DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-16-2012, 12:04 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Holy crap you bought a new white truck!!! I didn't think the front bumper damage was that bad lol Now when you say lighter wheels and street tires does that mean you're going to be trying to run down some Hemi's at the track?? Obviously not Josh's but you might catch mine lol I haven't done anything performance wise to it since last time at OSW. How hard is it to remove that antenna base because I may just get some rattle can DWB and some 2000 grit sand paper and go to town on it. Truck looks good finally all cleaned up, took you long enough lol
Sponsored links
Old 09-16-2012, 12:20 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

LOL Steve yeah I want to go back to lighter wheels/tires because I noticed when I switched to these I lost some acceleration. I like how they look but I'm sure I can find another set that looks good. I'm not really looking to be the fastest guy out there, I won't ever be, even if I bought a blower and nitrous. But with a few more mods I think I'll be running with stock hemi's (mid 15's) and that'll make me happy. It's a good running truck for such a small engine and the gas mileage is great. I know it isn't a rocket but it runs strong, and does what I need it to do. The main reason I upgraded from my single cab 4 cylinder s10(with 220,000 miles) was so that we could take the dogs and the bike on our trips with us. Previously we couldn't do that, as we either took the car(dogs) or the truck(bike). And with 220,000 miles I just didn't have warm and cuddly feelings driving 24 hours away from home lol.

So the truck is great, I love it....don't think I'll be able to run you down though as you are in the 14's IIRC....but I ran 16.2 and now have the converter and should have the exhaust done soon(y pipe and staright through 14" muffler). Don't think I've changed anything else. So I should hopefully get into the 15's(if I decide to run) on Oct. 7th. I think with stock wheels/tires I'd drop another few tenths.

There won't really be much else performance wise, maybe long tubes if I can get the time/courage/patience to make them in my garage lol. And if I ever need to tear in to the engine I'd probably do minor head work myself and POSSIBLY look at getting cams(custom though so $$$$$). The only other thing I could think of that I MIGHT do is the fastman TB but it doesn't help as much I don't think on the 4.7L(as compared to the hemi) because it's a plastic cast TB and is already smoothly polished. The hemi is sort of rough with ridges so there's more to gain with the mod.

Oh and one of these days I'll get the ram air scoop done. It's just such a huge PITA lol. Will be worth it though eventually....

The damage to the bumper is very minor, but still, it wasn't there before she hit me.

Here you can see the scratch in the paint:

And what really pissed me off is the bent bumper:

Sorry it's sideways. You can see it's bent in about 1/4" to 1/2".

I know it's very minor damage but it pisses me off it was perfect and now this lady hits me and it's bent and I'm stuck with it. Oh well....at least it's not that bad and I can live with it and then I have an excuse to get sport bumpers

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:25 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram QC
Color: Deepwater Pearl
Rep:10
tclark is on a distinguished road

Cover the chrome nut with a rag and use some channel locks to loosen it and it unscrews by hand. I don't think i removed the antenna because i didnt want to drop the part the antenna screws to inside the fender.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:02 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Ram Hemi
Trim Level: Lonestar
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:296
BlackHemI is a jewel in the roughBlackHemI is a jewel in the roughBlackHemI is a jewel in the rough

Dang Sean hope everything is ok
14" magnaflow with custom magna y-pipe, 8k heads and fogs, hella FF 500's, 5% tint all the way, 60" LED brake light, Smoked tails and 3rd, Ballistic Jesters in 275/55/20 zeon ltz, color matched handles/mirrors, painted calipers, L.E.D interior, debadged & Viper 5901, 180 t-stat
Old 09-16-2012, 01:10 AM

InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Those newer 4.7's are great little motors, and are miles ahead of the old one like I used to have. I did the same thing when I had my 3rd gen 4.7 and modded the hell out of it performance wise and was able to just edge out a stock 3rd gen Hemi. It's awesome having a screaming 4.7 lol I still miss that truck

Sucks to see you're bumper like that man, did that guy ever et back to you on paying to get it fixed? I'll keep an eye out on pick-a-part places and CL for sport bumpers. I know a guy in Texas who works at a body shop that had a spare sport bumper at one point I'll see if he still has it.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:19 AM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

That's your old truck? Sounds and looks good. Yeah I'm happy with this truck. Keep in mind I'm coming from driving a 89 rwhp truck for 3 years haha.

It's kind of depressing to put all this money into the truck to gains say 50 hp and then I can spend a day tuning my buell(free) and gain 10 hp haha. For a while there I was thinking about turboing my truck or supercharging but I've decided against it. I'd like to get it "finished" how I want it then start building my ford. If I spend all this money on a turbo project it'll push the ford out and I don't want to do that.

That'd be great man I'd love to get the bumpers changed out, even better if I can save some money. Thanks! I'm even thinking color doesn't matter, I could paint it.

It's so annoying because the damage is so slight that it's almost not noticeable, but it's just enough to annoy me haha. The guy hasn't responded since thursday I don't think. Basically once I gave him a dollar amount($650) to replace the bent bumper and bracket and fix the paint he never responded. I need to follow up with him to see if he'll pick up or just blow me off...

Old 09-16-2012, 11:20 AM

not to mention your 0-60 time is a lot quicker on the Buell It's hard to say don't SC your truck better when you think about what other projects you could sink that kind of cash into, yur other projects start looking a lot better. What kind of Ford are you working on? I know that damage has to be eating away at you man, I hate it when circumstances work out like they are and you don't know the extent of the damage until soeone looks at it and its worse that what you initially thought. Nowadays cars are made to crumple and fall apart easier for safety reason. Like it matters if my hood is an 1" higher in case I hit a pedestrian, it's a truck it's not going to end well either way lol And what the hell are they walking in the middle of the street for? lol

Ya that was my old truck, one of the few videos I had of it. That exhaust was obnoxious and I loved every minute of it lol
OLD pic
Old 09-16-2012, 04:28 PM

I have a 81 F100 my dad bought new and he gave it to me in HS and it pretty much needs restored now. I want to put it on the track but keep it streetable. I'd love to hit single digits but we'll see. Don't know that I can afford that much engine. Likely will start out with an LS3, that should be good for at least 12's. It's a very light truck, something like 3300 lbs. I was going to build up the inline 6 more but it's just not popular enough and that means too expensive. It was pretty quick but I'll never be able to get what I want out of that engine. I had done a lot of work to it just to get like 300-350hp.

Here's the truck many many years ago (that's me):

Old 09-16-2012, 04:42 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
I have a 81 F100 my dad bought new and he gave it to me in HS and it pretty much needs restored now. I want to put it on the track but keep it streetable. I'd love to hit single digits but we'll see. Don't know that I can afford that much engine. Likely will start out with an LS3, that should be good for at least 12's. It's a very light truck, something like 3300 lbs. I was going to build up the inline 6 more but it's just not popular enough and that means too expensive. It was pretty quick but I'll never be able to get what I want out of that engine. I had done a lot of work to it just to get like 300-350hp.

Here's the truck many many years ago (that's me):

Wow, nice truck, love to have one, hey look they had Armoral for the tires way back then LOL
Old 09-16-2012, 04:47 PM

Thanks, can't wait until the day it's back on the road!

I thought Steve would like it (since he likes chrome so much )