DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-22-2011, 10:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad TRX4
Trim Level: trx4
Color: silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
GetItBig is on a distinguished road
Talking My 1st post... Looking for a 6" lift plz help me

So I just bought my very first Dodge ram 1500 quad cab ever. I 'm going to be buying a 6" lift sometime this week and have a few questions. I have already bought 37x12.5r17 mickey thompson baja MTZs and a set of eagle alloy series 197 rims....

So far I have looked at Super lift, pro comp, zone, bds, trail master, and fabtech lifts.

I have found out that only pro comp, BDS, and zone will allow me to fit the 17x9 rims with the 4.5" of back spacing. according to the manufactorer install manuals. I decided not to go with the bds because of the higher price.

The pro comp and zone are both about $1300-1400 online. The only big difference i found so far is i beleive the zone kit comes with new tie rod ends and the pro comp doesnt. not sure what else?

can anyone help me decide what lift to go with and why or if any of the other lifts will work with my wheel tire combo??? if i need too i will add a body lift or do something to clear the 37s properly if they dont after the 6" lift...

im also leaning away from the pro comp lift because one of there reps was very unplesent to deal with on the phone when i called and and wanted to clear up what came in there kit...he told me to go with a diffierent brand and hung up on me. he was also wrong about what the kit came with after i found the install manual on there website.
Sponsored links
Old 08-22-2011, 10:22 PM
erm

The ProComp asshats should receive some of the same service as they give...

Why is the 17X9 wheel with a 4.5" backspacing a limiting factor in your choice? Those are the wheels you have now?

I don't know why those wheels won't fit any lift, especially a 6", as there won't be any clearance issues. Do those kits replace your hubs???
Old 08-22-2011, 10:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Inferno Red Pearl
Rep:743
RedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to behold

Hi and a warm Carolina welcome to the best RAM ForumZ on the web. I'm not the first and won't be the last to ask ~ How about posting a few photos of your truck? I don't have an answer, but hope someone will. Michael has some great questions and points.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

all of the these kits come with the lifted knuckles/spindles... i have read about clerance issues with the inside top edge of the rim hitting the new knuckle from some of the companies replacment spindles... most of the lifts require 18s or 20s not to rub on that top inside lip of the rim ... at least thats what i have read. not sure but the only ram i have seen with the same series 197 wheel and similar tire combo was running a pro comp stage 1 lift.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRam10 View Post
Hi and a warm Carolina welcome to the best RAM ForumZ on the web. I'm not the first and won't be the last to ask ~ How about posting a few photos of your truck? I don't have an answer, but hope someone will. Michael has some great questions and points.
ill try an get a few pics up soon, i left my camera at work and wont be back in the office for a few days

here are the rims http://www.aewheel.com/eagle_alloy_wheels.cfm?id=363# in super finish black

here are the tires http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/t...=BajaMTZRadial 37x12.5r17

also i already bought the seal from the dodge dealer that they say to replace when you put the lift in... if i absolutly have to i will add some 1/4 inch wheel spacers to clear everything if the 4.5" backspacing isnt sticking out enough
Old 08-22-2011, 11:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

the truck looks like this one does
http://images.dealerrevs.com/gallery...hp?id=28166303

the new eagle alloy rims arent on it yet
Old 08-25-2011, 06:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Briliant Black
Rep:463
BigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of light

I have a BDS 6" and I am running 20x10 rims with a -18 offset. I am also running 37's. I can get you a BDS lift cheap if that is what you want.

I don't see where the Zone or procomp comes with new tie rod ends. The difference from Zone and BDS is BDS is powder coated where Zone is not,BDS has braded break lines Zone does not and BDS has a Lifetime warranty no questions asked if it breaks it will be replaced and I don't see any other lift company that does this.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

welcome to the forum!!!
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,