Swine's 2015 Ram Build - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum
DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Dodge Dakota Dodge Durango Dodge Nitro Jeep
Diesel Forums!
Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Nitro Forum Jeep Forum
Dodge Challenger Dodge Charger Chrysler 300 Dodge Magnum
Dodge Caliber
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum Chrysler 300 Forum Dodge Magnum Forum

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!
Place your Ad Here!

Old 03-09-2016, 11:27 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2015
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Granite/Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:10
swine is on a distinguished road
Default Swine's 2015 Ram Build

The truck:

2015 Ram Crew Cab 4x4 Outdoorsman short bed with RamBoxes. 5.7l Hemi/8sp. Granite Crystal Metallic over Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl.
Purchased in August 2015

Upon delivery I had the dealer swap out the stock tires for BFG KO2's. I kept the stock size 275/60R20. I didn't like the tires that came with it. Trucks should have truck tires and I certainly didn't want to have to live with the stickers for as long as it would take me to wear them out.

DSCF0329.JPG
Stock wranglers and badges

Shortly after bringing it home I debadged the whole truck. I'm not a fan of chrome, especially not on a dark truck. I replaced some of the badges with the black versions. I got black Ram's head emblems for the grill and tailgate and black HEMI badges for the fender. I also mounted the HEMI badge slightly higher where I thought it would look better. All the emblems were OEM replacements.

DSCF0342.JPG
DSCF0346.JPG
DSCF0354.JPG
Sponsored links
Old 03-09-2016, 11:46 AM

Next I got an Access Lorado tonneau cover. I had this cover on my previous truck and really liked it so I decided to stick with it for this truck.

DSCF0365.JPG

I don't run a front plate so I found some small black plugs to fill in the holes, which I thought kind of stood out. They're metal and come in gloss black.

plate plugs.jpg

In keeping with the anti-chrome theme, I thought the fog lights looked too bright in the black bumper so I got some tinted laminate covers to tone them down (Headlight Armor)

front - Copy.jpg

One of the things I noticed fairly early in my ownership of this truck was the idiotic mounting of the oil filter. I new right away I was gonna have to do something with that since it would be a PITA every time I changed the filter.

I decided to remote mount the filter. I'd seen some other threads where people had done this and it looked like a good idea. I mounted the filter up front on the frame in front of the post where the tow hook bolt attaches. Install was fairly easy and I'm real happy with this. It will make changing the filter a breeze. I also added a quick release drain valve to the oil pan.

filter2 (1).jpg drain.jpg
Old 03-09-2016, 12:04 PM

More anti-chrome. I had the same concerns with the headlights that I had with the fogs. When I discovered that Ram had come out with black quad headlights I ordered a set. These made a huge difference in the look up front and were one of the more affordable options.

I like the look of the projector lights, but they were significantly more expensive and required an add on harness to work with the CANBUS.

I'll post pics as soon as I find them. Until then check out my thread.
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=209097

I didn't like the single exhaust that came on the truck so I started looking into a dual exhaust solution. I found someone selling a stock dual exhaust set-up on CL for a good price so I went that route. It had come off a brand new 2015 Rebel and was like new. I had to get the additional hangers from the dealer for the left side pipe. With the new hangers in place it was just a simple swap. I don't have the bumper with the exhaust cut-outs, but the tips are adjustable so they cleared the bottom of the bumper with no problem.

I also knew that the truck exhaust was too quiet for my liking. I did some research on direct fit mufflers and decided to go with the Flowmaster Outlaw. It was a direct bolt on replacement. It sounds much better than stock. It does have a little drone cruising below 1800 RPM so I just shift down to get rid of it.

After reading about the cabin air filter mod I decided to add that to my list. Bought the parts and got it installed.
Old 03-09-2016, 12:10 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:39
Laffs is on a distinguished road

Good looking build so far! Any more pics of the new tires and the fog light tint? Been debating BFG K02 in stock size on mine and the bright fogs stand out with sport lights.
Old 03-09-2016, 12:15 PM

Santa brought me some goodies so I worked on those when the weather cooperated. I installed a DeeZee tailgate assist. Installation went ok until the cable doohickey snapped in half. I called DeeZee and they sent a new one right out.

I also got one of the shortened antennas. I went to install it to discover that it has adapter insert instead of being threaded specifically for the Ram. The adapter left a gap between the antenna and the base which looked stupid so I didn't end up using that. I'm gonna cut down the stock antenna and paint it black. I don't use the FM radio that much since I've got satellite radio, but I like the ability to have the option. I just think the stock antenna is ugly.

I got some Weathertech Floorliners put in. My wife has these in her SUV and I really like them. They keep the yuck contained (snow country) in the winter and are easier to clean than rubber mats.

I got a BedRug that I have yet to install. I'm waiting for the weather to warm up a little first. Might happen next week.
Old 03-09-2016, 12:37 PM

The latest addition is LED light bars in the lower bumpers where the tow hook protrude. I was envious of you guys with the bumpers that are able to mount a light bar between the tow hooks. I figured that I would be able to mount something in those spaces, but it didn't seem like anyone else had done it (at least not that I could find). I finally got the mounting figured out and the lights mounted.

DSCF0434.JPG DSCF0436.JPG

It took awhile for me to come up with a switch solution. I looked at the Carling switches, but couldn't come up with a mounting solution that made me happy. I'm not a fan of making mods that I can't reverse and return to stock. Especially cutting anything in the interior. Anyhow, I discovered Switch-Pros and knew I'd found the solution. I mounted the controller in an A pillar pod.

DSCF0418.JPG

I have a few more mods currently in the works that I'm hoping to get to next week. I'll be installing flush mount LED pods in the rear bumper and shortening and painting my antenna.

DSCF0416-001.JPG

I'll also be fabricating new exhaust tips. I found black oval tips that I think will look good with my non cut-out bumper. I just need to weld on some sections that will allow me to connect them to the stock pipes.

That's everything so far, I think. Things for the future are: tinting the front windows to match the back, doing something to darken/tint the rear lights and working on a cross bed bar at the very front of the bed. I want something where I can mount lights and a CB antenna.

Well, as Porky Pig said... th-th-th-that's all folks.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
Good looking build so far! Any more pics of the new tires and the fog light tint? Been debating BFG K02 in stock size on mine and the bright fogs stand out with sport lights.
Check these threads.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=205776
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=204865
Old 03-10-2016, 11:23 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:39
Laffs is on a distinguished road

Thanks!
Old 03-30-2016, 02:34 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: Bright White
Rep:108
BrandonB will become famous soon enoughBrandonB will become famous soon enough

Any work on the flush mount LEDs in the bumper yet?
"Stella"-Bilstein 5100's at 2.8, 20x9 +1 Fuel Hostage III's, 35x12.50R20 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro's, S&B CAI, 18" Magnaflow, DS T1000, Weather Techs, tow hooks, Phillips Crystal Vision Ultra's, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, 1" TGC rear spacers, Dip'd badges, Coverking Cordura Ballistic seat covers
Old 03-30-2016, 02:40 PM

Yep, they're in. Apparently I've exceeded my limit for posting photos.