DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-19-2012, 05:32 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

This post is awesome, got some great ideas from SS4, thank you for the break down of LED's. (Your ride looks awesome by the way) And when are we gonna get an update on this big secret project of yours :P And have you tried switching out the lights in the mirrors. I know theres a set of Amber colored for the signals and a set of white when you unlock it. Just think it'd be interesting to switch up the standby lights if I could.
Sponsored links
Old 02-19-2012, 11:07 AM

Vehicle: 2012 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn 4x4
Color: Bright White Clearcoat
Rep:309
SS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDeepWaterBlue View Post
This post is awesome, got some great ideas from SS4, thank you for the break down of LED's. (Your ride looks awesome by the way) And when are we gonna get an update on this big secret project of yours :P And have you tried switching out the lights in the mirrors. I know theres a set of Amber colored for the signals and a set of white when you unlock it. Just think it'd be interesting to switch up the standby lights if I could.

Well my big surprised turned out to mbe more work than i could pull off, and then someone else did it lol. I was in the process of converting my dash lights and it just turned out too be too much at one time.

The mirror lights are a PITA to doo. IT is a sealed housing which means you have to take it out and cut it open to get to the LEDs and then you have to solder them onto the board yourself. I have done it in one mirror and have white blinkers and blue flood lights. Its not easy and i didnt wanna do a write up on it cuz more people will mess things up than have it work

2011 Big Horn 4x4 -SnowWhite-
1 7/8ths catless ARH ceramic coated longtubes - Sport mirrors-55W 5000K HID low and fogs-LED EVERYTHING
Old 02-19-2012, 02:53 PM

InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4Luck View Post
Well my big surprised turned out to mbe more work than i could pull off, and then someone else did it lol. I was in the process of converting my dash lights and it just turned out too be too much at one time.

The mirror lights are a PITA to doo. IT is a sealed housing which means you have to take it out and cut it open to get to the LEDs and then you have to solder them onto the board yourself. I have done it in one mirror and have white blinkers and blue flood lights. Its not easy and i didnt wanna do a write up on it cuz more people will mess things up than have it work
Sounds like it would be a pain, as much as I like the idea of changing the color of my dash from time to time. I may keep that idea on the table but I'll definitely scratch off changing the mirror lights, I really don't want to cut into the lens or try and heep up the glue to pry it off then try and solder some lights in place only to screw it up. Reward doesn't seem worth the effort in that case lol Have you seen anyone do a decent set up to the cup holders? I'm wanting to do something similar to what the Jeeps, Chargers, and 300's have with the LED Rings inside to give a little illumination to them.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:05 PM

SS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the rough

I have contemplated the idea, and i think the hardest part would be making the install clean. I have waterproof LED "rope" that would work perfectly, but you would see the LEDS in the cupholder and imho that would be tacky. It would be cool to take that whole piece out cut the bottom of the sides off and run clear lexan with leds behind them and re attatched everything together and viola you have a clear ring of leds, but that would be a lot of work and might not work out in the end

1 7/8ths catless ARH ceramic coated longtubes - Sport mirrors-55W 5000K HID low and fogs-LED EVERYTHING
Old 02-19-2012, 03:22 PM

Ya I want to avoid the tackyness of it. I've seen someone put an LED at the bottom and another person use the rope style at the bottom as well, and while they worked they just looked like a bad hack job in the end and that's what I want to avoid. Maybe I'll just wait until someone totals their car and then go snag the cup holder out of it once its at the junkyard lol
Old 02-19-2012, 07:15 PM

You could also try a false floor with tinted acrylic and leds underneath

Old 02-21-2012, 09:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT 4X4
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
Lugnut59 is on a distinguished road

Outstanding thread. i already have my dash apart for "renovations" so i may as well do LED's now to avoid pulling it apart again. Thanks SS
Old 02-22-2012, 01:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1999 Dodger Ram 2500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Driftwood
Engine: 2001-2003 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 24-Valve Diesel I6 235hp 460lb/ft (manual and auto)
YetiSlayer is on a distinguished road
Question Help with My '99 2500

Maybe someone can help me with 1999 Ram 2500. I am looking for the lamp numbers for the interior light, some of the odd balls. For some reason they seem to guard these lamp numbers like they are state secrets.
What I am looking for are the numbers for the overhead map light bulb numbers, the cup holder lamp number and any of the other interior and exterior light numbers so that I can order the LED replacements

Thanks guys

It is by Caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts aquire speed, the hands aquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Last edited by YetiSlayer; 02-22-2012 at 02:01 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiSlayer View Post
Maybe someone can help me with 1999 Ram 2500. I am looking for the lamp numbers for the interior light, some of the odd balls. For some reason they seem to guard these lamp numbers like they are state secrets.
What I am looking for are the numbers for the overhead map light bulb numbers, the cup holder lamp number and any of the other interior and exterior light numbers so that I can order the LED replacements

Thanks guys.
Go to a parts store and look for a Repair Manual from Haynes for your truck, that should have them listed. Also some stores have an electronic part finder in the aisles to help you find the lights for your vehicles, much like those used to find wiper blades and headlights. Sorry it's not much help but I don't know that much involving that generation of Ram. See if you can dig up anything under the 2nd Gen section of this Forum. Best of luck!
Old 02-24-2012, 09:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 1996 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: slt
Color: white
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
jprevette is on a distinguished road

is there a way to change the color of the 1996 gauge cluster?\

i was goin send a pm but it wont let me yet