DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Wheel Scratches?

4K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Swagelok 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
I just bought my 2011 R/T two weeks ago. The 22" polished wheels were all scratched up and dealer said that's how they came from the factory. Is this true? There are fine scratches all over 90% of each rim like someone wiped them down with a dirty rag. The other 10% looks great with no scratches. Does anyone else have these scratches?? Is this really how they come??

#2 ·
I find that hard to believe. I would check the dealership and look at the other wheels and check for scratches. They made have come from the factory like that....then the dealership should have sent them back if they were damaged. Unless the scratches are part of a new appearance group...i would complain until the end.

#4 ·
Demand new ones. Mine were perfect, and still are mostly perfect even after offroading. It takes a lot to scratch these wheels

#5 ·
Post some pics when you can so people can get an idea of the delivered condition of the rims. This is one of mine the day I bought it in April and they were perfect.

#6 ·
Your wheels look great! Thank you all for your input. I will post pics when I can, it's just that the pics I took with my iPhone were outside in the sun and the scratches kinda blend in with the glare. I will try to take more in the shade and maybe with a better camera if I can find one. I called Chrysler directly last Wednesday and was able to get a customer service rep from their Ram division. Cool guy. He said he would email and call the dealership and have them take pictures of my wheels and send them to him so he could see the scratches. So far I haven't heard from the dealership. I'll call him back tomorrow to see what's up. The dealership supposedly has a hi-res camera for these sort of things. If the guy taking the pictures is cool, maybe he will give me copies and I can post them.

#8 · (Edited)
I hit a curb with mine and i used fine sand paper and mothers wheel polish and a buffer came out like new theres no clear coat on them thats just how polished aluminum works use the wrong rag and you'll get fine scratches.Got sick of mine sold them and bought 22'' kmc slides and another thing after about a year or more they will fade and look almost dull

from

to

#10 ·
Do these wheels have clear coat or not? Turns out I do have a lot of fine scratches from mudding and offroading and need to know so I can get a product to remove them

#12 ·
Do you have any products you would recommend to remove light scratches?

#14 ·
They do have clear on them. There is no way Dodge would let the public try to take care of polished aluminum wheels without clear on them. If they didn't have clear your rims would look like crap in no time. Here is a test for all you non believers. Take so aluminum polish to them. If it were bare aluminum your rag would begin to turn black and that area would begin to shine. Try it and let me know if you still think they are bare aluminum.

#15 · (Edited)
Well to not say your wrong i did do that to mine and the rag was black sooooooo but bottom line i did not like them so i get rid of them for black rims

And like i said before i hit a curb and had to fix mine so if they had clear on them when i sanded them it would of f up the clear dont know not saying your wrong not saying your right but all i know is mine did not have clear on them yours might but dont really care they are someone else's problem now and like the rims i got now 100% better

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.