DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion Have you had a good experience with your Dodge Ram Dealer? Had a bad one? Let us know about it in here! - Dodge Ram Production Questions - Order Status - VIN Tracking - Etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-19-2011, 05:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Sport 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deepwater Blue
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
biggin152 is on a distinguished road
Default warranty work leave you without vehicle=BS

Personal opinion here but I think it is bullshit if you have to take a new vehicle back so that repairs can be performed for warranty work and you are not provided a loaner. The stitching in my passenger seat is coming out, Chrysler says they approve the repair but the dealer does not provide loaner vehicles. I told the service manager I thought this was BS and wanted to cancel but once you start a ticket at one dealer and it is sent through Chrysler they will not approve it at another dealer. I'm pissed this was not explained when they took the pics. Anyone else delt with this?
Sponsored links
Old 08-20-2011, 01:07 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Quad Cab SLT
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:27
Mumauber is on a distinguished road

I've had similar problems with my wife's 2010 Journey. There was a recall on the brakes, if I recall correctly, and we had to leave it there all day. That doesn't work well for the wife or I when we both rely on our vehicles for our jobs. We managed to make it work somehow, but it was a nuisance.

2010 Journey R/T
2006 Ram 1500 SLT
Old 08-20-2011, 01:35 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

The way I see it, there are 2 sides to this -

1) The dealer is under no obligation to provide a loaner. If your TV quits working, there is little chance the stereo shop will give you a 'loaner' while yours is being fixed. Same goes for your household appliances.

2) In our modern society, we really depend on our vehicles...and I mean REALLY depend on them. Often, the failure of a vehicle can have a huge fallout both work and family related. IMO, the dealers need to better understand how even a 2 hour repair session can impact some people, and be prepared to offer a 'workable' solution.

Some dealers seem to get this better than others....unfortunately, this is the only area I could see my dealer improving on, as I 'depend' on my vehicle for business, so unscheduled repairs can be a little more than inconvenient.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 08-20-2011, 03:29 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

my dealership must be different from most

if i am to have to leave my Ram at the dealership over night, i get a rental form Enterprise, up to 3 days each time
the only thing is i will NOT take a car, i insist that it is a pickup, they charge me around $25 each day for the truck
Luckily i have my Harley & the dealership has courtesy vans that take you home or where ever & pick you up when your vehicle is ready

Last time i told Enterprise that i wanted a pickup, the gave me a Ford 150, i checked the fluid levels, they asked me what i was doing, it was a quart low on oil. The damn thing was getting close to HOT, i checked the radiator & it looked like someone used it on a ranch for weeks, bugs, Straw, etc. had it plugged pretty much. they wanted to charge me for the dirty radiator. i told them where to place the lubricated dildo.
the tire had a screw in it, & the ash tray was full

they just gave up trying to make me pay for all the repairs, i had only had the pickup for 5 or 6 hours
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 08-24-2011, 09:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Rep:10
novaken is on a distinguished road

Lol...makes me afraid to rent a car now...
Old 08-24-2011, 10:00 PM

Vehicle: 2011 ram 1500 outdoorsman
Trim Level: slt outdoorsman
Color: green
Rep:137
pjs1660 will become famous soon enoughpjs1660 will become famous soon enough

my dealer either provides a rental or takes me to work with their courtesy van and delivers my truck to me at work fixed and washed
Old 08-25-2011, 12:04 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge ram 1500 Hemi
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Deep Sea Water Blue
Rep:156
TORMENTOR has a spectacular aura aboutTORMENTOR has a spectacular aura about

i agree, i dont like the fact that when they need my vehicle for warranty work or a recall, im stuck trying to find my way around. And because i didnt go to the dealer thats in my town to buy (terrible experience) I am out of their driving range for their shuttle van as well. It really does bug me sometimes