DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > 2014 Dodge Ram - Member Of The Month! > MOTM ARCHIVES > 2011 Dodge Ram - MOTM - Archives

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 04:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:514
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJet View Post
..We all spend countless hours taking care of business and when things don't go the way you all think it should we get attacked. Sometimes it is a thankless job us staff do out of the love we have for the Z, so before you get angry with us...

Wow! I was never angry or intented an hostilty towards anyone.

If anyone mistook my "inquiries" as an angry attack I can assure you it was not, and no reason in my mind for anyone to get so defensive.

I rely soley on PM here for member communication as I prefer my main email account remains spam free by registering with a temporary one created just to get registered and never/rarely use it again.

If it's so much trouble, I choose at this time to respectfully decline any future nominations by my fellow members.
Please add me to the list of "Non-Eligible by members choice" list.

I guess this will be my last visit to this section,
I wish to also delete my photos that I uploaded to the gallery now, but it will not let me?

what's the deal with that?

also, I understand that "rules are rules"
by I do question as to why a member, that is rated on his helpfulness and contributions to the forum,
must have pictures of his ram in the galleries...many of the most helpful people I've met in my many years of customizing vehicles for 30 years...neither have a Ram nor pictures of their vehicles as requirement for validation of their true helpfulness or ability to contribute for the better of all invloved.

I'm not questioning why there are rules,
only that some one should seriously look into whether they are truely appropriate
and truely required for the better of the on-line community here.

Peace out.

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP

Last edited by BlackRamHemi; 08-20-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 08-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:3916
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute

My response to you was not meant as an attack back but merely a chance to explain some things. You posted all your pictures after the contest started. I felt like maybe I was being shown I had missed it, which I hadn't. I would never intentionally leave anyone out and take great pains to keep this contest fair, fun and on time. Hence the comments about not tracking down members.

I don't want you to withdraw, that wasn't the purpose. Deleting pics from the gallery can't be done by members as we have found in the past when this happens it can make some threads useless (how-to write ups come to mind).

Please accept my apology for the misinterpretation of my post and obviously mine of yours. I took yours as a kind of attack because you were left out and got the impression you expected to be notified of being nominated. I love what I do here but I don't love when things get on the wrong foot

Like what you see? Support this fine site!

Go here for great how-to's and make sure you know the rules!

Make sure you show off your Ram by posting pics in the GALLERY!!

L.O.B.

Old 08-20-2011, 11:00 PM
erm

Oh for Pete's sake...

Rules are rules is right. Question it all you want. It won't change.

The reason that rule is here, and it's absolutely appropriate, is so the Admins here can get your picture from the gallery quickly for the MOTM contests vs. spending hour and hours searching random threads and posts or sending PM's to everyone nominated and waiting for a response.

Loading them up AFTER the deadline and acting like they were there all the time is dishonest and intentionally misleading. As far as staff is concerned, there's no tolerance for that here.

Your statement about understanding rules are rules then questioning the appropriateness of this one as a method to support your position or deflecting suspicion that your pics weren't really there until later, has no merit and there is conflict within the words, rendering it meaningless.

Did you expect the members here to feel sorry for you after you made the noble decision to be removed from future MOTM consideration? Sorry, it didn't work with me.

So now you want to delete all your gallery pics, too. One more noble action on your part? All it looks like to me is you are going to take your ball and run home.

Staff will honor both of your requests if you are serious and truthful regarding them. Just let us know.

I don't care if you have been modifying vehicles for 4 years or 40 years. Your behavior is what counts. I won't minimize your helpfulness here and how you've responded to the members who have an inquiry. That is the reason you were nominated. However, your behavior in this case may negate the reputation you earned as a good member willing to help out where he can.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Red/Tan
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
GotHemi is on a distinguished road

My vote is in good luck to all nominated.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:19 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:3916
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute

One week left.....get your votes in!

Like what you see? Support this fine site!

Go here for great how-to's and make sure you know the rules!

Make sure you show off your Ram by posting pics in the GALLERY!!

L.O.B.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500 Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:21
11Express is on a distinguished road

Got my vote in, good luck everyone!
Old 08-31-2011, 01:03 AM
Banned

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 2500
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:177
Stangshcky12 has a spectacular aura aboutStangshcky12 has a spectacular aura about

Bump for the last few stragglers, LAST CALL!!
Closed Thread