive got alot on the list. the salt up here eats cars. my rockers looks like cookie monster got ahold of them. but you know all about it you live about 2 hours south of me.

Last edited by Mainewoodshunter; 03-16-2014 at 01:02 PM.