DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-08-2011, 02:27 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 4x4 Crew
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:147
FormerGorilla will become famous soon enoughFormerGorilla will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzHunter View Post
Could you elaborate on the story about the previous customer? I want the Leveling but the Bilstein vibe issue is keeping me from dropping the cash.
It's not a Bilstein vibe issue. This happens much more often with spacers, just read around the forum and on the web. I for one have the Bilsteins and set them at 1.4". They've been on for around 8-10 months and I've had no issues at all. This vibration on the 4th gens is a very spotty issue at best. It does not happen to all. In fact I'd say that it happens to very few, but it does happen. You are taking a chance any time you decide to change the factory CV angles with spacers or adjustable shocks, but I am glad I did with the Bilsteins and have loved it ever since.
I do hate that Platinum is having this issue, but I also find it weird that the truck was level at the 2.1" setting. This doesn't seem right. There may be some other issue at play, because it should definitely still have a slight rake at that setting. I don't know enough about the specifics of our IFS setup, so I can't offer any suggestions, all I know is that at the 1.4" setting, I am riding with a slight (but not near stock) rake and with no issues. Just my 2 cents.
MODS LIST! -- 20% Tint, Curt Rec. Hitch, Slimline Toolbox, Huskyliner mats, Huskyliner Mud guards, 18" Gear Wheels, 33" Hankook ATM Tires, Bilstein 5100's at 1.4", Ported Foxbox w/2 10" Polk Subs & JL 500W Amp, Mufflex 24" Exhaust, Tow Hooks, Dominator II Step Bars, GatorHyde Spray-In Bedliner
Sponsored links
Old 09-08-2011, 09:13 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ford F150
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:44
thiggins is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinuminjected View Post
well the shop looked at my truck today while i was getting my new tires put on and they said everything is good its all angled good and all that stuff and they are blaming it on the bilstein 5100's and they told me a story about a previous customer so my plan now is to get them to lower them down to the factory setting and im gonna buy a new kit from them

PLEASE tell us their story, it's important that we understand this thing.

Old 09-08-2011, 03:57 PM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

well when my truck was in yesterday getting my new tires but on i told them about my issue and they road tested it and all that good stuff but they checked everything and it was all good....and his conclusion after doing some research was the leveling strut and the misses out front said that they put a metal puck style in a 09 ram 1500 and the dude came back 3 times for similar issue and they decided to change it out for the polyurathane kit and it solved the problem so what my plan to do eventually is to drop the bilsteins down to the factory setting and then add a polyurathane kit to see if that will fix the problem
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Old 09-12-2011, 01:34 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: LARAMIE QQ 4x4 3.92
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:52
AzHunter will become famous soon enough

I bit the bullet guys and got the 5100's and installed them today. Have them set for the 2.1" lift. I have no vibes at all in 2wd. I took the truck into a dirt lot and got it up to 30mph or so and did not notice any vibes either. Off to get it alingned tomorrow.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinuminjected View Post
well when my truck was in yesterday getting my new tires but on i told them about my issue and they road tested it and all that good stuff but they checked everything and it was all good....and his conclusion after doing some research was the leveling strut and the misses out front said that they put a metal puck style in a 09 ram 1500 and the dude came back 3 times for similar issue and they decided to change it out for the polyurathane kit and it solved the problem so what my plan to do eventually is to drop the bilsteins down to the factory setting and then add a polyurathane kit to see if that will fix the problem
At what speed were you feeling the vibes? Also were they small or very noticable?
Old 09-12-2011, 07:15 PM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
At what speed were you feeling the vibes? Also were they small or very noticable?
im not sure what speed it occurs at but its almost right away and its more of a wobble and very noticable
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Old 09-12-2011, 11:28 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
WyGuy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I bit the bullet guys and got the 5100's and installed them today. Have them set for the 2.1" lift. I have no vibes at all in 2wd. I took the truck into a dirt lot and got it up to 30mph or so and did not notice any vibes either. Off to get it alingned tomorrow.
The vibrations only happen in 4wd, unless you're really out of whack with the alignment. Check it out in 4wd after the alignment and see if there are any issues.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

zman9788 is on a distinguished road
Default Leveling Kit Issues

I have a 2010 Ram 1500 4x4 and I had the 2" Mopar Leveling Kit installed by dealer. I get a wobble/vibration while accelerating on dry pavement. You are not supposed to drive with 4x4 on while on dry pavement, but it did not do it before the kit. I took it to a couple dealers and even managed to get through to Mopar. They all said it was normal and nothing can be done about it. I am disappointed, but nothing I can do about it. I like how the truck looks.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman9788 View Post
I have a 2010 Ram 1500 4x4 and I had the 2" Mopar Leveling Kit installed by dealer. I get a wobble/vibration while accelerating on dry pavement. You are not supposed to drive with 4x4 on while on dry pavement, but it did not do it before the kit. I took it to a couple dealers and even managed to get through to Mopar. They all said it was normal and nothing can be done about it. I am disappointed, but nothing I can do about it. I like how the truck looks.
Sad but I think the Bilsteins are way cheaper, still have a 2" lift, have better shocks and I have no vibe at all. I have heard many people with the Mopar lift having the same probs. That sux man.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:47 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Dark Grey Metallic
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
shocker420 is on a distinguished road

Well I was out cruising in the snow yesterday threw it in 4x4 and sure enough got the vibrations, very light but still not good. I know that KORE offroad sells aftermarket high angle cv kits for the 4th generation dodge 1500's which will correct this but they are $800!! May as well save an extra $700 for a 4" lift kit and drop the bilsteins to stock height. It seems like if you want to have even a mild lift and do it properly you gotta spend some decent coin..