DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 3RD Generation Dodge Ram 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 3rd Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-18-2011, 08:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 Ram 1500 4x4 Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:25
06Daytona is on a distinguished road
Default Check gauges light came on

I bought my truck a couple of months ago and the airbag light and low tire light has always been on. The tire one doesn't surprise me because I know I had a couple of low tires but I replaced all 4 yesterday.
Today my low tire light was still on but I thought they might still be a little low since I think they only put 35 lbs in and the tires say 50 lbs. Again, not a big deal.
My engine light has come on a few times and it's always the same code about a minor leak in the fuel system (can't remember the code, but I looked here and it has something to do with the vapor canister) and occasionally my fuel cap warning comes on.
Today my check gauge light came on but all the gauges were still acting normal. I took the truck out a little later and the light came on again. On the way home the truck just died. I checked for codes and the reader said there were no codes. The truck wouldn't start again but my reader said there were only 9 volts in the battery.
I called Auto Zone and they delivered a battery to me. Replaced it and the truck fired right up but the low tire, airbag and check gauges lights are all still on.
I'm not too worried about the airbag light, and I'm going to top up the tires to see if that makes the tire light go off, but I'm a little curious about the check gauges light.
Sponsored links
Old 08-21-2011, 12:49 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Color: Inferno Red Pearl
Rep:743
RedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to behold

Well I don't have an answer but have you tried resetting the PCM? What are the codes?
Old 08-21-2011, 09:26 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Quad Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:10
farf02 is on a distinguished road

Do NOT put 50 lbs in your tires! Do you have aftermarket wheels? I am guessing you are either missing the monitors or have a faulty one!
Old 08-24-2011, 12:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 Ram 1500 4x4 Big Horn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:25
06Daytona is on a distinguished road

I still have the stock wheels but I'm going to have the monitors checked. It turns out that the check engine light was due to a bad alternator. It was charging the battery, but not as much as it should. I replaced it and it solved the problem.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:21 PM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

usually to get the tire pressure light off just put a couple of pounds over 35psi to keep it off and if that dont work your censors are prolly buggered and as for the other codes if you have warranty still bring er in to ur closest dealer and get er checked out
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,