DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-03-2012, 10:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

I've been really busy lately, and have been having some bad luck, so haven't had much time to follow up on this linex issue.

So I went in and they fixed it. One of the nicest guys I've ever met, and was the best customer service experience I've ever had. He told me he'd strip the entire bed(8 hours of work) and respray it if I wanted, or try to puncture it and super glue it. I told him let's try the glue first and if it doesn't work I'll be back. So far so good, still holding fine. Took him about 15 minutes to repair, and we BS'd about trucks and other things for about 2 hours lol. He had a ram 2500 and his wife has a 1500. They had a ton of stuff sprayed on their trucks, and some other neat things in the office(like a styro foam cooler).

I also got my under cover swing case toolbox installed. I love this box, but not without some issues first... First of all, Clark with autoanything has been great and a huge help. Nevertheless, it didn't fit(not his fault). The box wouldn't latch close due to hitting the tie down hook. So I decided I liked the box so much I'd put some more time/money into it to make it fit. I bought some aluminum flat stock and made shims to push it out further. It worked great, and fits great now. A bit frustrating...but oh well. Then a week later I realized the damn bracket is already rusting(mainly in areas where the screws took the paint off). So I had to wire brush the 1 week old bracket and spray some rustoleum gloss black spray paint over these areas. Should be good now.

This box is pretty cool, really good design, but I just hope it holds up. I am frustrated that it didn't fit and I had to make it work out, then it's seeming to not last a long time, but it is a really cool box and fits my needs perfectly(I can fit my bike in and shut the tailgate, and have a tool box). Anyway, I guess the big question is....would I buy it again? Well, probably yes. Would I buy another for the other side like I originally planned? Well, probably no. I think I can fit what I need in the one, and not worry about the issues on the opposite side. If it was a better fit and didn't require so much work from me, and I was sure it'd last the life of the truck I'd definitely get it.

So anyway, nothing bad about Clark, but just frustration from that particular product. And it's actually a great product, but obviously they hadn't test fit it on a 4th gen(and amazingly NO 4th gen guys have bought one!?!?!?), and I think they should make the bracket from aluminum(NO rust).

I also will be adding another mini mod to my truck tomorrow and will post pics of it and the toolbox and bedliner tomorrow hopefully. At the latest I'll get pics up during the week.

In line with the bad luck above we bought a tread mill (trying to lose some weight ) and when we plugged it in it just sort of hummed and nothing worked. So we called and it was some useless foreign guy we couldn't understand. So I decided to take it apart and check it out.....HOLY CRAP....."made in china" never sounded worse. There was a wire that went to the display/controls that wasn't plugged in to the circuit board. The belt from the electric motor to the walking belt wasn't attached. The pulley that drives the belt on the electric motor was laying next to the motor, NOT attached. And the worst was that the electric motor end cap, a REALLY sturdy plastic cap was DESTROYED, in pieces. It's amazing because the outer plastics(very fragile, cheap plastic) were perfect, undamaged, which tells me somebody actually assembled this thing with all these F'd up parts. Unbelievable(but then again little ching in china that's 5 years old and works in a sweat shop probably doesn't know better....). Anyway, I know I'm bitching lol, but we called and they sent a new motor and other parts needed and I put it together last night and it works. Still, the metal is formed/welded so poorly the pulleys aren't quite in line....but it works. That's what you get for CHEAP. But I didn't buy it....so I didn't have a say in the purchase...

There's been some other "bad luck"(more of real issues rather than material things....) but I'll quite bitching haha. Everyone goes through bad days/weeks/etc. Every day on this side of the grass is a good day

My exhaust should be on in a few weeks hopefully(running a dedicated line to the garage tomorrow for the welder...).

EDIT: Just realized how long this post was....sorry

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Sponsored links
Old 09-03-2012, 11:22 PM

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

glad to have some updates man. I'm still trying to picture the tool box, but pictures coming soon is fine by me!

glad everything worked out with the line-x
Old 09-03-2012, 11:30 PM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Just realized I had some pics I already put on the computer...

The tool box latched in place:

Unlatched(swings over the tail gate):

The shims I made(gotta admit I'm pretty impressed lol):

One benefit of shimming it away from the bedside is I can open the lid further when latched:

Old 09-03-2012, 11:57 PM

^I'm sure once my wife see's that picture my luck will be turned around...

Yes it has a lock. It's really a sweet box, just unfortunate about the fitment issue and the rust on the bracket(to be expected with steel though...).

Old 09-03-2012, 11:59 PM

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

ah yea I have looked at those... I even have one, had her for 3 years now, fits really good in my second gen (yea my wife's a.brunette too!!)

oh yea TOOL BOX! sorry haha

those are pretty neat! looks good man, even the modifications look clean.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:44 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Color: Gloss Black
Rep:141
Darkknight3829 will become famous soon enoughDarkknight3829 will become famous soon enough

Sounds like a fun weekend!! Lol
AirAid Intake System, PowerAid Throttle body spacer, SuperChips Flashpaq, Edge RacingTorque Converter, Straight Through Exhaust, Mechanical fan delete, ATI Super Damper, MT Street ET Drag Radial Tires
Old 09-04-2012, 09:21 PM

Here's the other "mini" mod I did today. I have a few scratches above the tailgate handle from my wedding ring so I put some of that clear vinyl protectant there. Hard to see but maybe you can make it out:

Also ran a dedicated 10/2 line on a 30 amp breaker with 20 amp outlet for my welder(and anything else I decide I need ):

Now I can put my exhaust on!

Old 09-15-2012, 10:06 PM

So I discovered today that my truck is NOT mineral grey, it is actually WHITE!!! I realized this after washing it

I also used the opti seal sealant on the whole truck. Did the door jambs and everything as well, did a really thorough clean. Just need to do the interior tomorrow and it'll be 100% done and clean. I found a couple small rust spots in the door jambs and tail gate jambs, will touch up tomorrow as well to prevent them from spreading.

Since I had that little accident with the lady bending my front bumper I think I'm going to save up some money and do a sport bumper swap. Hopefully eventually I'll find it cheaper in a junk yard but we'll see. I'll probably do the grill and rear bumper as well to match. Likely the handles too then. I'm going to be doing my headlights fairly soon hopefully(cheap mod) just baking them to remove the amber lenses.

Exhaust will be going on within weeks, maybe next weekend, we'll see.

Also am thinking of powder coating the antenna black(getting some other work done in black for my bike). Will be eventually painting the antenna base black as it's turned blue like everyone elses.

Oh and I guess I'll be debadging the doors(already did the tailgate). As I was washing them I noticed the RAM letters are sort of loose. So I'll be taking them off soon(maybe tomorrow). Will look better with the sport bumpers anyway once that's done.

Need to also finish my catch can bracket. I made a mock up just need to finish it and have it cut from aluminum. Already have the CC as well.

I guess I'll be knocking out some little cheap/easy mods through the end of the year (headlights, debadge, antenna, etc) since I'm running out of money haha. Will be spending some on the bike again so more truck mods will wait to next year. Don't really have a whole lot else planned though actually, eventually different/lighter wheels with street tires(probably when these tires are bald), and some minor things.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:50 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram QC
Color: Deepwater Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
tclark is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a good plan. As for the antenna base I replaced mine for $1.12 from the dealer. Its been a while and its still black.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:59 PM

At that price.....that's tempting lol. How easy is it to change? The thing is if I have to replace it every 1-2 years I might as well just do a nice paint job on it and have it last.