DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion Have you had a good experience with your Dodge Ram Dealer? Had a bad one? Let us know about it in here! - Dodge Ram Production Questions - Order Status - VIN Tracking - Etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-27-2011, 02:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 club
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Electric Blue
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:210
sonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura about

I have bought parts for the job before and paid just Labor to have them done.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:13 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Ram SLT, 4wd swb
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:27
HemiEd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by novaken View Post
At least they told you about possible problems before you were torn down and stuck. I have worked in the auto repair industry for over 25 yrs. It was nice of them to give you a heads up on something they know can be a problem. And no, I dont think it is their fault if they break a rusty bolt if they tell you they have had problems before and told you how much it could be. I have thrown people out too that want to fight over silly things. Even called the police a couple times. Just because you serve the public, doesnt mean you are expected to be a punching bag. All you needed to do was turn around and leave. It really is that simple.
I would rep this post if I had any.

It is a 9 year old vehicle, and depending on conditions, a lot of bolts can break. Exhaust, anything in a water jacket, it just works that way.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:42 PM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

that is a pretty harsh thing for him to say to yoou and for him to refuse to work on your truck like that is wrong....if it was me i would write a letter to head office and then start going to anouther dealer if there is anouther one close by
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Old 09-27-2011, 05:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1993 W150/2006 cummins 2500
Trim Level: LE
Color: Red
Engine: 1992-1993 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 230 hp 280lb/ft
Rep:25
PowerRam93 is on a distinguished road

the thermostat bolts on the housing for 4.7's break quite often, ive broken several. never seen a $500 estimate to to drill and tap a bolt. i think my svc manager has always internaled the repair never charged the customer
Old 10-23-2011, 04:59 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: sport
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
goingcrazy is on a distinguished road

I agree with several points made. Your truck is 9 years old and bolts do break. If they are rusted then the chances increase even more.

I didn't witness the argument between you two but I'm sure he didn't just come out and call you an ass for no reason. I agree that emotions got the best of BOTH of you. He made it a point to bring it to your attention that the bolts may be an issue. Do I feel his repair quote was high? Yes but arguing with him gets nowhere. At that point I would have said thanks but no thanks and just left. Some shops do eat the costs when a tech breaks a bolt but when a bolt is rusted and it gets brought up before work starts then the responsibility is shared. You either make a choice to have them risk it or you decline the work. At that point you could have negotiated a labor cost or called other shops for labor rates.

There are many Ford customers with 5.4 engines that hate when they change plugs due to the dreaded broken spark plug. At rates up to $100 per broken plug that tuneup can get costly quick.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:09 PM
Dodge Service Manager

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Crew
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Pearl Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:28
Rutger34 is on a distinguished road

This situation is frustrating for me to read. Why do you think it is the responsibility of the dealership to pay to repair YOUR vehicle when it is NINE YEARS OLD!!!??? It sounds like the person who told you that there is a potential situation that could arise if they replace the thermostat as you requested is just trying to inform you of a potential extra cost up front so you can be educated if the bolt does break and make the decision if you still want to proceed with the repair. You stated that you told the person at the dealer that he was "full of it". How do you expect people to react when you tell that? The dealership has the right to refuse to work on your truck. I am sure that the person at the dealership does not want to work on your truck now because he feels that if the bolt does break on the thermostat, he is put in a lose/lose situation. You can't treat people this way and expect them to just take it. It is a two way street!!!
Injen Power Flow cold air, Truxedo tonneau cover, 3" carbon fiber antenna, Power locking tailgate, tinted front windows. Mopar sidesteps. 3M covering nose. Billet license plate cover, Blue LED interior lights, fully de badged, EZ down tail gate.