DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-26-2012, 03:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choquette View Post
thank you very much!
No problem, we all have/had those questions. Luckily for you we've all been through the trial and error method so you don't have to
Sponsored links
Old 03-26-2012, 05:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black and Grey
Rep:10
Choquette is on a distinguished road

I have a question, I do not know if I'm in the right section cause its for Leds lights but its leds that I'll put insine my headlights, and fog lights, and ANgel Eyes, I was wondering if I could splice the cable that goes to the cargo light switch and plug my angel eyes and leds to it so that way when I turn on my cargo light on it turns everything ON at the same time!
Old 03-26-2012, 06:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Quad Cab 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: True Blue Pearl
Rep:25
mikeski is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to mikeski

I am having trouble visualizing what you are trying to do. You want to run your cargo lights when you run your LED's and Angel Eyes? Or do you just want to tap the power that goes to that switch to run all the LED's and Angle Eyes?

me...

Morimoto Mini H1 Projector's w/ Digital 55watt 6000k HID's, 35W 10k HID Fog Lights, Blue LED's throughout the interior, Bed and Reverse LED's, Oil Catch Can, 4" vent to stock air box and two beady red eyes. Where will the madness end????
Old 03-26-2012, 07:19 PM

I want to tap to the power that goes out of the switch so when I turn on my cargo light( The light behind the Cab that is with the 3rd break light) I turn on the others lights too! (Nevermind I read that there is always 12V on and it goes with a resistor to the CPU that detects the drop down courant. ANd btw the Cargo lights dont stay on plus than 20min) So I'll need to put another switch or you got an idea what switch I could use that stays on? If I want to put a relay for the led what kind should it be. Im trying to find an alternative to use a switch that Is already existant! I could use one of my Map light to use like a switch for my led and Angel EYes. COuld that work?

Last edited by Choquette; 03-26-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:58 PM

Vehicle: 2012 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn 4x4
Color: Bright White Clearcoat
Rep:310
SS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDeepWaterBlue View Post
Well we could let them go off and have thousands of questions for you to answer, but that's just not very nice lol So I think helping others like you've helped myself and a few others along is the right approach, next time warn me when you go on vacation so I can charge you for my secretarial skills lol
Lol, secretarial skills. Y'all ate hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeski View Post
Where ya been vacationing?...
Haha I've been vacationing to my engine shop. We turned the key on the dyno for the engine in my camaro about a week and a half ago and been having tuning issues/problems that would make the most patient person pull their hair out

2011 Big Horn 4x4 -SnowWhite-
1 7/8ths catless ARH ceramic coated longtubes - Sport mirrors-55W 5000K HID low and fogs-LED EVERYTHING
Old 03-27-2012, 01:57 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie SLT
Color: Intense Blue Pearl
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:37
Pyroboy5000 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choquette View Post
I want to tap to the power that goes out of the switch so when I turn on my cargo light( The light behind the Cab that is with the 3rd break light) I turn on the others lights too! (Nevermind I read that there is always 12V on and it goes with a resistor to the CPU that detects the drop down courant. ANd btw the Cargo lights dont stay on plus than 20min) So I'll need to put another switch or you got an idea what switch I could use that stays on? If I want to put a relay for the led what kind should it be. Im trying to find an alternative to use a switch that Is already existant! I could use one of my Map light to use like a switch for my led and Angel EYes. COuld that work?
you could cut into the park lights. or if you have drl's on your truck you could splice into them. me personally i have a swith in the cab and i have it straight wired to the battery with a 15a fuze. it has been running for at least an hour straight once when driving and the fuze hasnt blown. one really good way you could wire it is to splice into the ignition wire somewhere so that it is on only when the car is running, and you could have a switch on the dash to turn them off if you wanted to.

if it was me, and i wanted them on always, drl or parking light splice. the only reason i straightwired mine, is because i was in a hurry to wire them up and didnt have the time to locate the ignition wire. i kinda want my halos to be independent of the park lights for right now. but if i get the awesome headlights that go with my fog lights, i will wire the halos on the fog lights to the halos on the headlights and hook them into the parking lights.

the parking lights are always on unless you turn all lights off. they come on when the headlights are on. it would probably be best to use the parking lights if these are halos that are in the headlights. that is what ill do eventually when i get halo headlights.

i hope this helps you. good luck.

Last edited by Pyroboy5000; 03-27-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:28 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Glad you brought that up Pyro, why don't you want to splice into your side markers or the fog lights?
Old 03-27-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroboy5000 View Post
you could cut into the park lights. or if you have drl's on your truck you could splice into them. me personally i have a swith in the cab and i have it straight wired to the battery with a 15a fuze. it has been running for at least an hour straight once when driving and the fuze hasnt blown. one really good way you could wire it is to splice into the ignition wire somewhere so that it is on only when the car is running, and you could have a switch on the dash to turn them off if you wanted to.

if it was me, and i wanted them on always, drl or parking light splice. the only reason i straightwired mine, is because i was in a hurry to wire them up and didnt have the time to locate the ignition wire. i kinda want my halos to be independent of the park lights for right now. but if i get the awesome headlights that go with my fog lights, i will wire the halos on the fog lights to the halos on the headlights and hook them into the parking lights.

the parking lights are always on unless you turn all lights off. they come on when the headlights are on. it would probably be best to use the parking lights if these are halos that are in the headlights. that is what ill do eventually when i get halo headlights.

i hope this helps you. good luck.
What is DRL ? I wanted to use an existing switch so I didnt have to drill a hole and put a switch. So I thought the Cargo light would have been a good idea! I could use a relay with the cargo light switch so when I turn on the cargo light I turn on all the leds and the halos. I switch to do All! But I do not know what kind Of relay I should use!
Old 03-27-2012, 04:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Quad Cab 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: True Blue Pearl
Rep:25
mikeski is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to mikeski

This remote would be interesting to wire your accent lights into.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...te_control.htm

Otherwise, just your standard horn relay should do the trick.

Me...

Morimoto Mini H1 Projector's w/ Digital 55watt 6000k HID's, 35W 10k HID Fog Lights, Blue LED's throughout the interior, Bed and Reverse LED's, Oil Catch Can, 4" vent to stock air box and two beady red eyes. Where will the madness end????
Old 03-27-2012, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeski View Post
This remote would be interesting to wire your accent lights into.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...te_control.htm

Otherwise, just your standard horn relay should do the trick.

Me...
Thank You I'll look into that! :P