DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 > Exhaust

Notices

Exhaust 5.7 HEMI Exhaust Discussion

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-19-2011, 03:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Hemi sport
Trim Level: Sport QC.
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
wannab is on a distinguished road

You can not go wrong with the full magnaflow system. I love mine installed it in my driveway in an hour on car ramps. Sounds perfect no cutting no bad welds from a shop, looks factory except for the tips.
Exhaust and K+N intake system dropped almost 6 tenths off my 0.60 per my Gtech. 7.07 stock. aftere going to a bigger tire 305 nitto 420's my times are 6.51. same Gtech same road. also this system has no drone.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:14
wvmtb is on a distinguished road

I could go for sell my existing exhaust and only pay a difference of about 250. But How hard is it to sell an exhaust? Who really needs my stock one? Then again if I were to just buy a muffler and have a local shop weld it in I'm not sure what they would charge. I guess I need to go talk to some shops. Guess when time comes to do something I will have to go to a shop and ask them what they would charge. In the time being. Anyone want a stock exhaust? That might be the deal breaker if I could sell it.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:35 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Whatever Dude,

You dont even have a Sport with duals or a Hemi,
...no body wants your 4.7L SLT takes offs LOL!
Wow...I think you're joking around...? lol

From my experience, most people wouldn't go after a stock part when they can just buy the aftermarket. I'm sure selling the stock duals setup would be a heck of a lot easier than selling a stock single system. My truck may not be as fast as yours but it certainly isn't a slug. I'll run right with a gen 3 hemi.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:46 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:539
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

There's plenty of 4G's with a single looking for a cheap dual conversion.
A shop quote will run up to $450 to go Duals with Muffler and Tips

The SLT owner I sold mine to already had a new sport bumper swapped on and was amazed at how much it was going to cost him for a dual conversion.
My like new system was a bargain at $200 to him. ...bet he would have paid more, but I was just happy to unload it.

Search the thread with links I posted, I'm not the only one thats done it...Craigslist or Kijiji are Free!

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP

Last edited by BlackRamHemi; 08-19-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:51 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:539
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

Well Look at what a quick search just turned up...

Someone right HERE on this very forum posted and SOLD his takes offs to a Fellow forum member!

and Better Yet, the nay-sayer snrusnak even KNEW about it because he was posting in the same thread LOL!

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread....ighlight=16869

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP
Old 08-19-2011, 04:00 PM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

I did know about that, and even tipped someone off on the forum that he was selling it. I didn't say it is impossible to sell stock parts, I've sold stock parts off my truck, like my wheels for example, but from my experience I always have trouble selling the parts, and it is a PITA and in my opinion often takes more time than it's worth. It is just something to factor in. When you post that the cat back will cost $250 net, it's very appealing, but that's based on you selling your stock exhaust, which may not happen for months, or at all.

I'm confused as to why you're suddenly posting rudely at me???

Old 08-19-2011, 04:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

If I could have a net cost of only $250. I would probably do it right now. Lifetime exhaust, better tips and getter sound makes it worth the $250 vs the unknown cost of just replacing the muffler and not have the other upgrades. But like snrusnak said. It's a PITA to sell stock parts. Yes it can be done but when and with my luck I would do good to sell it for $50. I've has a OEM bed linner for sale and have listed it all over the place for only 50 bucks and I can't find any takers on it, not even a single email or phone call about it. I'll be lucky to just give it away at this point.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:20 PM

You could get a buyer lined up before you buy the catback, possibly through this forum. I've seen one or two others looking to do sport conversions. Then once that's lined up order your new one.

Old 08-19-2011, 04:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I thought about doing that. If I could buy that exhaust for $450 like BlackRam said and sell my existing one for anything close to 200+shipping. I would probably go that route.
Is discountperformanceexhaust.com a reliable place to buy from and does that price include shipping? I just don't see how they can sell it for hundreds less then everyone else.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Yes it can be done but when and with my luck I would do good to sell it for $50
This is typically my luck with selling parts. The only thing I've sold off any of my vehicles that I think was actually worth my time was my stock wheels off this truck. I think if you posted a FS add on this forum you'd be able to sell yours, just may take a little time/patience, and if it wasn't local you might lose a little more because of shipping...

GL whatever you do. Make sure to post results, we love pictures and videos!