DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old Yesterday, 11:25 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Black
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:41
WPG-RAM is on a distinguished road
Default Nick's '13 Ram 4.7 Build

After 18 months I figured I’m about do to create a build thread for my ’13 Ram 4.7. I previously had a 2011 Mitsu Lancer Ralliart (turbo / AWD), was a fun car but I wasn’t thoroughly impressed with it. Build quality felt rather low, lots of rattles and creeks, etc. I had the idea in the back of my head I would get a truck next, using my vehicle more and more for work.

I saw a flyer for one of the local dealers in Winnipeg selling Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4’s for $26,xxx I went in and drove it, was happy with it. I started lurking the site and saw levelled 4th gens with 35” tires and I needed this truck in my life even after getting lowballed on my trade in.

Went back in a second time, tried reason with the sales manager, and said I would not accept a penny less than 24K for my trade (was super clean with 18,000kms on it). To make the story short, I left. He called me a few days later and told me the truck was mine at the agreed price if I still wanted it, I went in that night to put a deposit down.

Fast forward to Jan 19 2013, it was a great day indeed. For most of you Americans you may not care or know, but this is went he NHL Lockout ended. I picked up my truck Saturday AM and was at the Jets home opener by 1:00pm with a smile on my face.
First Day Home

While lurking this site I had a good idea as to what direction I wanted to take this build, within a day or two of owning my truck I ordered the 2.5” HBS front level and after 4 days of owning the truck I swapped the 265/70/17 tires for 285/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler Territories which is a made for Canada only tire, similar the Duratrac. While at it I painted the factory 17” alloy wheels black.

Level on and doing a little offroading

Friends Sierra

Few weeks later I tinted the two front windows 35% and added 6K HIDS to the Quad lights.

While browsing ebay I saw some replica Westin Bull Bars for around $130 and decided to give it a shot. Was packaged extremely well and appeared to be good quality, I wasn’t a fan and pulled it and sold it locally at a small profit!

Next up with getting rid of the chrome, I wanted a pure black out theme. Grille and front bumper were painted with Rustoleum Bedliner and the badges were plastic dipped.

With almost immediate regret of only upgrading to a 285/70/17 I purchases a set of 35x12.50x17 and 17x9 -12 wheels and tires from discount tire, this was done in June 2013, aprrox. 5 months of owning my Ram. I also purchased 2” rear coil spring spacers on ebay made by MotoFab.

I had a Magnaflow 24” Muffler installed a few months back but was very disappointed with it, did not give off that ‘V8 sound’ at all, sounded pathetic in my opinion. After Brandon’s review of the Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, his exhaust clips sold me immediately. I purchased myself a birthday present and ordered it up!

This is where my Ram gets put on the back burner. I took a good 6-8 months off this forum, come back and Brandon’s got this ridiculous 3500! I moved from Winnipeg Mb to Regina Sk, my employer offered me the position of branch manager, my fiancé and I took little time deciding. We have no kids and nothing tieing us to Winnipeg so I accepted and moved here nearly a year ago today. We took possession of our new home in Oct. 2013.

With us only having one vehicle as my girlfriend worked in downtown Winnipeg she took public transit. We needed some new wheels, I saw this as an excuse to get into a car to fool around with. Purchased an ’01 Audi TT 6 speed, stage 2, front mount intercooler, etc.
Flowmaster AT Catback - Diablo Trinity T1000 (soon to be tuned by Hemi Fever) - RCX 6" - 35x12.50x17 Fierce Attitude & MB TKO - Clazzio Leather Covers/Heated Seats - Reacon Tinted Headlights - Dual Exhaust Rear Bumper -35% Tint

Last edited by WPG-RAM; Yesterday at 02:24 PM.
Sponsored links
Old Yesterday, 11:26 AM

While it was an absolute BLAST to drive a most missed car I’ve owned it was way too impractical. I needed my truck for work from time to time and my wife could not comprehend the basics of driving standard LOL. My mother in law was trading in her ’09 Compass with only 54kms on it and was of course lowballed hard at the dealer. She sold it to us for $5,500 and I sold my Audi to purchase the Jeep and build a garage.
The Jeep looked way too pathetic to me so I swapped the factory 17’s for a 15” steel wheel with Duratracs on it, this Compass turned heads around here LOL

My wife drove it until July and we sold it for profit and split the proceeds with my mother in law. It was just a fwd and was a little small for us. My wife had a 2010 Wrangler Sport (base) back in Winnipeg and loved it so we went shopping and purchased a 2014 Wrangler Willy’s Edition and immediately upgraded the wheels and tires.

Now we’re up to present day, that was a lot over the past year! Time to spend some time (and money) on the Ram.
RCX 6” Lift

Diablo Trinity Tuner

Lights behind Grille & Recon Lights

Dual Exhaust Rear Bumper

Tips corrected for bumper

LIFT IS ON!!

Flowmaster AT Catback - Diablo Trinity T1000 (soon to be tuned by Hemi Fever) - RCX 6" - 35x12.50x17 Fierce Attitude & MB TKO - Clazzio Leather Covers/Heated Seats - Reacon Tinted Headlights - Dual Exhaust Rear Bumper -35% Tint

Last edited by WPG-RAM; Yesterday at 04:20 PM.
Old Yesterday, 04:23 PM

This showed up earlier this week, hopefully I’ll have time to put them on this weekend. Clazzio all black leather covers and heated seat kit!
Old Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Wingnut

Vehicle: 2012 RAM
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: Mineral greay
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:24
Sixfive is on a distinguished road

Super Nice! with all the cool goodies