DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-29-2012, 05:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
One thing I have a question about. I ordered the kit from Geno's. The cover fits however the latches on the sides to not click or secure to anything. It feels like it just sits there. The filter is pushed in as far as it can possibly go and the cover seems to ride on it almost. I tried different things but ultimately, even when pushed solidly against the ductwork, the cover does not latch on.
It is the right cover, it is just snug. One side of mine did that but after pushing for a minute I got the other side to click in. It's just very tight. Try getting one side snapped first.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Sponsored links
Old 07-29-2012, 09:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: True Blue Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
yashu is on a distinguished road

Thanks Brad. A totally awesome mod.
It
Old 07-30-2012, 02:26 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Sport Crewcab
Color: True Blue Pearl
Rep:248
LeftCoast has a spectacular aura aboutLeftCoast has a spectacular aura aboutLeftCoast has a spectacular aura about

Mine clicked in nicely. Had to give it a bit of a push to get the filter in and for it to click, but not hard at all.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:39 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardware View Post
.....The cover fits however the latches on the sides to not click or secure to anything. It feels like it just sits there.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
It is the right cover, it is just snug. One side of mine did that but after pushing for a minute I got the other side to click in. It's just very tight. Try getting one side snapped first.
They don't 'click' into place easily and the catches work backward from what you would normally think. Squeeze them together to latch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashu View Post
Thanks Brad. A totally awesome mod.
It
Thank You!

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 07-30-2012, 04:57 AM

Vehicle: 2012 2500 4x4 Crew-Cab
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black over Grey
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:31
Hardware is on a distinguished road

To clarify, do the latches on the cover have to be pushed inwards, towards the filter or outwards, away from the filter to lock in place?

It appears to me they need to go inwards, so I tried gently flexing inwards.
MODS: BAKFlip F1; Head Rack; WeatherTech mud-flaps, vent visors & bug deflector; Cabella's rear seat cover; cabin air filter; Geno's Grill Quick Release Kit, PIAA Xtreme headlamps (Highs, Lows and Foglamps), WeatherTech DigitalFit Floorliners.

Last edited by Hardware; 07-30-2012 at 05:10 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:51 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

^I don't remember I want to say they "click" inward (toward the filter). It's been about a month or longer since I did the mod though...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:48 AM
Just some guy in Canada

brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

You squeeze the tabs inward. Don't be gently, this part requires significant persuasion.

With the cover off, take a good look at the tab/catch and what it does when you press the tab inward. It even has arrows on the cover indicating the latching direction of the tabs.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 07-30-2012, 03:53 PM

Vehicle: 2012 2500 4x4 Crew
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Silver
Rep:11
Mophead is on a distinguished road

The latches confused me too. I "used" to be a good mechanic. I've really dumbed down. When I made the cut out I was thinking the latches were gonna fit INSIDE the cutout. I thought I'd gotten the wrong part, so I quick ck'd this post and sure enough had the correct part #'s. So I thought damn Ram had made some mid production changes. It's amazing how long it takes to get my head far enough up my ass to poke back out and see daylight. So I'm getting mad looking at the piece of plastic and Brad's pic when it finally dawns on me the clips go to the outside and get pinched inwards. And they do take some persuasion to latch securely. Thanks again Brad. Damn glad you had BIG pictures. Thinking maybe you could put some crayon marks on the next ones though!?
Old 07-30-2012, 04:04 PM

Vehicle: 2012 2500 4x4 Crew
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Silver
Rep:11
Mophead is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardware View Post
Mophead - can you explain that a little more? I'm not following your description...
The picture I took is sideways (should have flipped it before I uploaded it). I can't get my camera up into the space to show the real fine screen without a periscope feature. In the pic you can see the coarser of the two screens. It appears to cover the entire intake opening and is the furthest (towards the engine compartment) of the two screens the much finer screen only protrudes up into the intake opening about a quarter of the way. It protrudes up from the bottom (towards the floorboard). I would suspect they are to keep leaves/debris from being sucked into the system. I also ASSUME they are accessed under the wiper cowl. I was wondering if anyone else noticed these and PERHAPS has taken the cowl off to see. All of this because as I mentioned I can get my head pretty far up my butt at times and I figured I'd laugh at someone else for a change.

Last edited by brad12kx; 07-30-2012 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Fix 'quote' BB code
Old 07-31-2012, 12:49 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mophead View Post
...... Damn glad you had BIG pictures. Thinking maybe you could put some crayon marks on the next ones though!?
I do my best to please. Since you didn't specify the crayon color, I randomly selected orange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mophead View Post
The picture I took is sideways (should have flipped it before I uploaded it). I can't get my camera up into the space to show the real fine screen without a periscope feature. In the pic you can see the coarser of the two screens. It appears to cover the entire intake opening and is the furthest (towards the engine compartment) of the two screens the much finer screen only protrudes up into the intake opening about a quarter of the way. It protrudes up from the bottom (towards the floorboard). I would suspect they are to keep leaves/debris from being sucked into the system. I also ASSUME they are accessed under the wiper cowl. I was wondering if anyone else noticed these and PERHAPS has taken the cowl off to see. All of this because as I mentioned I can get my head pretty far up my butt at times and I figured I'd laugh at someone else for a change.
I am not aware of the finer screen, but will look for it next chance I get. I really don't think this is a filter as it would require cleaning and there is no mention of a filter (let alone cleaning one) in the owners manual or service manual. Is it a screen/filter, or is that just a design cast into the housing piece? :4-donknow:

The coarser one appears to be there to catch large firewood sized debris before it damages the filter.